Car Crash/Burns victim child...hit by car again

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#1New Post! May 07, 2006 @ 13:03:00
SOPHIE Delezio's parents yesterday fought back tears as they spoke of their five-year-old daughter's incredible courage after sustaining horrific injuries in a second car accident in two years.

Ron Delezio and Carolyn Martin said despite her extensive injuries, their "tough little fighter" was expected to make a full recovery.

"She just inspires us all," Ron said. "It's her character. She doesn't give up, she won't give up.

"I just cannot believe it's happened again. I just could not believe a serious accident could happen twice within a couple of years.

"I don't know whether it's bad luck or I have done something really bad in the past and it's catching up now.

"I couldn't believe a family or a little girl could have so much bad luck. Why should my daughter go through so much pain again? Hasn't she gone through enough?"

In 2003, Sophie suffered burns to more than 85 per cent of her body and lost both feet, a hand and an ear when a car ploughed into her Sydney childcare centre and exploded into a fireball.

Sophie Delezio
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#2New Post! May 07, 2006 @ 13:06:21
I feel sorry for this young girl.

When a car went off the road and crashed through a childcare centre, she was trapped underneath the car and received burns.

Now she gets hit by a car again and both times with a senior driver behind the wheel.
macky On May 24, 2007

Deleted

Thomastown, Ireland
#3New Post! May 07, 2006 @ 13:12:46
what the fecking hell is an 82 year old allowed to be driving on the road,thats a total disgrace and terrible tragedy.
lucky8 On June 28, 2007

The Moon!, Australia
#4New Post! May 07, 2006 @ 13:45:12
When I saw this on the news it brought tears to my eyes, seeing her mother the way she was.

I feel for this little girl she has being through so much.

It's not right, this is why old people should be off the road. I hate getting into the car with my grandpa his fricken scary and likes going off the road, I now refuse to go in the car with him.
fallen_in_tears On March 25, 2010

Kent, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 07, 2006 @ 13:53:52
aw that brought tears to my eyes i feel so sorry for that young girl and her family
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#6New Post! May 09, 2006 @ 02:02:17
I felt like crying when I read about poor little Sophie. We all felt for her two years ago when she was hurt in her childcare centre and followed her through her recovery. Now this? It is too much for a little girl to have to go through twice!

It really pisses me off that drivers have so little regard for pedestrians. We have to wait till the drivers come to a complete stop before crossing because drivers just drive straight through pedestrian crossings. Our lollypop lady has nearly been plowed down several times.

Why do so many drivers think the rules don't apply to them?
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#7New Post! May 09, 2006 @ 02:43:55
Im gonna be praying for her...........
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs