Conspiracies

The end of the world, finally?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#1New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 18:56:04
Dr.Eric R. Pianka, a University of Texas evolutionary ecologist and Lizard expert named the 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist, gave a speech that advocated the elimination of 90% of the World's population by the airborne Ebola virus.

He claimed that the Earth, as we know it, cannot survive at the rate things are moving right now, and the only feasible solution to keep the Earth the way it is and ensure continuation of the Human race is to cut the Earth's population drastically to 10% of the existing number. War and famine would not be the most efficient method... and neither will AIDS - he reiterated that what the world needs is a fast and clean sweep of Death. And the virus Ebola (Ebola Reston) is the best and most effective way. It is lethal, deadly, and it kills in days - instead of in years.

What is most disturbing, however, is what transpired after his speech. The audience applauded. It wasn't just a smattering of polite applause either - it sounded like an enthusiastic and genuine appreciation in agreement for his beliefs.

Dr. Eric R. Pianka and an unidentified woman from the University of Texas at Arlington following a recent speech before the Texas Academy of Science in which Pianka endorsed airborne Ebola as an efficient means for eliminating 90 percent of the world's population. Pianka received an enthusiastic and prolonged standing ovation. Later he received more applause from a banquet hall filled with more than 400 people when the president of the Texas Academy of Science presented him with a plaque naming him 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist.

The complete article "Saving The Earth with the Ebola virus" was published on March 31st, 2006 in The Citizen Scientist . It seemed real enough, and it actually made me shudder upon reading it. If it was an April Fools' idea of a joke, it was surely done in bad taste. After all, this is not just a group of people that we are concerned with; it is the fate of the whole human race.

There are actually crazy and reality-divorced individuals who have such perverse thoughts.

What is the World really coming to?
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 18:58:38
damn i hope not i wanna be an old fella on a park bench feedin the ducks
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:04:00
That's pretty messed up.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:05:56
Obviously, all of those people applauding were perfectly happy wiping out 90% of the world's population, as long as:

1) They were in the 10%
2) They got to drive home in their car, fill up at the local gas station, and watch TV when they got there.
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#5New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:07:27
woohoo!
That's a gem babyrs.

Especially nice touch with the texan distinction.

I'm sure airborn ebola would be perfectly effective in
eradicating large amounts of humans, so in that way he's
right.

What an idea though.. let's just hope that one doesn't
catch on.
chickinblack On December 19, 2007

Roach, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:12:02
@annski729 Said
That's pretty messed up.

Yeah. What she said.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:12:35
Nature has its ways, we dont have to introduce any culling device, why we are happily killing ourselves, and that guy is talking out of his arse
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:14:56
I think we should all go an find another little world out there so we can f*** that one up too.
macky On May 24, 2007

Deleted

Thomastown, Ireland
#9New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:21:39
That guy is evil without doubt,thats murder
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#10New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:40:22
My Granny used to swear the Consevative Party deliberately started wars to cut down the working class population and generate loads of money for big businness.

She had lived throught two world wars after all.

Maybe she wasn't that far wrong?

This guys mad theory may get a lot of suport from the radical politicians out there but in a very secretive way.

The problem is the countries that are the worst offenders at poluting the earth and destroying her resources are the superpowers who will want the numbers cut in the third world who arn't the worst offenders.

10% of the USA or China or would be much more beneficial than 10% of Africa or South America.

Can you see the US volunteering for a cull? That is a cull in the USA not some far off poor neighbour.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 19:47:40
I don't think that anyone advocating wiping out 90% of the world's population in the name of saving the earth would recommend that the surviving 10% would be the most wasteful 10% on the planet, bendover.

I'd imagine that this guy would want 90% of *every* population eliminated.

, Singapore
#13New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 20:17:55
@jonnythan Said
I don't think that anyone advocating wiping out 90% of the world's population in the name of saving the earth would recommend that the surviving 10% would be the most wasteful 10% on the planet, bendover.

I'd imagine that this guy would want 90% of *every* population eliminated.

That's the way I read it... for once, the world is at one, for the wrong reason.

Makes me wonder though - would it take such a catastrophe of epic proportions to finally say: regardless of race, language or religion?

, Singapore
#14New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 20:19:38
@alljive Said
w

Especially nice touch with the texan distinction.

EVIL!! pure evil, AJ!!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#15New Post! Apr 06, 2006 @ 20:22:27
Nature can control the population of animals and I see it capable of keeping the human race under control also.

We do a good job killing plenty of people unnessessarily as it is and by subtle control of medical cures the wealthy countries can keep numbers down among the poor.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs