NEW GREEN DEAL

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#31New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 18:24:02
@chaski Said

While there are some issues with the New Green Deal, even if passed it would be a nonbinding resolution.

You should consider getting a copy of the New Green Deal (it is easy to find on the internet), and then read it.

Reading and assessing it with an open but critical mind would probably serve you well.

Then, if you have and complaints, make them logically and clearly... as opposed to regurgitating far right wing media nonsense.

Or since we have our Constitution which includes our 1st Amendment, you should decide do whatever you want, even if it is not based on facts.

You mean they aren't going to take away our guns airplanes?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 18:47:55
@mrmhead Said

You mean they aren't going to take away our guns airplanes?

Well... guns have "emissions" so the Green New Deal is probably leftist subterfuge to take our guns away.

As to airplanes... the earth is flat, so why do we need them?

NE, Ohio
#33New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 22:14:37
@chaski Said

Well... guns have "emissions" so the Green New Deal is probably leftist subterfuge to take our guns away.

Actually, there was just a local report on lead contamination at shooting ranges, and how that can get on shooters clothes and then they go home and contaminate the family.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#34New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 22:28:41
@mrmhead Said

Actually, there was just a local report on lead contamination at shooting ranges, and how that can get on shooters clothes and then they go home and contaminate the family.

Yep

Most federal law enforcement shifted to using "green" ammonia on "green" shooting ranges a decade or so ago.

Of course they are probably namby/pamby sissy deep state leftist snowflakes.

Note: I don't think they use the term "green ammo", but rather have some more macho sounding term to describe ammo that is more environmentally & human life friendly...

...that last part being somewhat ironic.

Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#35New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 23:32:39
I'm for thinking outside the box and looking for ways to be more earth friendly. AOC's green plan is too much too fast and not doable in a financial prudent way.

NE, Ohio
#36New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 23:54:03
@Ratty Said

I'm for thinking outside the box and looking for ways to be more earth friendly. AOC's green plan is too much too fast and not doable in a financial prudent way.

I agree that some may be a little too much, but get the conversation started and just maybe some compromise could be realized.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#37New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 00:08:48
@Ratty Said

Too fast?

You realize that if passed, it would be a nonbinding resolution...right?
It provides no funding, no specific plan, only general ideas and generalize target dates...

Kind of like I think everyone on TFS should get together for a party every 10 years starting in say 20 years.

Or hey Ratty we're both in California let's ride a train together.

In actuality it is, ultimately, meaningless...but if followed any and all specifics and time lines would have to be part of more specific and funded legislation...established at some point in the future.

So Cal, California
#38New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 00:36:40
I understand that it's nonbinding and essentially meaningless. Ive worked in the HVAC industry for 30 yrs now. I know green buildings am familiar with LEED principles. She doesn't understand the tremendous costs associated with upgrading and retofiting bldgds for energy efficiency. That is just one component of her plan. I'm too lazy to go on about the rest.

Again, I can appreciate big picture thinking, just needs a bit of a governor applied is all.

NE, Ohio
#39New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 03:22:34
@Ratty Said

I understand that it's nonbinding and essentially meaningless. Ive worked in the HVAC industry for 30 yrs now. I know green buildings am familiar with LEED principles. She doesn't understand the tremendous costs associated with upgrading and retofiting bldgds for energy efficiency. That is just one component of her plan. I'm too lazy to go on about the rest.

Again, I can appreciate big picture thinking, just needs a bit of a governor applied is all.

So it would be a boom for HVAC and Engineering Design companies to help companies meet the requirements.

I was in a small firm that dealt with that kind of stuff years ago.

So Cal, California
#40New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 03:42:58
@mrmhead Said

So it would be a boom for HVAC and Engineering Design companies to help companies meet the requirements.

I was in a small firm that dealt with that kind of stuff years ago.

The intellectual integrity unfortunately gets in the way of the potential jobs.... yeah, could be a boon to the industry,the larger picture still pervades, China and other nations wouldn't do anything in this pursuit and America could damage it's economy chasing dragons of sorts.

In engineering practices we have torque, we have speed, and we have trade offs, this power speed trade off is universal, across all disciplines.

Nothing is free in other words.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#41New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 07:35:22
Personally I'd like to see an actual proposal, not a resolution, before ruling such an endeavor a pipe dream or not. One thing is for sure though. If the Dems actually plan to attempt to deliver on this resolution, they're going to be in for one hell of a fight.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#42New Post! Feb 17, 2019 @ 16:26:47
@nooneinparticular Said

Personally I'd like to see an actual proposal, not a resolution,

Exactly.

Example: It is fine to say that "we" want high speed railways. They make sense. Many countries have them. If they were safe, affordable, etc... great.

>>> But how are "we" to do this? Is it feasible... both economically and geographically?

I no problem with the general direction of the Green New Deal... but it is in some ways like saying Let us build a Utopia. And really, who wouldn't want to live in a Utopian society? We know all Christians essentially what to be in a a Utopia. after all that is essentially their life after death hope; to be in Heaven, the greatest of all Utopias. So why not?

The problem is that the devil is in the details.

None the less, to get anywhere you must decide what direction you want to go. You can't really plan for the future with out starting with a general idea of what you want to accomplish. It seems to me that the Green New Deal is just that; a general idea of what "we" want to do in the future. It will/would necessarily be modified as time moves on.

Of course some don't want any of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs