Forums: Entertainment:
Movies

The whipping post

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 14 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 15:40:50
I've learned that some of the actors over the past thirty five years have gotten a certain measure of punishment for things that really bother me.

Let's start with Dolph Lundgren. According to various sources, the match between Sylvester Stallone and Lundgren in Rocky IV was real. The damage they did to each other was not make-up and the pain both expressed was genuine. According to various sources, Stallone wanted this to prevent the fans from having a violent reaction to the death of Apollo.

It didn't end there. In Masters of the Universe, Dolph was whipped in a scene, on his knees, bare chested with his hands tied. He wasn't actually hit, but the thought counts here. Then came the Punisher, in which Lundgren agreed to full contact choreography that puts him on the receiving end of a number of hard punches and kicks to the body and the face.

So, who had it out for Lundgren and why?
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 16:38:25
Rocky 4 was amazing. Still one of my favorites.

Lundgren could have opted for stage fighting. It's all about the actor's comfort level.

Tom Cruise. Buddy is next level crazy and does all his own stunts.

Charles Spurgeon is quoted as saying: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."--which is actually a quote by Jim Elliot occasionally misattributed to Spurgeon.

Make sure to vote this election. Vote early and vote often.
Darkman666 On about 14 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 18:47:59
most action scenes in movies and tv are choreorgrahic almost a month before actually filming the scenes. occasionally, an actor misjudge a blow actually get hit.

three stoogies were famous for choregraphic moves, they spends hours in perfectly their slapsticks. very rarely, any stoogie ever got really hit or hurt.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 19:17:50
Yeah.......some of those WWE guys really hurt each other. Or so they tell me.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 20:43:48
over the years, Dolph Lundgren isn't that bad actor. some of his movies, he actually act in. in his early roles, his fighting skills helped him, not his acting.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 22:21:54
@Conflict Said

I've learned that some of the actors over the past thirty five years have gotten a certain measure of punishment for things that really bother me.

Let's start with Dolph Lundgren. According to various sources, the match between Sylvester Stallone and Lundgren in Rocky IV was real. The damage they did to each other was not make-up and the pain both expressed was genuine. According to various sources, Stallone wanted this to prevent the fans from having a violent reaction to the death of Apollo.

It didn't end there. In Masters of the Universe, Dolph was whipped in a scene, on his knees, bare chested with his hands tied. He wasn't actually hit, but the thought counts here. Then came the Punisher, in which Lundgren agreed to full contact choreography that puts him on the receiving end of a number of hard punches and kicks to the body and the face.

So, who had it out for Lundgren and why?

Dolph had to agree to the beatings.
Maybe he wanted the authenticity.
Maybe he liked it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 22:36:40
@mrmhead Said

Maybe he liked it.

jackie chan did all his stunts, most of all his movies. he has been hospitalized by doing own stunts.

robert conrad (the wild wild west) did all stunts in 4 seasons, it was on the air.

the movie production and insurance companies are the ones that insurance for the actors, if they allows the actor to do their stunts.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:35:21
@darkman666 Said

jackie chan did all his stunts, most of all his movies. he has been hospitalized by doing own stunts.

robert conrad (the wild wild west) did all stunts in 4 seasons, it was on the air.

the movie production and insurance companies are the ones that insurance for the actors, if they allows the actor to do their stunts.

Stunts are one thing, but to be kicked and punched is another level

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:13:52
@mrmhead Said

Stunts are one thing, but to be kicked and punched is another level

accidents are typical in action movies. i have read six or more articles in the last two years. the actor or the other actor hit each others by accident. very rarely, a main actor really get pissed off and deck another actor on the set.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#10New Post! Sep 12, 2020 @ 23:10:23
@mrmhead Said

Maybe he liked it.

You could be right. I am curious as to why this might be. The evidence is pretty clear and graphic at times.

In one scene of the Punisher, for example, Dolph Lundgren and Jerome Karrabe have a fight, in which Lundgren elbows Karrabe hard in his forehead with a back elbow, splitting the skin in the centre of his hairline. This is followed seconds later by a headbutt to the forehead.

Both blows were hard and I would like to know the purpose behind this. As much as he was on the whipping post, he gave back and Karrabe could have ended up with a concussion.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Sep 12, 2020 @ 23:37:38
@Conflict Said

You could be right. I am curious as to why this might be. The evidence is pretty clear and graphic at times.

In one scene of the Punisher, for example, Dolph Lundgren and Jerome Karrabe have a fight, in which Lundgren elbows Karrabe hard in his forehead with a back elbow, splitting the skin in the centre of his hairline. This is followed seconds later by a headbutt to the forehead.

Both blows were hard and I would like to know the purpose behind this. As much as he was on the whipping post, he gave back and Karrabe could have ended up with a concussion.

you remember this director's decision, what you are asking. most blows are directed to the forehead. it would give a normal person, a concession. it's like knocking the wind out of him. it only slow him down, if he is knock out.

this above, look more two only knock it each others out, more than killing each others.

i have see this movie, this movie had a lot of faults in it. this fight scene depending on the length of the time length of the scene.

your question lies with the director, the producer, the actors, the fighting coordinator, the writer and the censorship of movie industry.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#12New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 14:41:14
I don't always believe in coincidences. Sometimes different events occur, but the timestamp and the full contact kicks Lungren got in the Punisher seems to be a little too close to Rocky 4. I'm leaning toward the idea that this wasn't just a random event, but a kind of resonance.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs