Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#31New Post! Jun 22, 2006 @ 04:42:13
Nothing prevents people from doing crime if that's what they want to do. What the death penalty does, is stops them from repeating the serious offence.
iluvitar On June 05, 2013

akron, Ohio
#32New Post! Jun 22, 2006 @ 04:46:57
the people are what establish their own government..we basically say..make our decisions for us...so whatever decisions they make we should be happy with or we should over throw them...so all who are against capital punishment shut up..or over throw your govt
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#33New Post! Jun 22, 2006 @ 04:49:10
@shadowed_soul Said
As has been already mentioned one reason why criminals aren?t being dealt with to the full extent of the law is because of over crowding. If we bring back capital punishment for repeat offenders and those whose guilt can be proven beyond all shadow of a doubt, we will decrease the number of people in prison who have been told that they will never get out and therefore have more room to prosecute people properly.

Money saved on capital punishment could be used to build bigger/more prisons.

The amount of time it takes for capital cases is ridiculously long. While they're waiting for the case to end they're sitting in prison anyway. That's why it's so expensive. Background information needs to be checked, things need to be heavily investigated, lawyers need to be paid for hundreds of hours of work, there are trials and retrials, appeals (I think the first appeal is required in all cases? I don't know much about that).

Keep in mind that family members of the victim(s) and the offender are all being put through this too.

It seems like *most* people who support capital punishment do so for revenge. Revenge won't solve anything. Family members/friends of the victim(s) will be upset and angry whether the offender is alive or dead.

I gotta stop myself before I get too involved in this
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#36New Post! Jun 27, 2006 @ 09:02:17
@cobber Said
Nothing prevents people from doing crime if that's what they want to do. What the death penalty does, is stops them from repeating the serious offence.

Taking that logic then putting them in prison for life would be equally as effective in preventing repeat offences.

I also think that prisoners should have to work while in prison to help defer the cost of their imprisonment.
newwealth On November 28, 2006

Little Rock, Arkansas
#37New Post! Jul 09, 2006 @ 00:11:16
Punishment should fit the crime. If you take a life, you should forfeit your own life. The victims of these crimes did not deserve their fates. It is the responsibility of each and every one of us to make our world safer for all.
poetnevermore On May 11, 2007

Belmont, Michigan
#38New Post! Jul 09, 2006 @ 00:15:54
I'm on the bench with this one. Kill because of taxes, but then again, don't kill because of the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" (or something like that).
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#39New Post! Jul 09, 2006 @ 00:19:06
Killing does not deminish the pain of the criminals offence. I should know. I think that the system should be strict and firm without change. I think too many get out on different reasons (good behavior or crowding) only to hurt/kill again.

THAT IS MESSED UP!!!

If they are in for life, they should remain there till their natural death. Give them time to realize their mistakes.
marshalljackson On May 05, 2007

Wellington, New Zealand
#40New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 04:39:51
Killing people is just plan silly, what does it achieve? I hate kiddie f***ers as much as the next person, and I want that f***er to suffer - not to lay down and die peacefully by injection. He (or she) should be put in prison and be made someones b**** for the rest of their life.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#41New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 04:41:39
@marshalljackson Said
Killing people is just plan silly, what does it achieve? I hate kiddie f***ers as much as the next person, and I want that f***er to suffer - not to lay down and die peacefully by injection. He (or she) should be put in prison and be made someones b**** for the rest of their life.

Putting them in prison without protection amongst the general prison community will generally make execution unnecessary.
scotticuserroticus On March 19, 2015

Paisley, sorry., United Kingdo
#43New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 12:46:33
Completely against.

Backdated, wrong, immoral and completely useless. It does not work as a deterent, and simply over punises criminals. People will still commit crimes. Capital punishment is not a good idea for paedophiles or rapists either: they quite clearly have something wrong with them. You wouldn't hurt a sick person would you?

Capital punishment is based on ignorance. There is no substance or truth behind it.
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 14:11:38
E.G. you are executing someone because they murdured someone, whats the difference......
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs