Random

MySpace Bulletins

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#1New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 10:54:29
People really don't pay attention to the bulletins on MySpace. One's been going around recently about some Matt Dawson guy. I've seen almost everyone repost it. I never repost bulletins because most of them (if not all) are fake and/or stupid. Well, I decided actually repost this bulletin, albeit a little strangely . . .

What I posted:

If you don't believe it, call the number. Everyone needs to take the time and read this. Just take a break from all your other stupid bulletins about who is gonna die or if your love life will suck for 7 years and be serious and do the right thing. Repost this or you have no soul seriously. A kid needs our help so do the right thing.
Hi, my name is Matt Dawson. I am 23 years old, and I have a large tumor on my brain and severe lung cancer. The doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills. "The Make A Wish Foundation" has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is reposted. For those of you who repost, I thank you so much. But for those who don't repost it, I will still pray for you. Please, if you are a kind person, have a heart. Please, please, PLEASE REPOST THIS MESSAGE AS "READ PLEASE"!

Matt Dawson
615-867-5309 Home

Please feel free to call me for anything.

*hey it wont cost you but 10 seconds of your time

------------------------------------------------------------

615-867-5309

Anyone know this number?

Minus the area code, it's the name of a song by Tommy Tutone. We all know the song, about a girl named Jenny. The chorus repeats the number a thousand times.

Why does this matter? Well, if you can piece two and two together, you'll see that Matt Dawson's phone number is the same as Jenny's. Coincidence? HELL NO!!!

I changed the number, and no one seemed to notice. Moreover, I've gotten a couple of friends to copy the bulletin, not realizing that the number is fake. I believe I've gotten three so far to post it, without me saying anything at all.

This is insanely funny to me. Even if Matt Dawson is real or whatever, no one thought to question the number posted. I doubt anyone will call the number, so there's a chance that this will spread for a long time, perhaps becoming a solid MySpace bulletin . . . with my fake number. Thank you Tommy Tutone.

Satan wins again!
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#2New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:00:59
I got it
I got it
I got your number off the wall

Jenny don't change your number, I've got to make you mine....... ha ha ha

you know that it is a real number, and Jenny is a real person right? This song was the reason why in all forms of entertainment they have to make the number 555-1234..... ha ha ha!
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:02:07
I loathe anything of this sort and the people who believe it are morons.
If this was real, it wouldn't say, 'you have no soul if you don't respond/repost/whatever'. That's not the way to get people involved.
It's like the person in the street with the clipboard asking, "would you like to help suffering animals?" Of course I would, I'd like to help all charities, but I can't. It's as if they're asking you if you're a good person or a bad person.

There's a bunch of forwards going around at work about scams and how we should all be careful.
The idiot in my office started her forward with, 'this came from my sister's financial administrator at Mencap, so it MUST be true!' The fool.

I mostly find that people on Myspace post 'bulletins' that are useless tidbits about their life and bump off those bulletins from people who are trying to get something productive done.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#4New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:03:33
@shug Said
I loathe anything of this sort and the people who believe it are morons.
If this was real, it wouldn't say, 'you have no soul if you don't respond/repost/whatever'. That's not the way to get people involved.

There's a bunch of forwards going around at work about scams and how we should all be careful.
The idiot in my office started her forward with, 'this came from my sister's financial administrator at Mencap, so it MUST be true!' The fool.

I mostly find that people on Myspace post 'bulletins' that are useless tidbits about their life and bump off those bulletins from people who are trying to get something productive done.

I concur.

Most of the stuff is absolutely made up, pulled out of someone's ass, and even if the stuff was real, it wouldn't help anybody out.
Shug On March 17, 2011

#5New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:05:19
The same with chain mail. How can anybody be suspicious about something that some bored loser made up from their bedroom?

"I'm not superstitious, but I'll post this just in case..." Well then you ARE f***ing superstitious!
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:06:39
I don't understand how ppl think that anybody can accually trace that..... Or that Make a Wish could afford it.... it just not how Make a Wish works....... shows ya how stupid ppl are!
Shug On March 17, 2011

#7New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:08:28
The internet is a playground for idiots!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:09:46
Acording to an e-mail i got yesterday, i was supposed to die ten minutes ago, becouse i didnt send it to my contacts.
Shug On March 17, 2011

#9New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:11:15
@jmo Said
Acording to an e-mail i got yesterday, i was supposed to die ten minutes ago, becouse i didnt send it to my contacts.
Rest in peace. The lord holds thee now.
(TFS is haunted...)
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#10New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 11:12:37
@jmo Said

No..... I...... loved...... him!!!!

nerophoira On October 01, 2007

my castle of dreams, United Ki
#11New Post! Aug 19, 2006 @ 12:18:37
grrrrrrr Makes me mad
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs