Forums:
Random

A sucker born every minute

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Dec 17, 2019 @ 17:02:13
So there should be an ample market for the New and Improved (and more expensive) Dawn Powerwash Dish Soap!!

Link

Or, you can repurpose that 409 spray bottle and add some dish soap and water...

I already dilute my dish soap with water because we use it more often as hand soap than dish soap.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#2New Post! Dec 17, 2019 @ 23:08:29
@mrmhead Said

So there should be an ample market for the New and Improved (and more expensive) Dawn Powerwash Dish Soap!!

Link

Or, you can repurpose that 409 spray bottle and add some dish soap and water...

I already dilute my dish soap with water because we use it more often as hand soap than dish soap.

The first time I saw my daughter in law do dishes her method seemed so odd to me. Dishes, glassware, pots and pans were piled on the counter next to the sink and she kept the water running the entire time. She would squirt dish soap on the dirty pan, dish whatever, wipe with a dishcloth then rinse. No sink full of soapy water with dishes soaking. It just made no sense to me. The first thing I do when preparing food is to fill a sink with hot soapy water. As I finish using pans, utensils etc they get placed in the water. Makes cleaning up so much easier. Her style of cleaning must be common enough that they now sell dish soap with sprayers. It just seems like a waste to me.
Darkman666 On about 1 hour ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 01:55:23
I don't have a dishwasher in my apartment, I used dawn. it isn't that good on glasses, just let them air dry. I use joy now for my glasses.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 02:06:10
My technique in washing dishes, which I always do by hand and never by dishwasher, is to maximize the function of cleaning while minimizing both the use of water and the waste of soap.

That would seem to support Dawn's Powerwash Dish Soap, but actually I don't think it does.

This is a dumb product designed to dupe the lazy into spending more money.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 03:29:55
I still use washing machine for my clothes, but I hate washing machines. when I was little, my mother was too lazy to wash my mouth out with soap. so, my mom put in the washing machine, when I was bad. I went thought rinse cycle, after twenty times in my life, it was a better than shower !

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 13:10:41
I always have to deal with the aftermath.
My wife cooks, uses every possible dish, pan, and utensil, stacked precariously in the sink, counter, stove ....

Then I come in for the clean-up.
Dishes, glasses and silverware for the dishwasher.
Pots, pans, plastics and "delicates" by hand.

Holiday meals are often done in 2 or 3 shifts. Much like they mention about the "Cooking down time" While things are cooking, I clean up the aftermath of the prep. Sometimes there's a "Pre-Prep" to clean up after.

But, yes - Sink full of hot soapy water.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 14:53:53
@mrmhead Said

I always have to deal with the aftermath.
My wife cooks, uses every possible dish, pan, and utensil, stacked precariously in the sink, counter, stove ....

Then I come in for the clean-up.
Dishes, glasses and silverware for the dishwasher.
Pots, pans, plastics and "delicates" by hand.

Holiday meals are often done in 2 or 3 shifts. Much like they mention about the "Cooking down time" While things are cooking, I clean up the aftermath of the prep. Sometimes there's a "Pre-Prep" to clean up after.

But, yes - Sink full of hot soapy water.

you are a good doggie now, and you go out to your backyard and dig a hole up!

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Dec 18, 2019 @ 15:22:11
@darkman666 Said

you are a good doggie now, and you go out to your backyard and dig a hole up!

We have a joke about it:

The greater the taste, the bigger the mess

It usually holds true.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs