The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

At what point does a fetus become human life?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
taintedblue_i On August 12, 2008

--------, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jun 19, 2006 @ 08:11:51
@becki7 Said
I'd have to say that the child isn't a child until its born and i am I totally agree with for abortion for all sorts of reasons and its your body so what you do with your body is your business no one elses. 8)

At the point of PGD, it isn't even in your body yet!!
Okay, maybe I need to explain PGD.
It's Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis. IT is when the embryoes the couple have produced using In-Vitro Fertilization are screened for genetic diseases. The healthy one is implanted into the woman's uterus and the others are destroyed. Some people have said that this is unethical because the embryoes that aren't used are destroyed, anf they believe this to be murder, but when it hasn't even been nurtured in the womb, is it really a human yet? That's what I want to know.
megan2343 On July 04, 2006

Bunbury, Australia
#17New Post! Jul 01, 2006 @ 06:14:32
Yay! Only dumbf***s kill their offspring hahaha Huh using fear as a justification? i bet ya did huh. It's probably not your fault right? yea its never yer fault huh well who are you and believe me it is your problem so f***in die goodbye
i bet you did and it will never be me
yes this makes me against you
pain is fear is love is real you cant believe it but im still so proud of you piece of s***. f*** your father
(hahahahahahhahahaha laughing at idiots)
cmon hit me back with all the trash you got for me
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 01, 2006 @ 09:19:50
@megan2343 Said
Yay! Only dumbf***s kill their offspring hahaha Huh using fear as a justification? i bet ya did huh. It's probably not your fault right? yea its never yer fault huh well who are you and believe me it is your problem so f***in die goodbye
i bet you did and it will never be me
yes this makes me against you
pain is fear is love is real you cant believe it but im still so proud of you piece of s***. f*** your father
(hahahahahahhahahaha laughing at idiots)
cmon hit me back with all the trash you got for me

You post a lot of dumb s***!

--------, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jul 02, 2006 @ 18:45:40
At the point of PGD, may I point out, the embryo only has six to eight cells and they are just bundled together, not differentiated into tissues or organs.- it has no brain, no heart, no spine
kissedbylove On September 20, 2010

lazo, Canada
#20New Post! Jul 02, 2006 @ 21:03:32
Personally i think that as soon as it starts to grow.
Alot of people would say different. But as soon as it starts to grow then a new person is being produced. Thus a new life.

--------, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jul 05, 2006 @ 08:32:02
That's pretty good reasoning
myvoice On April 05, 2021

, Canada
#22New Post! Oct 21, 2006 @ 17:35:44
Such a touchy topic...which is why abortion is such a controversy. When a fetus is deemed viable and could survive outside the womb, wouldn't that make more sense for it to be considered "human"? But who am I to say? Everyone has their own belief on this topic and who can say who's right or wrong?? I think that's why it should be left up to each woman on an individual basis.

It's sad that ppl are so opinionated and judgemental b/c until you walk the path and are faced with the choices, you really DON'T know what you'd do. You'd probably be surprised at how many ppl say I could never or I would never have an abortion, and then be faced with circumstances they weren't prepared for. Not everyone who chooses abortion decide it with a carefree attitude and use it as a way out of responsibility.

You are absolutely allowed to have your own views and opinions and choices on the matter, but you aren't allowed to dictate that for anyone else other than yourself. How would you like to be told you HAVE to go thru with an abortion if you didn't want to? It's the same if you're told you HAVE to follow thru with a pregnancy you don't want. It works both ways.

The development of a fetus takes a total of 9 months from conception? Why is that? B/C it takes that long to form itself into a human being capable of living and breathing outside the womb. During pregnancy at approx. 24-26 weeks a fetus is deemed viable. B/C there is more chance it can survive outside the womb this early with medical assistance. Meaning if a woman loses the fetus before this time it is considered a miscarriage but if that happens after this time you have to register the birth AND death. Something I learned from a pregnancy book given to me when I was pg. for my firstborn.
strbrries On January 06, 2007

Tracy, California
#23New Post! Oct 26, 2006 @ 00:53:25

Well being as I am pregnant right now this is an interesting topic for me. When is a fetus a viable human for me it starts at the week that I am now 16. For many different reasons, at this point in pregnancy a fetus is almost completely proportional and more importantly for me the fetus can now feel pain. Aborted at this stage the unborn would literally feel itself torn apart when they suction them out. So for me this is the week when it becomes a small human
sono_hito On November 09, 2007

Provo, Utah
#24New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 07:54:57
if your just going off viability of a fetus to survive, the time that we can save the child with technology has been pushing back this date further and further. very soon that date will cooincide with conception. (within this or the next generation i estimate) the main question that this entire issue will come to VERY soon is not whether or not a mother has the ethical right to terminate their own offspring, but who it is that can make that decision and on what criteria. as a father, would i have any say in it? why? does the government have the right to make sure that a human being has the right to live if technology is able to permit it, and then who has the responsibility to raise said child? these are questions that we will have to face very soon. that who will have the choice in whether or noty our offspring are allowed to live when a womans body is taken out of the equation.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 08:09:14
This is quite an interesting topic, and at the moment we are covering this in our ethics class at school. I think that once the foetus is born it is classified as a human life. I think this because then they are able to,in most cases, sustain life without having to rely completely on the mother. However, some Muslims believe that life begins once the foetus has been conceived, at ensoulment. Ensoulment is when their God Allah gives them a soul and so to abort at any time would be going against their God as he gave the foetus it's soul.
angeldelight On December 23, 2006

newcastle upon tyne, United Ki
#26New Post! Nov 04, 2006 @ 23:08:47
@treebee Said

Legal limit of abortion is just a day under 24 weeks. OK that is ver half way through the pregnancy and personally i dont agree with it unless the child has no chance of survival outside the womb. I mean like a massive hole in the heart and the lungs being on the outside and one eye and half the brain missing and s***.

In my opinion 16 weeks is when it stops being cells and starts to be human.

Until the child is born it is not a person.

what are you wittling on about woman..
at 16 week gestation you baby to be is not a ball of cells

this pic is a 16 wek fetus 18 weeks pregnant..this is very human like.maybe i should post some pics on varying stages of growth so you know exactly what your dealing with here..im not against abortion..but im pretty convinced many peeps dont know much about pregnancy development
legends On December 21, 2006

West Des Moines,
#27New Post! Dec 19, 2006 @ 04:34:42
I believe a human is made when sperm meets egg and creates a zygote. As this zygote does have a unique set of genes and 46 chromosomes to make it a human being. Its a human being in an immature state but a human being nonetheless.
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Dec 19, 2006 @ 04:45:20
its when the person whose pregnant 'feels' that its a new human life. for some thats when they know they are pregnant for some at birth and all points inbetween.
jm1141 On December 22, 2006

Mission,
#29New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 00:54:18
now in my opinion, many people condem abortion as killing someone simply because they consider that burdon to be a living thing...the whole human race are hipocrits because everyone kills some living thing sometime in its lifetime such as a fly, animal, or even fetus. The real question that should be posed is whether this living thing has a soul or not...my opinion...one has a soul with acknowledgment of its own life, cogito ergo sum, i think therefore i am...hence a fetus (without the formation of a brain, usually under 8 weeks of conception) has no awareness of its own consciousness...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs