The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Dumping... does it get easier over time?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#16New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 01:44:59
I think it gets worse over time..it has for me anyways..I'm getting older and I have more serious and long-term relationships where you end up loving each other very much so..but your both not on the same page so you need to dump them. I seriously Don't like dumping, I don't like to hurt other people and see them go downhill or what not. I would actually rather be dumped if it came down to it!!
thomo On July 04, 2007

Hull, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 01:48:46
@unspokenwords Said
I think it gets worse over time..it has for me anyways..I'm getting older and I have more serious and long-term relationships where you end up loving each other very much so..but your both not on the same page so you need to dump them. I seriously Don't like dumping, I don't like to hurt other people and see them go downhill or what not. I would actually rather be dumped if it came down to it!!

Have no fear chrissy i'd make sure that i'd dump your a**

thomo On July 04, 2007

Hull, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 01:50:08
@unspokenwords Said

Don't worry chrissy i'd dump your a** first

#19New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 01:52:10
@thomo Said
Have no fear chrissy i'd make sure that i'd dump your a**

Thanks..I think.. I'm saying if there was any dumping needed..I don't like to get dumped..but I prefer not hurting the other person..I also like to work things out if it's possbile or worth it!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#21New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 01:53:50
@wildchild Said
He was very skinny pretty much all over

Is that code?

#22New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:01:14
guess he wasn't 'fat' enough?
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#23New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:01:21
@el_tino Said
Is that code?

*Takes Tino aside to explain*
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#24New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:01:50
@cinnamin Said
*Takes Tino aside to explain*

i was just making sure
earthangel On March 19, 2010

Sunbury On Thames, United King
#25New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:21:01
I think its easier if you have only been going out with someone for a couple of months, but say over 6 months or more it gets harder.

I dumped my ex husband of 4 years, on holiday in Spain. (Just before our holiday i had found out some really, really bad s*** things about him, things that he had done before i had met him).

As the holiday was booked, and we were going with friends i decided to go as i didnt want to let them down.
I was totally confused! and once i was out there i couldnt relax! (It was there my ex hubby admitted to doing the things i had heard about him).

I decided at around 10pm one night that i was going to leave my ex and come home to the UK, where i knew Ian was waiting for me. (Ian at the time had been a good friend and a shoulder to cry on).

I got a cab and stormed off to the airport, i bought a ticket and my flight was booked for 6.30am the following morning.

I had to sit on a bench all night outside the airport, as it closed at midnight! My ex had followed me. He sat with me, and pleaded allnight long for me not to leave him, and how sorry he was, and how he would try and make it up to me?..

It was one of the hardest things i had ever had to do, he had never directly done anything wrong to me? He was 20 years older than me, i was 24 at the time.

At 6am i turned to my ex, i gave him a peck on his cheek, and went back into the airport and boarded my plane, i never turned back to look at him, or say goodbye.

Ian met me at Heathrow airport along with a crowd of friends that cheered me as i came through the gates.

I went home and packed all my ex's belongings up, and ian threw them in my front garden! 2 weeks later when my ex hubby returned home, he was horrified, and really hurt! he would of taken all kinds of s*** to get me back! He came around to my house everyday for a month, begging me to take him back, promising me the world!

But i knew i was doing the right thing. I couldnt help feeling sorry for him. He would cry and i would cry with him! But in the end, it wasnt fair on any of us, so i put a stop to it. I have never seen him since.

(I do know he only got seven years for the crimes he committed before he met me, and is listed on the national paedophile register).. That was 16 years ago.
ellie On December 06, 2007

JOPLIN, Missouri
#26New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:34:08
@earthangel Said

I decided at around 10pm one night that i was going to leave my ex and come home to the UK, where i knew Ian was waiting for me. (Ian at the time had been a good friend and a shoulder to cry on).
I got a cab and stormed off to the airport, i bought a ticket and my flight was booked for 6.30am the following morning.
But i knew i was doing the right thing. I couldnt help feeling sorry for him. He would cry and i would cry with him! But in the end, it wasnt fair on any of us, so i put a stop to it. I have never seen him since.
Quote:

How I well I remember that time, Kaz, had never ever seen you cry before, and remember trying to understand what you were saying when you phoned me saying "get me home...please help me" You were sobbing, and it pulled at my heartstrings. Remember meeting you at the airport, there was a few of us there, and you looked ill and scared too.
I always admired you for having the guts to walk away, I know how hard it was for you.
Stay happy x
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#27New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 02:56:47
I think it usually depends on if you're dumping the same person over and over it might get easier because I'm pretty sure you'd be sick up dumping them all the time! But normally I'd say it's a different experience every time, you might care more about someone than you did in a previous relationship.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Apr 07, 2006 @ 07:17:48
Nope no problem with dumping. If they are wrong for me, then what the bloody hell am i wasting mine an thier time for. Nope Im doing them a big favour, they may not see it at the time.

Im extremely loving and affectionate, then i can just snap and become extremely cold.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs