Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Broken up after 2 years

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mikes_baby_girl On December 17, 2007

welland, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 22:35:22
so I've been with Mike for almost two years and a few days ago, he broke up with me saying that he needs time to figure out how he feels....We broke up on the 7th and its now the 11th and we've hung out every day, which is nice but it hurts because I love him more than life itself and sitting there knowing that we're only friends is ripping me apart. Its so hard to keep my hands off him for fear of how he'll react,m I know he needs time but how much time, how long should I wait, this is so confusing. All I know is that with him in my life everything was as it should have vbeen and now everything is thrown off....i cant eat much, my sleeping habits are f***ed. I dont know what to do with myself. Its not a question of "does he care aboiut me" because I know he does but.....I dont know, its just hard

Help!!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 22:40:41
you need to distract yourself and give him space, get away if you can and if you cant set yourself a little goal every day. Time will see you through, eat when you can, sleep when you can. I know your heart is breaking but keep your dignity above everything else, be strong and dont beg him to come back.

welland, Canada
#3New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 22:44:04
I'm not begging him to come back...but its hard not to. We've been through a lot together, while bein glad that he could admit that he didnt know how he felt, I feel angry too for it taking this long. ya know? i'm a mixture of emotions and its soo stressful
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 22:45:55
I agree, give him up, not forever, just for a few days. Good luck dear, have faith, if he and you are ment, he will come around!!!
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 22:47:05
Treebs is right, spending time with someone when you've just broken up is so difficult. It;s one thing if there's no feelings, but quite another in this case. It might be easier to just spend some time apart for a while. Especially if you're spening all the time together.
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#6New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 23:02:50
They are right......listen to us old timers. If he needs time and space to think you should be giving it to him.

Hanging out with him will only let him know you will still be around if he dumps you.

Dont give him the idea that you are always going to be there so he can come and go as he pleases.

Keep yourself busy, dont call or talk to or see him every day. You have a life too.

welland, Canada
#7New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 23:13:52
hes the one calling me to hang out. its not like im throwin myself at him. I'm not going to say no if he asks me to hang out. I dont have it in me to do that....
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#8New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 23:16:27
The problem is that you really should. He is going to need time away from you to make up his mind. Or he is gonna move on but not know if he needs to tell you because you have such a good "friends" relationship.

I think it really is important to let him know that if he wants you in his life it needs to be on your terms too. Not just whenever he wants to hang out.

It makes it look like you are available for him whenever he feels lonely or bored.

Take a step back and give him some space. Say no, you have a life. And if you dont, find one.
autumnsmama On March 09, 2009

Cambridge, Canada
#9New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 23:26:30
They're right. Really . It's a hard situation, and I told you this morning, don't let him play any games on you. You're a strong headed b**** when you want to be, and you've never let anyone walk all over you. Don't let him do it either. If he loves you, he'll come back. It's nice to hear that it isn't messy, and that you are both still friends, that's great. But I hate seeing you hurting.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs