Show us your taxes!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#16New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 11:24:35
I feel like I shouldn’t do that.

Maybe after the next election I’ll have more flexibility.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 14:51:10
@bobbimay Said

show me any law or Constitutional amendment that mandates a President or anyone that is running for President show their taxes....or that ANY privet person is mandated to show their taxes to the public..

There is not one, and i never said there was.

I do think there should be, as i want to know if "my" candidate is honest or not... I believe that the president's finances should be open to all.

I used to have a security clearance in my government job. The 1st background check went 10 years back into my life and included my finances. Then every 5 years or so my clearance was updated... for 26 years pretty much everything about me was up for investigation/review. I also had pee tests about once every 18 to 30 months, randomly.

I was totally good with that... as a government servant, I had to be largely "transparent".

I think all government officials should be the same: congressmen, judges, president...

You might not care and might not want to know, but I do.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#18New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 15:14:27
@chaski Said

There is not one, and i never said there was.

I do think there should be, as i want to know if "my" candidate is honest or not... I believe that the president's finances should be open to all.

I used to have a security clearance in my government job. The 1st background check went 10 years back into my life and included my finances. Then every 5 years or so my clearance was updated... for 26 years pretty much everything about me was up for investigation/review. I also had pee tests about once every 18 to 30 months, randomly.

I was totally good with that... as a government servant, I had to be largely "transparent".

I think all government officials should be the same: congressmen, judges, president...

Translation....my feeling are more important then those that don't think like me..yeah ya know the those people that have had different life experience then I do ...wah wah wah...
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#19New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 16:11:27
@bobbimay Said

Translation....my feeling are more important then those that don't think like me..yeah ya know the those people that have had different life experience then I do ...wah wah wah...

You seem a bit sensitive, so I will apologize that you took offense where none was intended.

I clearly did not put you or your opinion down, but only expressed my own.

Honestly though, there is not reason for you to cry about this topic nor my opinion.

You should have your own opinion and be proud of it. You clearly don't want anyone to see our president's taxes, nor any of our president's taxes (past or present). That is your prerogative.... you right... your freedom.

I disagree with your opinion, but it is yours so I fully apologize for making you cry.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 17:01:02
@chaski Said

I was totally good with that... as a government servant , I had to be largely "transparent".

- and there's the difference.

Politicians are here to "serve the people". And since there is no real legislation about "transparency", they don't have to be.

President after President promises "Transparency" - but as we all know, that only goes so far. Some were more "transparent" than others, but there was always something behind the curtain. And in some cases, rightfully so - for the sake of national security, for instance....
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#21New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 18:32:30
@mrmhead Said

- and there's the difference.

Politicians are here to "serve the people". And since there is no real legislation about "transparency", they don't have to be.

President after President promises "Transparency" - but as we all know, that only goes so far. Some were more "transparent" than others, but there was always something behind the curtain. And in some cases, rightfully so - for the sake of national security, for instance....

I totally understand that once in office, government officials (including elected officials) can only be so transparent with the public about their duties.

Yes, national security is a prime example of where/when a government official is limited in the ability to be transparent.

However, in my mind at least, there is a difference between lack of transparency while performing one's duties in office due things like national security as compared to one's finances prior to getting in office.

But that is just my opinion. No one should get so sensitive about my opinion as to break down into tears... unless of course they want to, after all we do live in a free country... its your party cry if you want to..
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 18:48:58
@chaski Said

I totally understand that once in office, government officials (including elected officials) can only be so transparent with the public about their duties.

Yes, national security is a prime example of where/when a government official is limited in the ability to be transparent.

However, in my mind at least, there is a difference between lack of transparency while performing one's duties in office due things like national security as compared to one's finances prior to getting in office.

But that is just my opinion. No one should get so sensitive about my opinion as to break down into tears... unless of course they want to, after all we do live in a free country... its your party cry if you want to..

Discretion now is even more important than before the election.

Just think of the reaction of the people, and the world, to learn how deep into Putin's pockets our "leader" is.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs