London 2012

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#16New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 09:55:25
You're wrong, ok so yes the horses are the ones carrying the riders... but, the riders still have to work to get to the point where the horse is performing well enough to win.

That takes a lot of hard work, dedication, skill and determination... I have to go out now, but I will explain more later... Please don't rule off equestrianism just because an animal is involved... I'll finish off later
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#17New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 09:59:49
@misunderstood Said
You're wrong, ok so yes the horses are the ones carrying the riders... but, the riders still have to work to get to the point where the horse is performing well enough to win.

That takes a lot of hard work, dedication, skill and determination... I have to go out now, but I will explain more later... Please don't rule off equestrianism just because an animal is involved... I'll finish off later

I'm not even sure what the event is. I kind of just felt like replying. But I knew it involved horses.
nej On November 18, 2005

Sunderland, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 10:20:43
I'm glad London won 2012. It's cool that summit so big will be held in MY country. Plus we kicked French ASS! No offence to any French people out there, i love your country!
Persuasive Madam!

#19New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:34:47
@shaggyjebus Said
I'm not even sure what the event is. I kind of just felt like replying. But I knew it involved horses.

Lol, well, there are actually three events...

1. Dressage... which is all done on the flat, some are also done to music, it is judged on the horses paces, obedience, rythm etc

2. Showjumping... timed around a course of showjumps... the quickest horse with least faults (faults occur for going the wrong way, running over time and knocking down poles) wins.

3. Eventing... A combination of dressage first, then cross-country (logs, water, dithes etc) and finally a course of showjumps... this is held over 3, sometimes 4 days...

Well thats the basics anyway, but do you know why equestrianism is held at the olympics? I'll see if you do before I tell you, there is a reason for it!

Deleted

#20New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:36:19
@misunderstood Said
Lol, well, there are actually three events...

1. Dressage... which is all done on the flat, some are also done to music, it is judged on the horses paces, obedience, rythm etc

2. Showjumping... timed around a course of showjumps... the quickest horse with least faults (faults occur for going the wrong way, running over time and knocking down poles) wins.

3. Eventing... A combination of dressage first, then cross-country (logs, water, dithes etc) and finally a course of showjumps... this is held over 3, sometimes 4 days...

Well thats the basics anyway, but do you know why equestrianism is held at the olympics? I'll see if you do before I tell you, there is a reason for it!

Umm . . . cause the Greeks did it? I don't know.
Persuasive Madam!

#21New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:56:19
Well, basically yea... it originates right from the beginning of the ancient games...

All the original games were based on qualities needed for war... so, speed, agility etc... and obviously back then horses were used in battles... so they were also included in the games... that is why they are still included today 8)

Deleted

#22New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:57:29
@misunderstood Said
Well, basically yea... it originates right from the beginning of the ancient games...

All the original games were based on qualities needed for war... so, speed, agility etc... and obviously back then horses were used in battles... so they were also included in the games... that is why they are still included today 8)

Wow . . . so that one event isn't pointless. All the events are pointless!

Just kidding, folks.
Persuasive Madam!

#23New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:59:00
lol, but now you know why it is there!

Also why it won't be taken out... it's part of the games history

Deleted

#24New Post! Jul 08, 2005 @ 13:59:54
@misunderstood Said
lol, but now you know why it is there!

Also why it won't be taken out... it's part of the games history

Yeah, and if the Olympics are concerned with anything, it's history!
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#25New Post! Jul 10, 2005 @ 02:27:02
what sports were removed?
eem On October 07, 2005

Medan, Indonesia
#26New Post! Jul 11, 2005 @ 00:49:52
Jump!
people like jump in party, not in Olympics!
rainbow On December 05, 2007

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
#27New Post! Jul 11, 2005 @ 05:15:02
I hope they win
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs