Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 07:43:59
our covid deaths are currently at about the entire population ofAlbuquerque. So if it was concentrated, the entire city dead and counting.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#17New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 15:19:22
Kinda like the universe has become more blunt in it's begging everyone to please start ignoring the media and do as you will.
Darkman666 On about 3 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 20:41:19
back then, the spainish fever was spread more deadly, you could image if they have planes back then. back then, they had only ships and trains with humans on it. no airports and public transportation, just horses and buggies.

of course, back then, trains and ships, they no saftey protocols llke these days. in some ways, we are lucky ones with the virus, comparing to the spanish fever.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#19New Post! May 06, 2021 @ 03:34:23
@DiscordTiger Said

lol, a I was just going to say we are using similar numbers I just rounded. becuase i was too lazy to look it up tonight. and our meant US, which did't have as many "pandemics" as Europe... so my math was also a little manipulated... Because statistics. Most of the rigt win talking points are that Covid was nothing compared to the Spanish Flu, but yet it might actually end up worse. Its pretty damn close compared to 2 years of the spanish flu is about the same rate of 1 year of COVID.

Covid may or may not of "gone global" as quickly 100 years ago. Our numbers are high, and im not saying it isn't bad, becuase I truly (and sadly) believe that when everything is said and done and history looks back on us, it will be worse than the Spanish flu...

But covid is spread out a few cases everywhere, rather than entire towns decimated. I think that makes it "seem not so bad". Dispersed pockets don't seem as much as a concentrated center, but over 500,000 dead is a lot.

Though our local hospital (the small county one by my house, not the level one trauma center) treated and released 470ish cases. They didn't have a number that were not sucessfully released, as it was supposed to be an inspirational sign.

(my Husband ended up doing a week in the hospital again last month, not COVID related, but it was still impacting all of their procedures as they had active cases. We even hit a point where we hit emergency, yes we can turn someone away if we can't save them, over the winter, luckily those orders expired before, my husband got septic. He didn't require ICU this time, but only because I called 911 with an hour of the fever, instead of the typical 2-4 hours it takes when I'm not working at home. We did a lot more home health this time, becuase it seemed safer, even though I'm like the worlds s***tiest nurse/caregiver.

Yeah that’s a good point about travel being a lot slower back then, so it’s hard to compare the two really - different times play in a lot of factors.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#20New Post! May 06, 2021 @ 09:05:09
The final solution here:

. . . let Florida do as they do. If it works it works, and if not they lag behind and go broke or stay sick.

With all the riots and failed businesses and all the problems other cities and other states are having, Florida is the object of concern.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#21New Post! May 07, 2021 @ 01:59:37
I was talking to a friend of mine on active duty; says they were given the option to get the vaccine or not. I don't ever remember being asked if I wanted a shot or not, they just stuck needles in me. Actually, they never "asked" much at all.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#22New Post! May 07, 2021 @ 02:15:56
its a technicality on the way it was approved. emergency vs regular through the FDA. the process is the same, but the timing is different. they don't mandate emergency use approved things
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs