The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

My money is on Kamala Harris for VP choice.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#91New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 14:20:38
@bob_the_fisherman Said

So what I, bob_the_fisherman, have actually been saying here on TFS is that Trump is my lord god and savior and I will defend him regardless of what he says or does.

Fix that for you.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#92New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 22:48:00
I know right, his entire political platform is based on removal of access to healthcare for me and my entire family (well most of the country, but i refuse to vote against my one interests and be surprised at the results.) Alas that is not enough of a reason to politically disagree with him.
I’m missing the point he’s human

But Kamala she’s just a whore, only good for her holes.
And I’m supposed to believe a complicated and magical time traveling, reality defying set of conspiracies by a bunch of random a** people on YouTube, that the dnc are really just a bunch of “liars”

I don’t have all of our laws, court cases, executive orders, party platforms, or candidate history memorized, but I’m pretty familiar with most of it. And can find it relatively quickly to refer to, which is why I know most of the stuff on YouTube is crap.

Not that I don’t think there are secret conspiracies at levels of power. I have a few multi millionaires and power players in my circles and I hear things, they just aren’t the same stupid a** q-anon Alex Jones crap.

But hey I’m just the retarded one, so whatever, I’m ok with that and secure in what I know to be true.

As opposed to my actual knowledge and involvement in the party and political process.
Darkman666 On about 18 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#93New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 23:14:08
i haven't watch the convention, not that i don't want to. i have fell sleep in computer chair before 8 to 10. but the articles last two days, are that more interesting to read. both conventions are horses and bugging horses to see what it better next two weeks. i have seen the video from michelle, it was fair. i wasn't inspirated by it. the democrats are tying rally the american public, which some of the articles not approving, especially. bill clinton. karmara need solid home run tonight, pretty over to win the black vote. how important the white vote, in general, with joe. tomorrow , joe need more than honkey vote to win, need both blacks and every races that been alienated by bozo. pretty much cover america and the world.

so, i wait for the videos come for everybody tomorrow, all toms and d***s come on tonight, and the same tomorrow nights. just watch cable or fall sleep during the convention. the exciting republican convention next week, HOT DAMN! four nights, that bozo will be on stage with republicans with heads pretty much shove up bozo's ass. when they are speaking making the speeches, you watch bozo's mouth not moving, but his a** will be flapping furiously.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#94New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 04:31:35
i just watched the tape of kamala's accept speech, it was like i heard the word from cbs before i saw her. that describe it , " standard " and even, i would add the word, she sound more " white ". hillary and michelle was more convincing to me, hillary hasn't lost her touch in speech. meaning, she was more convince than karmala. karmala is very comfortable on stage, that only thing, i give her credit on. democrats needs more punch to win, i don't think kamala didn't it tonight. i have doubt about joe's speech tomorrow. might make a difference, someone need kicks democrats in the a** to get a better rally going. i don't think an audience, would any make difference in this convention. no, i didn't watched the convention tonight. by friday morning, the rating has a way above average like a grand slam for democrats. the way, i see on video , it was too of overkill. whether or not, it was effective , who knows?
Don1945 On February 08, 2021

Fort Myers, Florida
#95New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 05:19:36
We need to accept and understand that this convention, and the one the GOP will be holding soon, are so very different than every other convention in history. No crowd to cheer and add enthusiasm to the night, all we have are people standing up there giving a speech to no one but the TV camera.

So, that makes it even more important than ever to listen to the words and dissect every speech to see if it appeals to you or not. These are very strange times and so much is unlike it has ever been in our long history.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#96New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 19:57:39
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Only in these kind of general terms though. What are some specific things he has done? I am asking because I do not know. Is there a Bill or Bills or something similar that you could point me to? The only thing you have said is that the GOP passed a Bill that allows a doctor to discriminate against people for their sexuality - and yes, that is wrong.

The point I make and that people seem not to notice is not that I support Trump on everything - I don't. But I do not support anyone on everything, and anyone who does blindly follow a political leader (be it Trump or anyone else) is a dangerous muppet. It leads to things like genocides and holocausts (and just to clarify - this is not aimed at you. I am not calling you a muppet or saying you blindly follow people. I am only repudiating the idea of blindly following people, not accusing you of anything).

However, I can also disagree with someone on some things but still support them overall. I do not spit the dummy if I disagree with someone and immediately turn against them.

As far as COVID1984 goes I have been saying the same thing since it first became apparent that this disease was much less deadly than we were told. We should quarantine the sick and those at risk and let other people take the risk or not. In the UK it is estimated that 16000 people died as a result of their lockdown through other untreated illnesses etc.

There is no good solution to this problem. Sweden went for a herd immunity approach and their number of deaths are dropping.

What we can not do is what we are doing. Shutting down economies, destroying small businesses and not doing anything other than prolonging the risk of this Chinese virus.

COVID-19 is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US, behind only heart disease and cancer, and ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, etc, etc. And none of these other causes are contagious.

So it’s a threat.

And the problem with letting everyone do what they want, at least in the US, is that we have a huge contingent that not only will do that, but will do so without masks or without any regard to social distancing or hygiene, putting many at risk who do want to play it safe, whether directly or indirectly. So restrictions have to be put in place because of these careless idiots for the same reason we have to have speed limits, smoking restrictions, DUI laws, business practices, etc, etc, which is to prevent people from infringing on the rights of other people under their idea of “freedom”.

I get what you are saying about lockdowns hurting lives, but there is a balance here that has to be weighed out and you cannot just throw data and science out the door when doing so. Everything has to be taken into account to find that balance that saves the most lives which includes limiting this deadly threat.

Also, as a side note to the discussion taking place, labeling things with silly names such as “COVID1984”, “Chinese Virus” reduces your credibility on this and may be a huge reason why you are seen as just another mouthpiece for the right wing at this points, because the pundits do the same thing.

That, and you are pretty much in lockstep with their thinking on everything, as impartial as you want to appear otherwise.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#97New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 20:14:01
@Leon Said

Also, as a side note to the discussion taking place, labeling things with silly names such as “COVID1984”, “Chinese Virus” reduces your credibility on this and may be a huge reason why you are seen as just another mouthpiece for the right wing at this points, because the pundits do the same thing.

That, and you are pretty much in lockstep with their thinking on everything, as impartial as you want to appear otherwise.

Don't forget Wu-Flu and Kung Flu
and probably a few other choice ones that I've either passed by or ignored.

But really, that didn't damage his credibility with me ... can't damage ZERO.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#98New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 20:24:25
lol yeah,
Covid-1984 was truly the least problematic and credibility damaging thing in that post.

I tend to call it “the rona”. Or sometimes corona if I can make a bad beer pun.

But yeah, it seems like bob is getting his facts from the same source as Alex Jones, Alex just has a following and flair for the dramatic, where bob has his Aussie charm and phrasing.

The “facts” are just as flawed and removed from actual reality on the ground. Alex does it for ratings and profits

I can only assume bob does it, because he doesn’t think American politics has really become the clusterf*** of a dumpster fire it is, and is giving us way more credit than we deserve.

Politically it really is that f***ed up.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#99New Post! Aug 20, 2020 @ 20:26:36
@mrmhead Said

Don't forget Wu-Flu and Kung Flu
and probably a few other choice ones that I've either passed by or ignored.

But really, that didn't damage his credibility with me ... can't damage ZERO.

I used to respect his opinion and discourse around here, even with the long winded Muslim diatribes, and still do respect him as a person.

Every time he spoke, it had weight with me and I wanted to read, but in the recent year or so, his posts have taken a turn and, at this point, he doesn’t appear to be any different from the likes of Hannity, Tucker, Alex Jones, etc. I could easily mistake him for one of them if I was reading his posts elsewhere.

It’s a bit odd and puzzling too because he isn’t even American.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#100New Post! Aug 21, 2020 @ 12:49:53
this time, last night , i watched only joe's speech. i wasn't impressed by him. not that, joe was not bad with his speech. nothing, i thought was that inspiration about it. i think democrats could done better, if the convention was more with live audience. either democrat or republican conventions are more of waste of time to played out. the debates are bigger issues in the election.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#101New Post! Aug 21, 2020 @ 13:05:41
It seems that it is the so called "swing states" that decide. And "swing people". We/many see and hear only ourselves. After every PMQ (Prime Ministers Questions) in the UK if you check into any Tabloid Comments section you can read how "Boris won the contest" or "Boris was made to look a fool". GE Debates are much the same. "Boris came across as statesmanlike" or "Boris just blustered." So it goes on. Much like the "bias" of the BBC. Some call it the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation while others accuse it of pro EU bias.

Who will listen ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs