Breaking Up

Any Idea?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
raredreams On May 10, 2006

Miami,
#1New Post! May 04, 2006 @ 18:38:18
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone here have an idea how to stop thinking about someone that doesn't even deserve a thought? I was in a relationship with him for many years and YES, he dumped. No excuse, just "It's not you, it's me". It's been 4 months and I still wake up thinking about him and thoughts of him entered my mind. I loved so much and I thought that we would be together forever, but I have been wrong before.

Anyways, when we last saw each other, he said" when you think of me, just say to yourself that I am not worth it" I know he is not, but I do want to stop these thoughts in my head. I feel like is 24/7. Like an addiction of some sort.

I hate the fact that he told me that he is seeing other women and that he really didn't care about any of them, just the sex. He even said, if you ever see me with someone, just know that I will never have any feelings for any of them, if they want to have sex, that is all that I can give them.

I got so upset ! How can he disrespect women so much !!! He is in a path of distruction. I don't care what path he is in, but I find myself worry about these women. I am one too...
He turned out to be a real monster after 16 years and I didn't even know about it.

I tried meditation, painting, you name it...and nothing..It's been 4 month and I don't think is getting better.

Please help
rosesforme17 On August 29, 2023

Santa Clara, California
#2New Post! May 04, 2006 @ 20:21:20
There really is nothing anyone can say except to give it time. Four months of trying to get over someone is not enough after 16 years with them. You can't get over someone that quickly when you had given them so much of your life. And don't expect for yourself to get over it so quickly either. You'll get over it and stop thinking about him so much when YOU are ready. When your heart and mind are ready, you'll let go. You will just have to find some way to occupy your time more. You've tried some things already, and that's good. I know how hard it is to let go of someone you had been with for so long. But you will be okay without him and one day you will move on. Just give yourself time.
raredreams On May 10, 2006

Miami,
#3New Post! May 08, 2006 @ 18:05:04
I suppose so. 16 years is a long time.
Last week I finally was able to get rid of everything we shared together. Pictures, journals..etc....Out in the trash.....the only thing I got left is the stereo he bought me and a watch. I know, I am getting a new watch for mother days, so I don't have to see that either...but the stereo..don't know what to do.. I enjoy it..
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 08, 2006 @ 18:10:23
I always set myself a huge project. Something nasty like redecorating or something that will take a lot of physical effort and something i cant stop halfway through with.

While im doing said task i think about all the pain and hurt and how i want him out of my head. I use the anger to make me do the task.

I start to hate the task and i start to hate the man that set me doing that crap in the first place so i could get him out of my head.

Usually by the time its done, im physically and mentally exhausted.

It works for me every time, because by the time im finished i dont even want to think about him ever again.

You could try that
thegorillas On November 10, 2006

Deleted

United States
#5New Post! May 08, 2006 @ 18:14:58
Ok here is my suggestion for you. Go try new things. Start going out with your friends more. Concentrate on homework or something. Start a new hobby or collection. Meet new people. Just start doing new and different things. Don't spend your time just being sad and hanging around your house. Get out have fun do something. Cooking also is good. Anything to take your mind off him.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs