The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is Yahweh breaking an objective moral tenet?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#61New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 13:47:33
@chaski Said

Except Jesus wasn't an infant or even a young child... Jesus was an adult.

The Jesus crucifixion story is not about killing children because your god is testing you (i.e. the Abraham to kill Isaac story)... and it isn't about blocking prophesies (i.e.Herod attempting to kill Jesus as a baby).

To the contrary the theme is more along the lines of standard mythological hero motif... the challenge and change the hero must endure to fulfill his mission as hero.

Really nothing whatever to do with infanticide.

Without the infanticide of Jesus, there would not be a Christianity.

You seem to put an age limit on your children. I do not and have a 50 year old child.

His age does not change his status to me. He will always be my child, even as I acknowledge his adultness.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#62New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 13:52:12
@darkman666 Said

yes, god should came down to earth to sacrifice his being to bring peace. why would god go around circle bring down jesus to get him kill. how you would like be immoral or want to follow a being let his son die to prove that you(as a father ) exist?

sorry, i didn't like the second question. why i wrote this post below. not sure, any father could answer that question above.

Any father who does not step up to his own demand for a blood sacrifice, and sends his son to die, is an a** hole of a god.

Yahweh is an a** hole.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#63New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 13:54:02
@gakINGKONG Said

They'll be fine. My parents prioritized their marriage. It was up to us kids to watch and learn. They led by example. I do the same with my kids and now grandchildren.

If I remember, I'll tell my sons that some French smarty-pants took a swipe at my parenting technique. They'll get a laugh and for this I thank you.

Examples that put men above women and children are piss poor examples.

Regards
DL
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#64New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 14:31:04
@GreatestIam2 Said

Without the infanticide of Jesus, there would not be a Christianity.

You seem to put an age limit on your children. I do not and have a 50 year old child.

His age does not change his status to me. He will always be my child, even as I acknowledge his adultness.

Regards
DL

@4d4m Said was talking about "infanticide".

"Infanticide" by definition is the killing of an "infant", i.e. a child within the first year of its life.

"Infanticide" is NOT the killing of a an older child like Isaac (who wasn't actually killed) nor and adult child like Jesus... nor is your 50 year old child an "infant".

Words have definitions and meanings.

Ottawa, Canada
#65New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 14:39:31
@chaski Said

@4d4m Said was talking about "infanticide".

"Infanticide" by definition is the killing of an "infant", i.e. a child within the first year of its life.

"Infanticide" is NOT the killing of a an older child like Isaac (who wasn't actually killed) nor and adult child like Jesus... nor is your 50 year old child an "infant".

Words have definitions and meanings.

I am looking at the principles of choosing who will die, the father or the son, and not their age.

Regards
DL
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#66New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 14:41:28
@GreatestIam2 Said

I am looking at the principles of choosing who will die, the father or the son, and not their age.

Regards
DL

I get that... I had been more specific because of the word "Infanticide".
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#67New Post! Jul 11, 2020 @ 20:08:33

Yes because he's just a sorcerer pretending to be a God in order to exploit mankind.
Darkman666 On about 16 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#68New Post! Jul 11, 2020 @ 22:32:24
i was think of the twilight zone classic, " the monsters are due on maple street ".

the story about the aliens was study and experience on the neighborhood on maple street. the aliens simulate for the neighbors on maple street, what if nuclear attack and one of the neighborhood family were enemy of the state like russian spies.

what if the aliens took one more gave the neighbors, if this enemy of the state were not russians, but aliens from outer space? what if the aliens make lights goes flickering on and off inside the house. car horns were going off without anyone inside the car?

everybody on maple street, around 7 pm, they are outside seen a dark figure from a distance, but make it out. hysterical was setting too much, one of the neighbor shot that this figure. what if dead figure now, was a little boy went to the neighborhood to see this was happen to them? now, everybody was to blame for the boy's death. what if the aliens start the hysterical again, found the the plant earth was too violent to colonizes for them?

what if yahweh use jesus not experience , but beacon of hope and peace. back then, people thought yahweh was a mighty magician like a wizard of oz. yahweh thought jesus was the best course to send down to represent him. speaking from the heaven to them would frighten them. they would never believe him that way. as all magicians - how the end of the show for them wonder? the answer - the death of jesus crist.

here is closing narration of the monsters are due on maple street:

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices...to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill...and suspicion can destroy...and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own – for the children and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.
dihctatr On November 06, 2020

Upland, California
#69New Post! Jul 12, 2020 @ 02:43:35
Should fathers should put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?
fathers should put themselves and their lives above their children’s
Electric_Banana On about 3 hours ago

, New Zealand
#70New Post! Jul 12, 2020 @ 17:46:26
@GreatestIam2 Said

I have found few examples of an objective moral tenet but think that, --- the good of the many, outweighs the good of the few, --- to be an objective moral tenet. It seems correct in all situations.

You might disagree with an example where this tenet is not objective or applicable.

Yahweh seems to put the good of the few ahead of the good of the many. Scriptures indicate that the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven.

In thinking of this, I also thought that Yahweh was breaking another moral tenet by putting his life above his own child’s. He sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself, to appease his own wrath against man.

Should fathers put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?

I know that few like to answer moral questions as we all have a bit of moral coward in us.

Do try to answer both of my questions please.

Regards
DL

Here's an example

The Good of the few says 'Spare this man a prison sentence for possession of marijuana as in all other instances he is a good and well-intended individual'

The Good of the many says 'We must make an example of him less our kids will smoke marijuana too.'

We can understand the argument of The Many

However it's revealed (much later) that the man who was disenfranchised in the prison system would've, otherwise, been the man to finally discover a cure for cancer.

When we consider the 'good' of The Many we must ask:

"Are most vindictive?"
"Are most easily gathered into mob mentality?"
"Do most find it easier to secure their positions in life by incriminating or making less of everyone else around them?"

Ottawa, Canada
#71New Post! Jul 19, 2020 @ 15:57:57
@dihctatr Said

Should fathers should put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?
fathers should put themselves and their lives above their children’s

Are you in the Captain Coward Club?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#72New Post! Jul 19, 2020 @ 16:01:36
@Electric_Banana Said

Here's an example

The Good of the few says 'Spare this man a prison sentence for possession of marijuana as in all other instances he is a good and well-intended individual'

The Good of the many says 'We must make an example of him less our kids will smoke marijuana too.'

We can understand the argument of The Many

However it's revealed (much later) that the man who was disenfranchised in the prison system would've, otherwise, been the man to finally discover a cure for cancer.

When we consider the 'good' of The Many we must ask:

"Are most vindictive?"
"Are most easily gathered into mob mentality?"
"Do most find it easier to secure their positions in life by incriminating or making less of everyone else around them?"

All subjective answers.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On about 3 hours ago

, New Zealand
#73New Post! Jul 19, 2020 @ 16:43:46
@GreatestIam2 Said

All subjective answers.

Regards
DL

Depends on what version of the ride your buggy was sent through.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs