Twin updates

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#46New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:38:34
Wow those boys are little fighters already. I'm so proud of them too.
autumnsmama On March 09, 2009

Cambridge, Canada
#47New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:40:26
YaY!!!! Good job boys! Keep it up!
You are ALL still in my prayers!
beautifuldisaster On February 22, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#48New Post! Jun 17, 2006 @ 13:56:19
Been awhile since I've updated you guys so I guess I should inase anyone is still curious or interested....

They've had LOTS of visitors lately so they've been pretty tired but are keeping up really well. Doctors put them both on caffeine to help stimulate their heart beats and breathing the other day. They seem to be responding to it really well and their bradys are decreasing which is a good thing!

They were weighed in at Lochy 3lbs 8.8oz and Callum is still trying to break the 3lb mark at 2lbs 15.8oz. He's NEARLY there

And they are starting to try and find their way to Mum's milk when we have skin to skin sessions which is really exciting as I don't plan to have them on formula unless they need it.

On the other hand with all their progress it's making me more upset that I can't tae them home they're doing so well and I just need them with me but I know I still have a long wait. They think if we're lucky they could be cominghome in like 3 weeks but not to get our hopes up. It's a bit hard not to considering I want them home NOW.

I miss them lots right now..

Callum

Image hosted by Pimp My Profile

Lochlann

seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#49New Post! Jun 17, 2006 @ 14:03:25
Glad all is well- you keep getting rested up for the homecoming- it'll be here soon!!!

Sydney, Australia
#50New Post! Jun 17, 2006 @ 14:11:24
@seekurbliss Said
Glad all is well- you keep getting rested up for the homecoming- it'll be here soon!!!

Thankyou and thanks again for that little pic you made me it's very cute my fiancee loved it too and said to say thankyou

Cambridge, Canada
#51New Post! Jun 17, 2006 @ 22:09:51
Keep going lil' guys! They're doing great! Hang in there mom, you'll be ok!
mimsworld On October 06, 2008

Gympie, Australia
#52New Post! Jun 17, 2006 @ 22:18:40
Congratulations!!! Thats fantastic news about your bundles of joy!! Things can only improve now.

I know how you feel, if you ever need advice or someone to talk to who has been in that situation please pm me, I've had twins who were in hospital for a month after they were born.

Anyway enough about me, I'm soooo happy for you.

Sydney, Australia
#53New Post! Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:16:34
Welllll It's been awhile again and some GREAT progress has been made!!!!! Although it still looks as though they will be in there for awhile longer

Lochlann is doing great although he is still relying on the nasal cannula to breathe too much to be taken off it. He has broken the 4lb mark!!!!!!! My little boy who weighed next to nothing is starting to look like a REAL baby he's getting chubbier you can see his little fat rolls developing He's now weighing in at around 4lbs 3 ounces!!!!!!!! He is doing so well with being able to regulate his own temp that they are considering taking him out of the incubator into his own open crib!!!! WOW! He has no jaundice anymore his apnea episodes, desats and bradys are all down to a minimum and he's just doing such a great job!! They do think he might need some physical therapy for awhile but there shouldn't be any long term effects from being a preemie apart from being smaller and a slower developer that they can tell at the moment so that's awesome!!

Callum is fighting equally as hard but isn't getting as far as his brother which is ok I'm still SO proud of him he's still suffering from several desats, bradys and apneas on occassion and relies very much on his oxygen supply. His lungs are having a really hard workout poor little man. But he's sticking to it and he is sitting at the 3lb 7.8 oz mark which is WONDERFUL!!! We have to have a cultures test run because they think he might have an infection which is causing the sudden increase in a's and b's that he keeps having but I'm staying positive and just pulling for him. I KNOW he's going to be ok.

I have been a wreck on and off because of the set backs Callum keeps experiencing but right now I'm doing ok pulling through.

I was SO mad at the hospital staff the other day they tried to refer me to the psychologist but I refused to go. they tried to tell me I had PND but honestly they have NO idea what any of the parents in there are going through. Don't get me wrong I love the work they do but until they've been in that situation they have no right to tell me how I am feeling. One nurse finally listened to me and understood that my good days are when they boys do good and I'm in a terrible mood when they aren't so good.

Anyhows that was a bit of a ramble and I'm sure noone got this far so if you did good job!!...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:23:41
Thanks for letting us know, im glad the boys are making progress.

I would tell the Docs and Nurses to wait until the boys have been home wiht you a month before they start mentioning PND. If you feel it is just stress of the boys being away from you then the feelings should go once they are home.

If they dont go away then, well let them do thier evaluation. Seems fair enough to me
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#55New Post! Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:24:38
Good to hear you kids are doing well.

I have not met but PND is a real symptom that many mothers experience and it is nothing to be ashamed of. Left alone untreated, it can become a nightmare so keep an open mind please.
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#56New Post! Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:25:25
Fantastic to hear the boys are doing so well. You will still have good days and bad days, but that goes on all through the years of parenting.

Parenting is one of the hardest jobs in this world.

Those two wee boys are real fighters, but I strongly beleive in the power of prayer and I am still praying for you all.

Cambridge, Canada
#57New Post! Jun 26, 2006 @ 11:32:05
I agree with the others! Parenting is very hard work, so of course we are going to have our days too! Besides, since when does a nurse do referrals? I thought you had to be an actual doctor to do that.

Anyway, I am estatic to hear the wonderful news!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs