Parents who teach children poor values

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 02:29:35
I got this idea for a thread from the post by unseenlove as seen below.

@unseenlove Said
My mother is encouraging me to do it now.

Its gross, and I hate it.

My dad is a lot more reasonable though - supporting the fact that I talk to my boyfriend about it and that we have decided to hold off.

Growing up, I was grew being taught that it is a man's responsibility to have sex with other women to gain experience before getting a girlfriend. You get these sexual experiences by picking up the sluts in pubs and so on. Girls who you would not have anything to do with, let alone marry.

I was also raised on the words by my mother, the same person who tells me that I am going to hell for being a pagan and not holding good clean christian moral values, that you aren't a man until you have sex.

I had this all around me really. Yep, for good reason I felt like I was in with the wrong family...the black sheep in many ways...morally, politically and religiously/spiritually. I've always preffered what felt like the correct way of living.

So, I am curious just how many kids are being raised this way? Certainly not the best way to raise your children.
kerrigwen On May 13, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#2New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 02:35:27
What an awkward time it musta been for you.

I dont agree with my parents' views on what I should do with my future, my education, or my political/social views (am WAY more liberal than they are) but as far as sexuality is concerned, my mother's always been there to talk to. She was there to explain all the things between the lines that the booklets we got in Sex Ed didnt bother to go into. And she's instilled in all of us a sort of...patience? Not sure what to call it. We all of us understand what lust and passion and desire are, and that it's different than love. She's taught us (very fiercely!) not to settle for anything less than what we deserve, and that we're worth more than trash.

I think a lot of what she's passed on to us is based on what she considers her own mistakes; she's always telling us not to look at her as an example.

But she's so wicked awesome, we do anyway. If I could only be half of what she is...
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#3New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 02:43:36
Yes, very true.

How awkward it was but for more than that. A lot more s*** went on and even though what happened was very wrong, I have to admit that it made me a tougher person. Sometimes maybe too tough as I ponder what some people are complaining about.

This something I wanted to post because of the wrong values being taught. Hell, I have lost count the amount of times I have seen parents openly teaching their kids that it is right to steal, lie, beat up on others etc.
kerrigwen On May 13, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 02:47:20
@cobber Said
Yes, very true.

How awkward it was but for more than that. A lot more s*** went on and even though what happened was very wrong, I have to admit that it made me a tougher person. Sometimes maybe too tough as I ponder what some people are complaining about.

Same. Am almost thankful for the tough times when I think if not for them, I might have turned out like the pissy whiners I see everywhere.

If I'm even remotely jaded, all the blame goes to my insane father. Cant be arsed to cuss him out atm...god knows there are people out there that have to live with worse.

I never know how to help people that live with abusive parents/caregivers...there's no solution that I can ever see or come up with.
babygirltigers On June 19, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 03:01:44
look at how my mum raised me she slept with my boyfriend and caused so many
dramas she has big problems thats teaching a young child good values in life
isint it she abused me when i was young and then made me out to be at fault
and she dosent know me any more because of what she had done to me she
never deserved kids espically me because i am a v forgiving person and could of
dobbed her into docks and she would of gone to jail for what she did to me i
had to raise my self and learn everthing by my self and now i have no body and
just me and my daughter and jesus and god in my life and im happy
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#6New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 04:07:10
WOW!!!! Well I cant say my life was all bad, sure we had some pretty F-ed up things happen to us.

Single mom
Dad never saw us
Daycare every day till I was 12
Sexual abuse before I was even in school
Parents growing and selling weed
Alchoholics

I will tell you one thing, its not who raises you, its the choices you make for yourself.
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#7New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 04:58:23
i agree with sweet, i had an abusive father and a mother who was more worried about her image then her kids, but some of the things they did werent half bad.

i mean they didnt let me go anywhere unless i told them where i was going, and they had to meet everyone. but aside from that they made me realise what i dont want in a family.

there was constant yelling tell the day my dad moved out, and they were always fighting about me, i felt like the mistake of the family because i was born before they were married and crap.

i dont know i really dont remember most of my childhood because i have blocked most of it out so now it causes me to have a bad memory

hopefully someday i will be completly over what happen when i was younger, sometimes i wonder what it is that i blocked out but then i think there must be a damn good reason its gone.
cheeky_chikita On July 09, 2007

, Holy See (Vatican City)
#8New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 06:20:48
I'm very blessed to have wonderful parents, who had always guided me throughout my life. However, I didn't realize until later in high school that my mother had been domineering me throughout my life. Her intentions were always good; but she refused to understand that I wanted to learn things for myself, and be mentally and emotionally independent. I never received a lot of support and encouragement from her, after I made certain decisions for myself. It was either her way or the high way, basically.

She's a great parent, nonetheless. It just really ticks me off when she controls your life, and tries to lead you to your destiny But, she knows that she doesn't have the power to that to me anymore, coz I do what I want
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs