Forums:
Random

I, the watchdog

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 2 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2021 @ 12:36:08
Today was a milestone in my life. For years, I'd ignored homeless people sleeping in banks, day and evening. I'd just gone about my business without saying a word about them to anyone, but that changed today.

I went to my local bank to put some money and I saw a homeless guy, a middle aged dude with a big rucksack and a big bag of soil, which he probably wanted to seel and a thick blanket, sleeping on the floor inside the lobby with the atm machine.

I did the responsible thing: I went outside and waited for a police car to come. I didn't have my mobile on me - it was at home charging, so I had to stay put and wait for my chance. I got one when one of the prisoner cars passed along in front of me and I waved them over.

One of them rolled down the window and I told them about the homeless guy and the officer got out and went over to the bank, while his partner found a parking space nearby. They got him out of there and let him be on his way. While he was gathering his things,the cops told me I could go about my business unmolested and I did. The senior officer gave me the thumbs up and thanked me. We said our goodbyes.

I think I did the right thing. Too many people around me don't want to get involved with homeless people, to the point where they look the other way and it's not right. Those people need to be attended to, not left to shelter wherever and whenever they can. No one should have to go through that.

From now on, if I find myself in the same position as I did today, I'll ask the police to intervene again and hopefully next time, I'll be carrying my mobile. In any event, I am now, a watchdog.
Darkman666 On about 2 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2021 @ 14:43:27
@Conflict Said

Today was a milestone in my life. For years, I'd ignored homeless people sleeping in banks, day and evening. I'd just gone about my business without saying a word about them to anyone, but that changed today.

I went to my local bank to put some money and I saw a homeless guy, a middle aged dude with a big rucksack and a big bag of soil, which he probably wanted to seel and a thick blanket, sleeping on the floor inside the lobby with the atm machine.

I did the responsible thing: I went outside and waited for a police car to come. I didn't have my mobile on me - it was at home charging, so I had to stay put and wait for my chance. I got one when one of the prisoner cars passed along in front of me and I waved them over.

One of them rolled down the window and I told them about the homeless guy and the officer got out and went over to the bank, while his partner found a parking space nearby. They got him out of there and let him be on his way. While he was gathering his things,the cops told me I could go about my business unmolested and I did. The senior officer gave me the thumbs up and thanked me. We said our goodbyes.

I think I did the right thing. Too many people around me don't want to get involved with homeless people, to the point where they look the other way and it's not right. Those people need to be attended to, not left to shelter wherever and whenever they can. No one should have to go through that.

From now on, if I find myself in the same position as I did today, I'll ask the police to intervene again and hopefully next time, I'll be carrying my mobile. In any event, I am now, a watchdog.

i know from experiences with homeless people. if you see a homeless person sleeping on the street. leave the person alone, if he or she wake, if they are friendly, talk to them. don't give any money, maybe food give them. if they are hanging in your area more than few days. go in a different direction, they want you give them money or food or liquid. they get mad, if you don't.

the police probably tell you stop call or wave them down eventually, you become a nuisance to them.
Conflict On about 2 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#3New Post! Apr 26, 2021 @ 13:19:18
@Darkman666 Said

i know from experiences with homeless people. if you see a homeless person sleeping on the street. leave the person alone, if he or she wake, if they are friendly, talk to them. don't give any money, maybe food give them. if they are hanging in your area more than few days. go in a different direction, they want you give them money or food or liquid. they get mad, if you don't.

the police probably tell you stop call or wave them down eventually, you become a nuisance to them.

They respected me for my actions. I don't regret denouncing the homeless man. If anything, I helped him get on his feet and keep walking. Maybe now he'll set out on a better path because I got him moving again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Apr 26, 2021 @ 19:17:52
@Conflict Said

They respected me for my actions. I don't regret denouncing the homeless man. If anything, I helped him get on his feet and keep walking. Maybe now he'll set out on a better path because I got him moving again.

there is an old joke that help me every time, dealing with an homeless person. the joke is more fact that anything. the joke is more how society deals with the problem.

there is a man walking down the street. all sudden, an homeless man comes out of the blue, and confront the man. the homeless man said to the man, " i have eaten in three days! " and the man looks at the homeless man, and said, " try! "
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Apr 28, 2021 @ 15:21:51
@Conflict Said

I just notify some of the neighborhood teens and they set fire to the bums in the middle of the night.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Apr 28, 2021 @ 15:23:33
@Darkman666 Said

What about slipping down their pants and doing them in the pooper when you find them sleeping?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Apr 28, 2021 @ 16:13:17
@Electric_Banana Said

What about slipping down their pants and doing them in the pooper when you find them sleeping?

i get on my tricycle and yell, " choo,choo! " and then i run over them with tricycle!

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Apr 29, 2021 @ 01:11:35
@Darkman666 Said

i get on my tricycle and yell, " choo,choo! " and then i run over them with tricycle!

Dude...that is sooooo totally Pee Wee Herman.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! May 05, 2021 @ 03:10:00
@Conflict Said

Sadly, that is the difference between our countries. I would do something, but calling the Police would no be it. I would not trust them. For the first half of this post i was horrified, then i remembered you were not in the US, and now I am sadend, that there is no one to call. Most of the homeless, just need a little help. Being a librarian, I get to interact with a few, regularly. It can be a rough life and a little human kindness goes a long way.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs