Society & Lifestyles

life thru a computer?"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
ang42 On October 12, 2007

Pontiac, Illinois
#16New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 22:38:56
Well for me I usually just get on at work, but TFS is sooo adicting that here it is Sunday evening and i had to get on just for a few minutes...lol
tammi On December 31, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#17New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 00:52:10
I understand people who are not able to leave there homes. either because they are ill, or have small children and dont go out much . to have the computer,Is a great and wonderful thing in that situation.
But There are some people that live and breath on the computer. Some actually get very little sleep because they dont want to miss a second.and have no life outside that computer. They dont realize what ,or who is being neglected because of there addiction to it.
With some people it becomes a addiction. There was one on my last last site who had a bad problem with it . And needed help.
So yes there are times people do have a problem with it. But other wise it can be a great place to meet people.
mina On September 11, 2006

Deleted

, Colorado
#18New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 02:44:51
Ever since I joined this site that is all I do is spend so much time here. I did have a life outside TFS before but it was pretty boring. In here I can be the real me and let my goofiness out and have so many new friends now it is great.
slartundo On October 24, 2006

imperial beach, California
#19New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 03:28:05
i wouldnt be kool because you can get carpool tunnel or somethin like tat and ten its like ugly to do tat well i gotta go bye
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#20New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 03:33:25
is all about balance

i pretty much only spend time browsing and in forums when I'm at work (work for an isp so browsing can be explained as "skills development" )

on my days off (4 on, 4 off) I'll occassionally check my email but usually keep away from the web

some people spend heaps more time than this (obviously) and for some of them they're getting more human contact that way than they otherwise would. some, I suppose, get less.

at least living your life through a computer is still individual and independent - better than lving life through a job, or a partner or an addiction to something harmfull
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#21New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 04:13:53
I'm on the computer way toooo much, and it's only going to get worse bc now, my best friend is so far away, and we are unable to talk by phone anymore due to international stuff.
emeraldeyes On February 26, 2008

Deleted

Mayville, Michigan
#22New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 04:20:43
Unless there is a reason a person cant leave the house it's not normal for some one to be on a web site all the time. it's not healthy
If we can get out we should
lizbethmoney45 On October 28, 2012

n.y.,
#23New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 05:09:17
8) it can be very addictive if your not careful you can easily get carried away with all the extra's on the net and forget you really have a real life that also needs tending to,,,,,but hey mann what ever turns you on, what ever's clever man.....dont burst someone elses bubble just because its grown to big, or because its just not big enough........ 8)
ybbi On November 18, 2007

Limerick, Ireland
#24New Post! Sep 04, 2006 @ 18:15:42
i believe it is about balance, i would spent a decent amount of time on the web, however i have real life things to do, so five mins here and there isnt bad, but prolonged periods isnt good.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Sep 07, 2006 @ 07:42:53
TFS is part of my social life now, i have kids at home and cant go out at night yet, they arent old enough to leave alone and are at the age where they dont want a babysitter either.

Ive made some awesome freinds here and it honestly feels sometimes that we are talking face to face Its so weird, nothing i have ever encountered before.

I guess they have been here for me when i have been housebound with no adult discussion apart from at work. Sometimes at night, when you are alone and watching the TV you wanna say something about what you are watching or talk about your day. When the kids are in bed, there is nobody there for me. And i dont wanna start talking to myself really before i had the net i had massive discussions with my cat

In answer to the question though, i think maybe it can be unhealthy for some people. If they are single with no ties yet live life on the net its kinda wierd to me.

Also some people beleive thier own press on the net. I mean, anyone can be anything they choose on the net. They can tell outrageous lies to people and i think sometimes they have a problem getting a grip on reality.

Like, life on the net is way easier than reality, so its a form of burying your head in the sand

I think if you wanna network and make freinds then its fantastic, if you wanna make up a life and love it and live it on the net, then thats time to see the Doc.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#26New Post! Sep 07, 2006 @ 08:22:55
i live partially through computers i mean i have fun here and on the computer.. but if i dont go out everyday for at least 2 hours.. then i dont think the day is fun at all.. i do believe its the boring type of day instead.. cuz i cant stand sitting at home all the time.. even when having fun on the pc.. so yeah.. part..
billybobkins On January 03, 2012

newcastle, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Sep 07, 2006 @ 16:12:48
yeah i know what you mean, I used to be abit like that...but not anymore, real life is so much better.
But yeah you could live your life using the net you wouldnt have to leave your home, you could food shoop, clothes shop, and everything online! LIke your own little universe.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#28New Post! Sep 07, 2006 @ 17:07:07
@billybobkins Said
yeah i know what you mean, I used to be abit like that...but not anymore, real life is so much better.
But yeah you could live your life using the net you wouldnt have to leave your home, you could food shoop, clothes shop, and everything online! LIke your own little universe.

but u could also blow up after sitting in 4 corners after 1 month!! u will not stand it anymore.. u can but u will blow up shortly after right?
kioni On October 27, 2006

Somewhere in, Colorado
#29New Post! Sep 11, 2006 @ 19:38:03
My life is getting that way. I used to never spend time on the computer. I would wake up in the morning and read the news online and check my email and now that I have found this place I am spending more time on here. 8)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs