Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

How to cope with anxiety

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
pumpkin96 On December 20, 2021

Rincon, Georgia
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2021 @ 04:28:27
I was diagnosed with severe anxiety in 2011 at the age of fifteen. Over the last ten years, I have experienced hundreds of panic attacks, irritability, over worrying, extreme exhaustion, and so much more. I know that anxiety can be overwhelming at times and I wanted to share some tips on how I cope on a bad day.

Please note that anxiety is different for everyone, take these tips as mere suggestions.

Take deep breaths:
Taking ten deep breaths often helps to calm my nerves and center myself, allowing me to move my focus away from my panic attack.

Step away from what is upsetting you:
Getting some distance is great, even if it is just into the next room. Take five minutes to yourself.

Distract yourself:
Clean. Blare music in your headphones. Pet your dog. Sing show tunes at the top of your lungs. If you can distract yourself for a few minutes you may be able to make the panic attack less draining and eventually learn to control it.

Listen to your body:
Are you completely drained? Set your timer and take a thirty-minute nap. This can help rejuvenate you and help you feel more relaxed.

Meditation is key:
I meditate once a day before bed to help calm my nerves. I have found that this helps me sleep as it relaxes me and helps my anxiety calm down.

Remember that anxiety does not control you. It is important to take care of yourself and keep your head level.

Deep breaths!
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#2New Post! Dec 24, 2021 @ 15:53:07
Death is the final answer.

For some this will also mean renewal and rebirth. Those who go in felicity with God have no more sorrows or tears.

Death is not a solution but a corpse will not feel anxiety.
melods On January 12, 2022

samaria, Israel
#3New Post! Jan 12, 2022 @ 16:58:30
@Na Said

Death is the final answer.

For some this will also mean renewal and rebirth. Those who go in felicity with God have no more sorrows or tears.

Death is not a solution but a corpse will not feel anxiety.

well. im here if somebody needs to talk.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 12, 2022 @ 22:05:20
@melods Said

well. im here if somebody needs to talk.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs