Forums:
Politics

Reconciliation Bill

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Oct 21, 2021 @ 20:25:39
Look, we have to do what we can with the cards that we have. One thing is for certain: Nothing will pass without all 50 on board. And another thing is certain: It will be impossible to get everything we want this term as a result. Once we realize this and communicate this, we can taper expectations for Americans and then at least get some things done for some satisfaction.

And then we can run 2022 on a platform that says, “You want more? Vote the GOP obstructionists out, vote the self-serving Manchins and Sinemas out.” Then we can do the rest once they are. We can add the taxes on the rich that Sinema wants gutted to pay for the environmental provisions Manchin wants gutted, if we are just a bit patient on it.

Democrats may even be able to effectively win 2022 with this kind of message. But chances are, that won’t happen, because they have always been horrible at communication.

This whole short-sighted spat is a shame, because with each year we fight and accomplish nothing, the further we move from being able to save this planet.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#2New Post! Oct 22, 2021 @ 17:53:36
It's almost as if those two are interfering by design.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Oct 23, 2021 @ 15:33:34
@Leon Said

Look, we have to do what we can with the cards that we have. One thing is for certain: Nothing will pass without all 50 on board. And another thing is certain: It will be impossible to get everything we want this term as a result. Once we realize this and communicate this, we can taper expectations for Americans and then at least get some things done for some satisfaction.

And then we can run 2022 on a platform that says, “You want more? Vote the GOP obstructionists out, vote the self-serving Manchins and Sinemas out.” Then we can do the rest once they are. We can add the taxes on the rich that Sinema wants gutted to pay for the environmental provisions Manchin wants gutted, if we are just a bit patient on it.

Democrats may even be able to effectively win 2022 with this kind of message. But chances are, that won’t happen, because they have always been horrible at communication.

This whole short-sighted spat is a shame, because with each year we fight and accomplish nothing, the further we move from being able to save this planet.

I've seen it over here in Zealand as well as America:

The Conservatives are always more likely to win because of an underlying prejudice towards aliens and the recognition that they make up the lion's share of those needing social aid.
Most people, going through western life, when feeling offended by ethnic races, keep their animosity to themselves and express it later at voting time by voting against templates which offer to make things easier for those other cultures.

A government template offering to 'stick it to the baddies harder' will almost always win the majority of voters over a template that offers to aid the sick and the meek.
Recently exceptions have been made for this rule in lieu of the 'First Black, Gay, Female, etc' President however when that novelty wears off Democrats will start seeing many years of being told to shut up and sit in the corner.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Oct 23, 2021 @ 16:52:38
Republicans are like dogs... they stick with the pack even if they don't like each other and/or the leader of the pack.

Democrats are like cats... they disagree even if they like each other.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Oct 23, 2021 @ 16:54:16
@4d4m Said

Those two are intentionally interfering.

There fixed that for you.

Yes... they are doing it on purpose.
Darkman666 On 23 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Oct 23, 2021 @ 23:13:15
@chaski Said

Republicans are like dogs... they stick with the pack even if they don't like each other and/or the leader of the pack.

Democrats are like cats... they disagree even if they like each other.

hell, you are right! instead, democrats and republicans in congress. put them in pound, then they put to sleep. both parties don't too enough, for american people anyway.

then, let us see them in pound, and how of them gets adopt ?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Oct 24, 2021 @ 01:41:35
@Darkman666 Said

hell, you are right! instead, democrats and republicans in congress. put them in pound, then they put to sleep. both parties don't too enough, for american people anyway.

then, let us see them in pound, and how of them gets adopt ?

I'm so disappointed... you haven't mentioned my blue dress in like forever...!

Darkman666 On 23 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Oct 24, 2021 @ 02:45:09
@chaski Said

I'm so disappointed... you haven't mentioned my blue dress in like forever...!

i haven't it cross my mind, or cross my path. if your blue dress cross my path. if you wearing it, bullets are expensive. i could use practice with my uz, your dress would good practice for me. she dies, she dies!
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#9New Post! Oct 24, 2021 @ 09:03:41
West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin for the win!

Country road take me home to the place I belong!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs