The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: The Forum Site:
Frequently Asked Questions

When to Journal and when to start a thread?

AuthorMessage
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 15:33:28
OK just to clarify one thing. Although this is not a "set in stone" rule and is entirely up to the discretion of the user here is a short guide for you.

If you are posting about something in your life, relating only to you then its a Journal.

If you are writing your thoughts in general about your life then its a Journal.

If you are announcing something about yourself or an upcoming event then its a Journal.

Also please note that someones Journal is thier personal space.

If you want to talk about an issue and would like to hear other people's opinions on this, then its a thread.

Think about what you want to write, how many people are likely to respond to this? Is it something that may be relevant later on, something you may want feedback on at a later date?

If you are making a bold statement and expect a lot of feedback then please do make a thread.

If you are just posting your thoughts without much expectation of feedback then use a Journal.

Like i say there is no real "rules" when it comes to this. We are able to move threads into Journal format if we feel it is more suitable.

Just incase any of you were wondering why your threads may have suddenly appeared as a Journal. Of course if this is not agreeable to you then please PM your online Moderator
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 20:24:14
Hi,

I know it has been a few years, but I thought I would bump this.

Benefits for making something a journal: it gets listed in the journal tab on the front page and doesn't get lost in the pit that is random.
AND you have a little more control, so you can delete irrelevant or annoying posts yourself.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)