what is goth?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
rafael On September 10, 2008

Heaven, Mauritius
#31New Post! Dec 28, 2006 @ 06:09:00
I don't know but that's what wikipedia says :

The goth subculture is a contemporary subculture prevalent in many countries. It began in the United Kingdom during the late 1970s to early 1980s in the gothic rock scene, an offshoot of the post-punk genre. The goth subculture has survived much longer than others of the same era. Its imagery and cultural proclivities indicate influences from nineteenth century Gothic literature, mainly through horror movies.

The goth subculture has associated gothic tastes in music and fashion. Gothic music encompasses a number of different styles. Common to all is a tendency towards a ?dark? sound and outlook. Styles of dress within the subculture range from death rock, punk, androgynous, some Renaissance and Victorian style clothes, or combinations of the above, most often with black attire, makeup and hair.

lloydchristmas On December 08, 2009

, Iran
#32New Post! Jan 08, 2007 @ 13:09:34
The music and the fashion are all a matter of taste but to be fair a lot of no hopers choose to dress like t***s just to fit in, posh brown nosed pillocks who don't do anything but schoolwork and who don't drink or do illegal substances choose to be goths just to fit in I've seen, These are the people who listen to good charlotte, a good looking goth woman is nicer than a good lookin woman who dresses like a bimbo in my humble opinion.
tinkerbell_soapsud On May 03, 2007

Auckland, New Zealand
#33New Post! Mar 28, 2007 @ 05:12:23
im pretty sure actual goth culture isnt how most people think of it. i know an elitist who believes of course that he is one of the only true goths in Auckland. He wears clothes themed in 18th century style and wears his hair in a similar sense. The word "Goth" comes from the term "Gothic" used to descibe a dark architectural style in the 18th century. Most 18th century style goths listen to music from that time period also. This guy is a complete d***head so i dont associate with him much but the whole stereotype of wearing all black, corsets, big boots, marilyn manson, etc, as correct as it is in the way people view goths today are not actually considered to be goths at all.
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Jan 16, 2008 @ 10:50:58
@sean3h Said
This is a goth.

panda yay i am a goth and DS i am nothing what you said.
@squirt_aka_casey Said
Goths acually are a group of vikings. They, of course, do not exsist anymore. There is a book written about the development of Goths, and it goes over it all from the vikings to todays subculture! It's really good, and funny too!

https://www.projekt.com/product.asp?dept_id=&sku=WIG33222

no they are not try looking on wikipedia.org under goth sub culture it gives more details and more accurate information about the subculture
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs