The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Long-term relationships..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#1New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 05:23:22
Basically all my life I have been in long term relationships, 2 of them were about 3 years each. I prefer being with one person and that is it, I'm not into the whole "hooking up scene". Being my age it's hard to find someone else about the same age who wants to settle down and have a commited relationship but anyways my question is do you think people that take on a long-term relationship during their young years are missing out? or maybe wasting time?
jwasafrog On September 18, 2010

, California
#2New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 05:25:25
I think people that are simply in it for the sex, or "hooking up" or dating are
wasting their time.

But not really my area of expertice.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 05:26:50
I wouldn't say their missing out or wasting their time. I just think you need sometime single so you can find out who you are and grow by yourselves without having someone there all the time.
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#4New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 05:52:02
i love long term relationships, i am not very comfortable with meeting up with different people. i have had 3 so far, one for a year, the next was 3 year and right now it is going on a year with justin in december. inbetween the first 2 i had a ton of boyfriends but it just wasnt my thing
stormie76 On March 20, 2010
MIA

Deleted

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 06:14:00
long-term relationships are awesome id rather long term over a fling anyday, having just ending one in dec after 11 yrs together i didnt do alot of the things that i wanted to do ie travel etc but in saying that it was some of the best times of my life, we had two great kids together and loved eachother very much, I just think if we had done all the things we wanted before we got serious that it may have lasted alot longer! Being 18 yo and so wrapped up in someone you tend to focus on them 100% of the time and lose sight of goals, id say its better to wait till your mid 20s but thats just my thought on things, not that id change a thing thats happend i have no regrets just wonder what could have been sometimes
Now im in a new relationship i can say its bloody weird after being with one person for so long, everything feels so new and strange but good strange
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#6New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 06:14:52
I am the same as you Chrissy.....I have had only a couple long term relationships. I dated a few guys in between but it only lasted weeks when I realized they werent long term material.

Why waste your time with the guy of the moment when you can have something real??

My time is too precious for that.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 07:24:30
I think its better to have something long-term even if its not gonna be forever than flings. OK you will probably fall in love and it hurts when its over and you look back at the 2-3 years you spent with that person. But at least you had "something". At least there were real feelings involved and these relationships teach you a lot about where you go wrong so you are ready for the big one, one day.

Flings and one-night-stands can change the way a person treats the opposite sex. It can make you bitter about relationships. I think everyone tries it at some point, then realises how hollow it makes you feel. Yes you can go have some good sex but there is no real affection attached to it.

Keep looking for that special connection Chrissy, dont compromise. Have fun with your freinds, maybe go on some dates, but i would recommend you just take a laid back attitude with it all, dont get into anything you are unsure about and one day it will all happen for you
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs