The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

Is it wrong to be nice to people?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ruby2011 On September 25, 2019

#1New Post! Sep 25, 2019 @ 19:25:26
I'm nice to everyone but I'm extra nice to very few people. It's those few people who gets mad and starts hurting me, not everyone else. None of this makes any sense. So people who initially like me are suddenly gonna stop just bc I'm nicer than average to them. It's always this reason.

I used to work for Arby's for 2.5 years and my supervisor went psycho on me for looking up to her. She started off liking me. I currently work at McDonald's and now this supervisor is also ignoring me for being nice AF to him. He also used to like me.

How come other people can do this and it's appreciated? If I do it, people call me a creep and accuse me of obsessing.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Sep 25, 2019 @ 20:19:29
Some people are just not compatible. Nothing will ever “win them over” it’s just best to accept friendship isn’t going to happen and move on. Once a person gets to the point of feeling forced, it gets creepy for lack of a better word because their boundaries are not being respected. If we really wanted to be nice, we wouldn’t force someone.

The same for “nice guys” that think they are owed a relationship for kindness. On that attention is more romantic that platonic, but it’s the same boundary crossing.
ruby2011 On September 25, 2019

#3New Post! Sep 25, 2019 @ 23:16:31
Here are quotes from multiple coworkers said to me multiple times over the past several months.

"What's up with your obsession with him?"
"You're a creep."
"If you weren't so in love with him..."
"Are you massively in love with him?"
"YOu have a crush on him."

Like srsly, it was like this at Arby's and now it's like this here. I can't look up to anyone or otherwise be extra nice to them. That Arby's supervisor who used to like me now hates me and never wants to see me again. Reason? Cuz I looked up to her. Likewise, my current supervisor also used to like me but stopped cuz I was nice AF to him. Yet, other ppl looked up to that supervisor at Arby's and it was appreciated.

I talk to everybody at work but people accuse me of crushing only on HIM. They never accused me of crushing on anyone else. Weird? Oh wait, maybe it's cuz I was only "regular nice" to others and extra nice to him. I definitely feel differently towards him than others but I didn't mean for it to show.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Sep 26, 2019 @ 06:11:55
If you are too nice they become suspicious

Then you finish last.
sita On January 20, 2022
Troll

, Egypt
#5New Post! Nov 09, 2021 @ 19:26:33
Some people don't like it and get intimidated if others are nice to them for no reason.
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Nov 09, 2021 @ 20:04:46
i was a butcher for 34 years, in a small family business. i was taught to be as nice, and always the customer was right. no matter what! on professional level, i had my good and bad days following that policy.

in general, most people tell you about me that i am very nice to them. i always have smile on my face. i hardly notice that i am smiling.

let be honest, you be an a*****e, even that throught other person not aware of it. easier, not always wrong to be nice to be a person. but you don't feel like be nice, don't said anything, just smile!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Nov 09, 2021 @ 23:53:53
@Darkman666 Said

i was a butcher for 34 years, in a small family business. i was taught to be as nice, and always the customer was right. no matter what! on professional level, i had my good and bad days following that policy.

in general, most people tell you about me that i am very nice to them. i always have smile on my face. i hardly notice that i am smiling.

let be honest, you be an a*****e, even that throught other person not aware of it. easier, not always wrong to be nice to be a person. but you don't feel like be nice, don't said anything, just smile!

I'm always nicest to the person with the biggest knife.
Biggest wife comes in a close second.
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2021 @ 00:42:19
@mrmhead Said

I'm always nicest to the person with the biggest knife.
Biggest wife comes in a close second.

i have seen bigger wives, they don't need carry a bigger knife!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs