Politics

Ohhhhhhh, Those Russians..!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 21, 2020 @ 14:37:47
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has made a statement in advance of the publication of the long awaited report on possible Russian interference in British elections.

"Almost Certain" The Russians Attempted To Interfere With British Elections

The report is due to be published next week and the timing of this statement seems curious, coming now, after such a long period of silence by the British government.

Last week there was a furious response by Boris Johnson after MP Julian Lewis had the Tory Party whip removed when he was nominated as the new chief of the Intelligence and Security Committee.

Johnson had nominated another MP, Chris Grayling, to get the job. Grayling has held a number of government positions and is a loyal and staunch supporter of Boris Johnson. He is also known as "Failing Grayling" because of the number of botched jobs he has been responsible for in departments including Transport and Criminal Justice. His reforms of the Probation Service are now having to be undone at the cost of many millions of pounds, such was the horrible mess he made of things.

But it is known that, had he got the job at Intelligence and Security, he would have kept the report locked away and out of the public domain indefinitely.

Hence Number 10's fury. Johnson REALLY wanted Grayling in that post and after Lewis announced, immediately upon appointment, that he would release the report, Johnson immediately withdrew the party whip, in effect, purging him (Lewis) from the party.

Labour have repeatedly questioned whether there is any link between Russian donors to Tory party funds and possible interference in UK elections.

It is hoped that the report will clarify whether or not this happened, although it is expected that parts of it will be redacted on the grounds of "National Security".

The amount of redaction may be a factor in whether or not releasing the report finally makes this all die down, or whether it raises more questions than answers.

Watch this space.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Jul 21, 2020 @ 23:15:09
Of course they interfere in elections.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jul 21, 2020 @ 23:28:35
@gakINGKONG Said

Of course they interfere in elections.

FAKE NEWS!

HOAX!

BIGGEST WITCH HUNT EVER

...or at least since Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
dihctatr On November 06, 2020

Upland, California
#4New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 04:20:41
ohhh those thwarted dems\couldnot even win by cheating\chaos w all voting efforts\
i blocked your voting forever\
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 13:53:39
Reading a few things today, combined with PMQ, its all more Monty Python.

The suppressed report, now released, tells us how negligent, insufficient.....etc etc has been our Governments stance towards Russian interference. Boris Johnson simply stands up at PMQ and says that no country has been more vigilant than the UK; that there is some sort of plot going on concerning anti-brexiteers.

Meanwhike, our dear old Daily Mail headlines with "Now Tame The Russian Bear"! I can't quite get my head around the use of the word "now". Is it implied that the UK has already slain the Chinese Dragon, impaled the American Eagle and done as it pleased with the Brussels pidgeon?

Really, the hubris of "Global Britain" is wonderful to behold.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 14:41:15
@dookie Said
Boris Johnson simply stands up at PMQ and says that no country has been more vigilant than the UK;

Nuh, uhhh....

My country has been the most vigilantest in the whole world. Ever.
PERIOD!

so says our orange man at the helm.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 14:45:04
@mrmhead Said

Nuh, uhhh....

PERIOD!

You can now see why we call our PM "Donald Trump Lite"

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 15:01:47
I've not kept up with the news today. It'll be interesting to see the Podcast of PMQ's later. I suppose it will be another session of Keir Starmer systematically dismantling Boris Johnson at the despatch box.

The Wednesday lunchtime disassembly of Boris Johnson usually goes a bit like this:

1. Starmer asks question (this is the entire purpose of 'Questions to the Prime Minister'

2. Johnson fails to give a coherent response.

3. Starmer moves the subject along.

4. Johnson completely ignores this and resorts to mechanically wheeling off the pre-prepared party line given to him to recite earlier by Dominic Cummings

5. Starmer bewilders Johnson with in-depth knowledge of the subject that Johnson should have (you know.... being the Prime Minister and all) but doesn't.

6. Johnson waves arms, bangs on the Despatch Box and accuses Starmer of "Doing Britain Down". he then demands that he (Starmer) start being more patriotic and concentrating on supporting our wonderful / marvellous / fantastic / amazing (select the adjective of your choice. He uses all of them several times) care workers / police/ doctors (you get the drift).

What Boris Johnson doesn't ever do, at any point, is answer any questions that are put to him which I suspect, today, would have had something to do with the Russian report that he has gone to great pains to suppress for so long.

More will come to light over the coming days I'm sure. This one won't go away.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 15:13:38
@dookie Said

You can now see why we call our PM "Donald Trump Lite"

He's a good guy, okay then.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 15:52:40
@gakINGKONG Said

He's a good guy, okay then.

If that is your judgement.

Upland, California
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2020 @ 00:19:10
@dihctatr Said

ohhh those thwarted dems\couldnot even win by cheating\chaos w all voting efforts\
i blocked your voting forever\

buy some overalls to wear while scooping poop\
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2020 @ 11:45:03
@mrmhead Said

Nuh, uhhh....

PERIOD!

Should that not be "vigilante-est"?

Upland, California
#13New Post! Jul 24, 2020 @ 00:03:51
dem answer=
the russians did it\
question=
any

just say the dog did it
brother did it
nabor did it
that guy over there did it\
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#14New Post! Aug 24, 2020 @ 20:35:05
Those Russians indeed. Here's a Story about another Russian dissident being poisoned. He's in hospital in Germany right now and they are saying he will live. Alexei Navalny is his name, he is one of Putin's most outspoken critics.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Aug 25, 2020 @ 06:05:16
It's telling that they had to get him the hell out of Russia to get him properly treated and the true nature of his condition assessed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs