Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
jck200 On April 22, 2009

cardiff, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Feb 19, 2009 @ 16:56:54
Sparkly,

I do not consider anyone stupid.

I did wonder how you thought a singularity appearing from nothing at all got the energy from if you thought it probable.

That is treating you as an adult with reasoning powers to enable you to come up with a reasonable answer to my question.

If asking a reasonable question is seen by you to indicate that you are stupid that is definitely not my take on it.

john
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:36:03
@jck200 Said

Sparkly,

I do not consider anyone stupid.

I did wonder how you thought a singularity appearing from nothing at all got the energy from if you thought it probable.

That is treating you as an adult with reasoning powers to enable you to come up with a reasonable answer to my question.

If asking a reasonable question is seen by you to indicate that you are stupid that is definitely not my take on it.

john

I was simply throwing ideas around as to what could be possible. No one understands completely what happens with the smallest particles (we know about).
I never said, or would attempt to be able to explain the science/equations of that 'possibility', like I said I don't have the understanding of physics to do so. All I'm saying is that our universe could be a 'spark' in a larger universe we cannot see or even understand. Maybe there doesn't need to be an explaination as to where the first/biggest universe came from (or energy from nothing), maybe it's a infinate loop
jck200 On April 22, 2009

cardiff, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Feb 19, 2009 @ 17:52:27
Sparkly,

That is all I am saying.

Everyone has a valid opinion as to whether something like the universe can come from nothing at all with no explanation for such a thing.

From every fraction of reality we can detect directly there has to be a previous and a spark from somehwere before big bang is a valid answer.

I think you do not give yourself enough credit.

I am adamant that the energy for the universe existed in some form before the big bang singularity, Einstein has only energy or mass and I agree with him. it is also accepted that energy cannot be created and the conservation of energy also follows that this energy in this universe existed before the universe came into existance.

That to me is the most logical conclusion to come to and something from nothing at all has no foundation in reality.

I am not saying much more than from all known facts this must be the case.

john
johnzdoe On October 11, 2018

New York, Russia
#49New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 19:12:08
Sound goes at a roughly constant speed despite the velocity of the source.
But a moving person will measure the sound + or - his own speed.

Light is the same.
It goes at a set speed from any source. This is apparently clear.

But where Relativity gets it wrong, is in thinking that a moving observer will still measure it at that same speed despite his own velocity.

That is the first error of relativity.

There is no experiment that proves otherwise. Its also irrational to think that light could go the same for any observer.

Interferometer experiments or colliders are not able to prove this aspect of light speed. Nor are astronomical observations.

At best, they could offer a possible supporting evidence, along with a number of alternative possible interpretations, each which supports a different hypothesis, depending on your prior schema, beliefs, and assumptions.

New York, Russia
#50New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 19:28:40
@jck200 Said

jonny,

Let us reflect on your last post shall we>

You say i do not know where the energy for the big bang singularity came from...I DO...it existed before the big bang and that is in line with Einstein saying you cannot create energy out of nothing at all.

You say you know exactly how spacetime vectors can centralise within a mass when the atoms in that mass are constantly changing dramatically...explain then how the vectors can centralise.

You say where is the black hole singularity falling, I am telling you it has only empty space to stop it falling out of the bottom of the black hole. As you should know the theory has objects falling in spacetime so it is amazing you ask what I mean by falling don`t you think?

You say I am being silly when I say you believe in invisble dark energy and invisble dark matter...so it is not invisble then we can actually directly see it now?

As far as the cow manure quip is concerned that does not even merit much apart from the stuff you swallow may account for it.

john

Jck200, these guys will never give you any concrete statements or answers to your questions.
Because they are taught in University NOT to think for themselves. Their whole life has been directed to accepting the claims of authority, and to reject anything that runs counter to authority.

Logic, reason and sense have nothing to do with science if it leads to ideas that are contrary to the mainstream.

All they can do is claim that you don't have enough education to understand their high minds. Which they are unable to reveal.
And E=mc2 actually means that matter, mass whatever, can be converted into energy, and that energy must also be able to be converted into matter.

They will deny this, even though Einstein himself said as much.
Because no one has been able to produce any matter from just energy.

Einstein "borrowed" a lot of his work from others, so maybe he also "borrowed" a lot of his great sayings. These sayings seem a bit to above Einsteins ability to create. Maybe in between appropriating his wifes work, and beating her, then having affairs and dumping his child, he had time to think up wise words of a great humanitarian. But as he was a Zionist, I doubt the had much concern for anyone outside his master race.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#51New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 19:45:11
@johnzdoe Said

Sound goes at a roughly constant speed despite the velocity of the source.
But a moving person will measure the sound + or - his own speed.

Light is the same.
It goes at a set speed from any source. This is apparently clear.

But where Relativity gets it wrong, is in thinking that a moving observer will still measure it at that same speed despite his own velocity.

That is the first error of relativity.

There is no experiment that proves otherwise. Its also irrational to think that light could go the same for any observer.

Interferometer experiments or colliders are not able to prove this aspect of light speed. Nor are astronomical observations.

At best, they could offer a possible supporting evidence, along with a number of alternative possible interpretations, each which supports a different hypothesis, depending on your prior schema, beliefs, and assumptions.

What no plug for your wondrous video?

New York, Russia
#52New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 20:04:31
@chaski Said

What no plug for your wondrous video?

Sod off Chaski, everyone can see that there is never any content behind your quips.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#53New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 20:05:34
@johnzdoe Said

Sod off Chaski, everyone can see that there is never any content behind your quips.

So you're not going to plug your video?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#54New Post! Sep 28, 2018 @ 21:56:44
@johnzdoe Said
one error of logical argument says that just because a person is wrong in one respect, does not mean that other claims of the same person are also incorrect.

Another erroneous argument is that if one experiment fails to prove a theory, the whole theory is bunk.

... DO YOU GET IT YET?

New York, Russia
#55New Post! Oct 05, 2018 @ 21:49:29
@mrmhead Said

Another erroneous argument is that if one experiment fails to prove a theory, the whole theory is bunk.

... DO YOU GET IT YET?

the better form of that statement would be, "you cant prove a theory is correct by experiment, but you can prove a theory wrong by experiment, and that only requires one example."

With Einstein's relativity, there is no ambiguous, empirical evidence to support relativity, its all just conjecture and assumptions.

But there are many, many experiments that show that the concept is irrational, self contradicting mumbo jumbo.

Every example you dredge up that is supposed to prove relativity, falls under the category of a "Gnat Fart" result. And every experiment you have will also have a number of viable alternative explanations.

However, the paradoxes and non nonsensical thought experiments that relativity is based on, remain as ample evidence that the whole theory is just some form of mystical Kabbalistic religious dogma. There is no science in there anywhere.
One is expected to accept it by faith alone, despite the facts that show that its just garbage.

NE, Ohio
#56New Post! Oct 05, 2018 @ 22:40:36
@johnzdoe Said
but you can prove a theory wrong by experiment, and that only requires one example."

But that's not what you are trying to do.

NE, Ohio
#57New Post! Oct 06, 2018 @ 00:34:17
@johnzdoe Said

the better form of that statement would be, "you cant prove a theory is correct by experiment, but you can prove a theory wrong by experiment, and that only requires one example."

With Einstein's relativity, there is no ambiguous, empirical evidence to support relativity, its all just conjecture and assumptions.

But there are many, many experiments that show that the concept is irrational, self contradicting mumbo jumbo.

Every example you dredge up that is supposed to prove relativity, falls under the category of a "Gnat Fart" result. And every experiment you have will also have a number of viable alternative explanations.

However, the paradoxes and non nonsensical thought experiments that relativity is based on, remain as ample evidence that the whole theory is just some form of mystical Kabbalistic religious dogma. There is no science in there anywhere.
One is expected to accept it by faith alone, despite the facts that show that its just garbage.

I am comfortable in knowing that we - as mankind - will never know the "absolute truth".
But I am happy to know we've gotten past Flat Earth and Earth centered universe.

That gives me hope that someday someone will be able to explain details of entanglement ... which will only create more questions.

We will never know it all, but what more we do know will help us use that knowledge to advance.

But if all we do is sit around and say No That CANT Be, That's wrong, You're Stupid without presenting alternative solutions, we'd still be avoiding the ocean for fear of falling off.

New York, Russia
#58New Post! Oct 06, 2018 @ 05:58:29
@mrmhead Said

I am comfortable in knowing that we - as mankind - will never know the "absolute truth".
But I am happy to know we've gotten past Flat Earth and Earth centered universe.

That gives me hope that someday someone will be able to explain details of entanglement ... which will only create more questions.

We will never know it all, but what more we do know will help us use that knowledge to advance.

But if all we do is sit around and say No That CANT Be, That's wrong, You're Stupid without presenting alternative solutions, we'd still be avoiding the ocean for fear of falling off.

Thats a simplistic viewpoint.
There is no value and a lot of harm that can and does come from accepting half baked theories simply because we have no better ones.
And it not my intention to develop or offer alternative theories.

I'm happy to just say that we don't know.,but sometime we may.

There remains no good reason why anyone should agree with Einstein, as the theories are anything but sound.

NE, Ohio
#59New Post! Oct 06, 2018 @ 13:39:52
@johnzdoe Said

Thats a simplistic viewpoint.
There is no value and a lot of harm that can and does come from accepting half baked theories simply because we have no better ones.
And it not my intention to develop or offer alternative theories.

I'm happy to just say that we don't know.,but sometime we may.

There remains no good reason why anyone should agree with Einstein, as the theories are anything but sound.

Those "Harmful" and "Simplistic" viewpoints have given us world travel, got us to the moon (or do you have a video debunking that?) and robots on mars, and it gave you the ability to smear all your misinformed blatherings across the world! ... well, OK, there's one harmful aspect.

New York, Russia
#60New Post! Oct 06, 2018 @ 22:18:52
@mrmhead Said

Those "Harmful" and "Simplistic" viewpoints have given us world travel, got us to the moon (or do you have a video debunking that?) and robots on mars, and it gave you the ability to smear all your misinformed blatherings across the world! ... well, OK, there's one harmful aspect.

Actually real physics achieved all those things, DESPITE Einsteins crap being inserted into the textbooks.

No one uses relativity to design or use rockets design planes or atomic clocks.

None of the technology we actually use today is a result of Relativity theory.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs