Sports

England Vs Pakistan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Dee On May 21, 2011

Chesham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2006 @ 20:10:52
Anyone see it today?

Was the ball tampered with? Should they have carried on playing? Did the umpires do the right thing by stopping play, or should they have thought about the morals and let the Pakistan team have a moan and put it behind them and then carry on?

Me? I don't know. I understand both sides of the argument.

1) The umpires were only following rules/laws and refusal of play means the other team wins...easy.

2) The Pakistan team believe they were inaccuratley accused of cheating. They wanted a statement so were waiting til they had it before they played.

Cricket's meant to be a "gentleman's game" so some may belive that just giving the Pakistan team the beneift of the doubt would have been the right thing to do. Waiting for them to prove their point and then carry on play. Did the umpires need to remove the bails?

Discuss.
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#2New Post! Aug 23, 2006 @ 05:07:31
I don't think they liked the idea of the ball being removed and England getting to pick a new one. Its bought the game into disrespute, but I reckon they should be having a go at the bowlers that were bowling at that stage... not the captain inzamam.

Now its being blown out of proportion... and its really hard to be fair
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 23, 2006 @ 05:12:40
pakistan should have continued to play i know the decision really bugged them but its like a football team refusing to play on because a referee awards a dodgy penalty against them.
thebear On July 12, 2011

, Singapore
#4New Post! Aug 23, 2006 @ 05:28:01
we get stuff all coverage of the cricket here in singapore.. and i've not had the pleasure of meeting another singaporean who understands the game

but what is the history of the pakistani game?

when i lived in melbourne for a while, my friends said that the Pakistanis have a bad rep and tampered with the ball a lot.. from Brylcreem to bottle-caps (used after drinks) was used on the ball...

btw, i hate it when people cry "discrimination" whenever something is ruled against them... just like what the Pakistanis are doing now..
free2btogether On September 20, 2006

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 19, 2006 @ 14:30:09
i wasn't watching and didn't keep to in touch with all the news but i do respect the pakistani players for standing up for themselves cos i like alot of people did just assume they had been tampering with the ball but the more they stood their ground i began to realise how i'd jumped to conclusions based on what used to go on with the indian and pakistani teams in the past - so i'm pleased they called it all into question x
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs