Balance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Dec 14, 2020 @ 10:28:21
Hi Dave, just to say that I have left the Forum, at least for now. So here I am! I log back on randomly to see if there are any PM's as I am an upstanding English Gentleman who wishes to convey the proper manners of replying to such. Please excuse my sense of humour.

I often find the forum posts tedious, irritating and pointless, as you do mine.

Work out "balance" for yourself.

All the best

Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Dec 14, 2020 @ 18:05:06
@dookie Said

Hi Dave, just to say that I have left the Forum, at least for now. So here I am! I log back on randomly to see if there are any PM's as I am an upstanding English Gentleman who wishes to convey the proper manners of replying to such. Please excuse my sense of humour.

All the best

This site isn't all that frustrating; only a few of us here

Try Reddit: most of the time you can't get your posts through and when you finally do you realize you're posts were being blocked because the psycho and sociopathic majority using the site use comments to launch rabbid-mutt abuse at the writer.

And then 4chan (mostly opportunists) who troll and lay traps for those who can't control themselves.

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Dec 14, 2020 @ 18:09:19
@dookie Said

All the best

Oh, BTW - looking again I realized my post was repeating what you said (in a different way).

Balance is impossible; we can only choose not to let the world around us get our goats.

I've perceived it like this:

We get hard done by because we feel something of value has been exploited
and stolen from us; mostly result of some having more than us
from the start and therefore the advantage, support
and power to exploit us.

When we realize most of what can be lost is of no value
and that injustices are deliberate and intentional to get a reaction from us
credibility for this existence is foregone.
The desire to be a part of this life and continue to fight for a piece of it
is replaced with a calming patience for exit from this world - Like Reddings 'Sittin' on the dock of the bay'
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Dec 15, 2020 @ 09:01:14
@Electric_Banana Said

Oh, BTW - looking again I realized my post was repeating what you said (in a different way).

Balance is impossible; we can only choose not to let the world around us get our goats.

I've perceived it like this:

We get hard done by because we feel something of value has been exploited
and stolen from us; mostly result of some having more than us
from the start and therefore the advantage, support
and power to exploit us.

When we realize most of what can be lost is of no value
and that injustices are deliberate and intentional to get a reaction from us
credibility for this existence is foregone.
The desire to be a part of this life and continue to fight for a piece of it
is replaced with a calming patience for exit from this world - Like Reddings 'Sittin' on the dock of the bay'

Once again I feel compelled to answer.

We all value different things. Reading back on this thread I see that my own "value" born of over 45 years of interest in the Dharma is virtually jeered at by another who himself seeks "balance" and asks where it can be found. My mind boggles.

On another thread someone living in Bunyip Bend down under spouts ardent nonsense about Brexit, every word demonstrating his ignorance. Why on earth he is even concerned about the "self determination" of the UK is a conundrum.

As Jenny has said elsewhere, some have to live with the s***. Now I enter a stricter lockdown, the reason given that the NHS could be overwhelmed. Seven pop up "Nightingale Hospitals" remain virtually unused mainly because of lack of staff. Many EU citizens who worked in the NHS have upped and left, staff vacancies grow and will only worsen when the UK's new entry requirements kick in. If you show evidence of being able to shift numbers about on a computer screen and thus can command a sizeable salary you are can come to "Global Britain", but those prepared to wipe old arses and perhaps give a hug when its needed, being on the minimum wage, will not qualify.

I could go on and on but people tend to switch off. I guess most have already done so here. Its called "self-determination" or whatever, the latest crap word to keep the lemmings in line.

Sorry, losing it a bit.

All the best mate.

, New Zealand
#20New Post! Dec 16, 2020 @ 17:12:59
@dookie Said

Once again I feel compelled to answer.

We all value different things. Reading back on this thread I see that my own "value" born of over 45 years of interest in the Dharma is virtually jeered at by another who himself seeks "balance" and asks where it can be found. My mind boggles.

On another thread someone living in Bunyip Bend down under spouts ardent nonsense about Brexit, every word demonstrating his ignorance. Why on earth he is even concerned about the "self determination" of the UK is a conundrum.

As Jenny has said elsewhere, some have to live with the s***. Now I enter a stricter lockdown, the reason given that the NHS could be overwhelmed. Seven pop up "Nightingale Hospitals" remain virtually unused mainly because of lack of staff. Many EU citizens who worked in the NHS have upped and left, staff vacancies grow and will only worsen when the UK's new entry requirements kick in. If you show evidence of being able to shift numbers about on a computer screen and thus can command a sizeable salary you are can come to "Global Britain", but those prepared to wipe old arses and perhaps give a hug when its needed, being on the minimum wage, will not qualify.

I could go on and on but people tend to switch off. I guess most have already done so here. Its called "self-determination" or whatever, the latest crap word to keep the lemmings in line.

Sorry, losing it a bit.

All the best mate.

Yup

Here's 80's Iron Maiden quoting a Christian hymn

"Oh, God of Earth and Altar
Bow down and hear our cry
Our earthly rulers falter
Our people drift and die
The walls of gold entomb us
The swords of scorn divide
Take not thy thunder from us
Take away our pride"

So Maiden had the same complaint in the 80's as well whoever wrote the hymn originally

So the 'incompetent Government' theme has been going on for a very long time
Too long to be real, actually.
Because after all this time the nature of variables would suggest that sometimes those in power would be fools while other times we would have got the vote right.

But it never is the case
almost as if an ongoing theme intentionally staged as a strawman, depicting an artificial Democracy, to contrast a dystopian hegemony?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs