Politics

BBC get new Pictures

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:36:30
The BBC have just announced that they have received horrific pictures of a family of 11 that were put into one room of their home before being slaughtered by US troops.

Those guys sure know how to win the Hearts and MInds battle in Iraq.

Are the military THAT stupid that they don't realise that these actions are the best recruiting sargent any "terrorist" organisation could possibly hope for.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:38:57
Typical abuse of power that is indicative of the US Military
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:41:21
This whole thing just makes me sick , I'll not go on to express my feelings on the whole topic because it could get ugly, I will say however that I've had two brothers fight in Irag and they are both home at the moment , one of them without the two legs he carried over with him.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:43:14
You cannot equate "the military" with the actions of a very small group of, well, criminals.

Obviously this action is something that was carried out as an act of revenge by a few low-ranking guys, not something that is part of any official action or policy.

I don't think any armed force occupying a foreign land has ever been free of this type of criminal behavior.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#5New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:52:50
But the reason for those boys to have been sent to Iraq in the first place is another discussion that I don't want to get into again.

What those pictures are alledged to show is troops that are poorly controlled, or trained.

Their actions will have the direct effect of many more young American soldiers coming home severly injured or in body bags.

The actions in Iraq are creating more world terrorism rather than fighting it.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:53:25
@jonnythan Said
You cannot equate "the military" with the actions of a very small group of, well, criminals.

Obviously this action is something that was carried out as an act of revenge by a few low-ranking guys, not something that is part of any official action or policy.

I don't think any armed force occupying a foreign land has ever been free of this type of criminal behavior.
How do you know this didn't come from higher up? it stinks, and not just this instance, there have been other instances where the power has been abused, surely there aren't all a small band of criminals, and if so then the US Military should weed out the obvious criminal element within it's ranks before it goes off to war
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:57:24
Your last statement is pure conjecture. It occurs to me that there have been no large acts of terrorism on the United States in going on 5 years now, which is entirely decent. Better than we were doing before 9/11 IIRC.

Disregarding any reason for invading Iraq, the presence of the US there currently is an absolute necessity, I'm afraid. The Iraqi police and armed forces are simply not up to the task of keeping the peace within their own borders. US withdrawl would basically lead to civil war in Iraq.

In any case, I think it is an absolute certainty that you will have incidents like this, where a small number of low-ranking soldiers occasionally decide to take matters into their own hands and commit grossly criminal acts, in absolutely every case where a foreign power occupies a marginally-hostile land. I would be quite surprised if at any point in human history there were no illegal murders committed by low-ranking soldiers occupying a foreign, semi-hostile land. TV and the Internet simply make it a bigger deal than it ever was before.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:58:27
It's not exactly easy to "weed out" the criminal elements in advance. If it were that easy to do, we'd be doing it society already, and living in a utopian society. Given the fact that your average grunt is probably border line psychotic just to be in the bloody job, I think this is always going to be happening. Typically speaking, well mannered, polite, non-aggressive people have little interest in a career in crawling through crap and shooting people.

I do not believe that high ranking people would give an order to torture an innocent family. Not because I think they have a strict moral compass, but more because I don't think they give a damn!

When it comes to how this is dealt with is where I will judge the powers that be. I want to see offending GIs punished swiftly and harshly. Attrocities of war cannot be allowed by a group of nations on a "moral crusade against terror". To leave them unpunished is to become the very people we are fighting against.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:58:49
@jonnythan Said
Your last statement is pure conjecture. It occurs to me that there have been no large acts of terrorism on the United States in going on 5 years now, which is entirely decent. Better than we were doing before 9/11 IIRC.

Disregarding any reason for invading Iraq, the presence of the US there currently is an absolute necessity, I'm afraid. The Iraqi police and armed forces are simply not up to the task of keeping the peace within their own borders. US withdrawl would basically lead to civil war in Iraq.

In any case, I think it is an absolute certainty that you will have incidents like this, where a small number of low-ranking soldiers occasionally decide to take matters into their own hands and commit grossly criminal acts, in absolutely every case where a foreign power occupies a marginally-hostile land. I would be quite surprised if at any point in human history there were no illegal murders committed by low-ranking soldiers occupying a foreign, semi-hostile land. TV and the Internet simply make it a bigger deal than it ever was before.

So you are saying you have proof this didn't come from higher up?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 21:59:12
@cole Said
How do you know this didn't come from higher up?

I think that's extremely unlikely... and that assumption is not including the fact that the accused would be shouting "WE WERE ORDERED TO" at the tops of their lungs if they had been.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 22:05:25
@jonnythan Said
I think that's extremely unlikely... and that assumption is not including the fact that the accused would be shouting "WE WERE ORDERED TO" at the tops of their lungs if they had been.
Not nessecarily, afterall the honor code thing and no "grassing" etc, these guys will get court martialled and spend meer months in some military jail.

I don't think any of us can say for sure that it didn't come from higher up, we can only summise but the way things are going, those sent into free Iraq are rapidly becoming more vilified than those it was sent to oust! Maybe it was just a case over-zealousness on the part of these low ranking soldiers, maybe it was mis-intepreted orders, who knows

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#12New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 22:14:53
@jonnythan Said

In any case, I think it is an absolute certainty that you will have incidents like this, where a small number of low-ranking soldiers occasionally decide to take matters into their own hands and commit grossly criminal acts, in absolutely every case where a foreign power occupies a marginally-hostile land. I would be quite surprised if at any point in human history there were no illegal murders committed by low-ranking soldiers occupying a foreign, semi-hostile land.

You may well be right there Jonny. But I have an example in my home town were the Parachute Regiment of the British Army were brought in to assisted the police control a civil rights march.

The result was the cold blooded murder of 14 unarmed civilians by the 1st Para.

Following the murders the British governments attitude was f*** Off Paddy we're the ones in charge. But the people of Derry wouldn't lie down under this and after many years a public enquiry finally heard the evidence as to what happened.

Was this low ranking soldiers loosing their discipline?

What about the comanding officer of the British Army being told by the PRIME MINISTER that those boys need taught a lesson.
magwarna On July 06, 2006

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 01, 2006 @ 22:30:17
It is a sick and twisted world out there.
People are being murdered everyday, it just saddens and sickens me.
We are suppost to live in a society where we are humane....where is this humanity..it seems that everyday on the news there are some more dead in Iraq or someone has been stabbed in the street etc...
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#14New Post! Jun 02, 2006 @ 09:59:08
Its disgusting I had already seen this footage ages ago on the internet and its quite slack of the media not getting this out sooner.And how on earth is there blood on the f***ing roof man -these nazis must of went crazy in the room,its an outrage and they should be punished to the full extent of the law.But bush wouldn't punish them anyway because thats just the kind of guy he is.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs