Politics

Snippets From The Cornish Party of Democratic Karma

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 08, 2020 @ 15:11:26
I thought I'd start a little thread of the bits and pieces from British politics (and occasionally further afield) that aren't big enough to merit a thread of their own. A sort of weekly round-up of this and that, if you will, from the point of view of a left-wing, liberal pinko, lentil-eating, tree-hugging, feminist, lesbo snowflake.

Nah, I'm only kidding. I can't stand lentils, actually.

Feel free to comment, but as my remarks are intended to be light hearted, please respond in good-natured kind.

Bonking Boris Strikes Again

Hiring All The Best People?

......... and being an Old Etonian, of course he is. Bonking Boris (and I’m not talking Boris Becker here) has given £1.4 million of taxpayers money to Ben Elliot, his old tennis buddy to start up some sort of luxury lifestyle "meet and greet" scam. More Cronyism. I wonder how long it will be before that halfwit Thomas Heatherwick is given a massive contract for something else that won't work. “Wanna buy a bridge, Squire? This one’s got a garden on it.”

Don’t Panic Captain Mainwaring..!!

Coronavirus is spreading all over the world, even in the USA. Donald “No need to panic” Trump says that fears of a pandemic are a Democrat hoax intended to weaken his re-election campaign by causing the stock market to crash. Events have since forced him to back off and try to govern for a change instead of perpetually campaigning. Still, we can’t blame the orange one for being caught on the hop by the virus. After all, this is the first disaster of his presidency that he didn’t create himself.

Number 10 Baby? Boris Lost Count At 7. Or Was It 8?

Coronavirus must be serious. Even Boris Johnson attended a COBRA (Cabinet Office Board Room A to give it its full title, although it doesn’t sound as cool) meeting this week even though the poor man should be on paternity leave at Chevening or Mustique or somewhere. Yes, this was the week we learned he is going to be a father. Well, a father again. The difference between this and all the others is that he seems to be prepared to own up to this one. I trust the timing of the announcement wasn’t intended to distract attention away from Pritti Patel…. Although it did. Pure coincidence I’m sure. He may marry Carrie Symonds and he may not, but being his mistress she should bear in mind an age-old truth known to all women: When a man marries his mistress all it does is create a vacancy.

……….and talking of Pritti Patel

Rumour has it that she’s found the answer to the Coronavirus 'pandemic' sweeping the nation. She’s declared that if it doesn’t speak English and earn over £25’600 it won’t be allowed into the country. That’s that sorted then.

Number Crunching

The inconvenient numbers continue to stack up for Brexit. Having blithely, though successfully dismissed every forecast of economic loss as Project Fear, the time when such things start coming home to roost draws a little closer every week. Apparently, 49% of our overseas trade (the bit that we do with the EU that is) will be adversely affected by tariffs and taxes in a no deal scenario and will only be recovered to the tune of 0.16% of UK GDP even if we obtain expected trade deals with USA, South Korea and Japan. Who says so? Liz Truss, that's who. But what does she know? She’s only The International Trade Secretary and President of the Board of Trade. Her downbeat assessment has the merit of likely honesty and so it has been completely ignored by the government and Brexit media cheerleaders.

Silly Political Party of the Week

There have been a lot of bizarre political parties started in UK and in Europe. Most are frivolous and I think they deserve a mention if only for their sheer silliness. This weeks' offering is........

Clean Up Newbury Town Society

My good friend Shirley told me of the origins of this party from when she was one of the original Greenham Common Peace Women in the early 1980’s.

Greenham Common is near Newbury in Berkshire and those Britons old enough to remember will recall the activists who protested against the installation of American nuclear missiles on British soil that overnight turned our country into a prime first-strike target for the Soviet Union in the event of nuclear war.

The party was started by local residents who objected to concerned citizens trying to save them from being vapourised, with the intention of removing the protesters (they failed). They initially gave their party the above title, but re-named it when somebody pointed out that their name would look rather amusing when printed as an acronym on ballot papers.

And finally…………………

My mate Lizzie Wizzie* says:

First Mistress Carrie Symonds is up the duff. She should marry Boris Johnson immediately. With him and Dominic Cummings already in situ, the last thing we need in Downing Street is one more bastard.

*Lizzie Wizzie is the screen name of an online friend I have met several times at Pride festivals, and who writes on an LGBT forum that I frequent.

And if you think I'M anti-Brexit, you aint met Lizzie yet..!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs