Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Breaking Up and the Feelings

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lillymongoose On January 24, 2007

#16New Post! Mar 23, 2006 @ 13:34:11
It seems to me that for some people tend to really put alot of effort into avoiding the actual break up. These people will suddenly start finding faults with the partner; will try the turn the tables fight scenario; etc. They will do everything except come straight out and say they want to end the relationship. They drag out the break up and make everyone miserable. I just dont understand why its so hard for these folks to end the relationship.

I was with someone and at the beginning of our relationship the guy stated to me that the one thing he asked of me was to tell him if I should ever change my feelings. He said that he could handle that better than going through the emotions of the roller coaster ups and downs situation. I agreed and told him I was asking the same of him.

For many reasons our relationship did evolve to the point where my feelings for him changed. I did as promised and told him it was time for both of us to go separate ways. OMG all hell broke loose. Not exactly the scenario I had envisioned. It was a nightmare. He made my life a living hell for quite awhile and he still comes back from time to time to haunt me.

It was at this time that I decided to just not participate in the dating -- break up cycle. And, I have been sooo much happier.
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Mar 23, 2006 @ 13:39:36
THats right lilymongoose, people do drag on a breakup for far too long and it hurts everyone's emotions.
Sometimes its out of care that if you say you love then no more then they will become very depressed, othertimes its cos one of the sides is a lazy or just plain nasty.

Never had my own problem with this though.
lillymongoose On January 24, 2007

#18New Post! Mar 23, 2006 @ 14:29:25
@suicideme Said
THats right lilymongoose, people do drag on a breakup for far too long and it hurts everyone's emotions.
Sometimes its out of care that if you say you love then no more then they will become very depressed, othertimes its cos one of the sides is a lazy or just plain nasty.

Never had my own problem with this though.

Mine turned into a fanatical stalker situation. Nasty nasty nasty. But a good thing did come out of it, I fooled him and left the state. Now, I am totally happy.
foreverbroken On October 03, 2007

, New York
#20New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 23:11:56
Ive just broken up w/ my bf also & feel like killing him lol
cbriatzcyh On November 23, 2008

Co.Durham, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Apr 12, 2006 @ 13:12:51
I broke up with a lad yesterdat through e-mail and we tlked on msn and he duznt know if we can still be friends cos he "loves" me! we didnt do anything, and we were together for a week n thts all. I didnt feel anything for him but i like him as a friend and i wish he could accept that what should i do?
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#22New Post! Apr 12, 2006 @ 13:17:50
He will get over it! you can't live your life being unhappy just to keep from making someone else miserable. I've done it myself and there is no good in it.
andyboyo On November 17, 2007

swansea, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Apr 19, 2006 @ 19:42:25
@misscj Said
Friday evening I finally broke up with my bf It's been horrible for the past day. My feelings are up and down, one minute I am crying and regreting breaking up with him, the next moment I see and remember clearly why I did break up and my tears stop.

I feel so guilty cos I have hurt another person, I've distroyed his life and I can't make it better.

We broke up cos he just didnt give me what I needed. I did everything I could to make him happy but he never thought about me, instead he thought for me.

I have seen what he was like before we got together when he was going through a break up and I hate knowing that I am putting him through that same pain

I feel terrible and that I am a horrible person.

I had once had a one night stand that lasted 2 years! she was a lovely lovely person who I really really got with but the spark wasnt there for me. unfortunalty she had a lot more feelings for me and i ended up really really hurting her. I tried to be her friend but it made things worse! you got to be selfish in these situations however you dump them your going to be the bad person so just get it over with and move on with your life.....he/she will thank you in the end......I saw her about a year ago and she said shes in love again and she dont know what she ever saw in me.......I was thrilled

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs