Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Aberant theology and the Great Apostasy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#1New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 13:50:02
During my lifetime one of the most tragic developments of the organized Christian church is the faith healer movement. There’s probably a better way to describe it but it’s essentially those guys that say if you have enough faith that God will heal them. The Bible doesn’t teach that. And it’s misleading.

Next to the faith healer movement is the prosperity gospel. This is equally damaging. Joel Osteen is the primary culprit. I’m not Catholic but I support Catholicism but they too have had serious problems with sex abuse and covering up scandal. I don’t believe an airing dirty laundry for its own sake but church discipline is so vital to the integrity of the organism.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 17:45:01
@gakINGKONG Said

I don’t believe an airing dirty laundry for its own sake but church discipline is so vital to the integrity of the organism.

Yes, the Catholic hierarchy was very disciplined in hiding their pedophiles.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 18:12:45
@mrmhead Said

But Priests molesting boys isn't as "tragic" as fake faith healers.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 18:13:20
@mrmhead Said

I wonder what percentage of the general public are pedophiles and what percentage of the clergy are pedophiles.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 19:14:36
@Erimitus Said

I wonder what percentage of the general public are pedophiles and what percentage of the clergy are pedophiles.

At least one study puts the % of pedophiles in the general population at 5%.

A study by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in 2004 put the % of catholic priests at 4%. A study in Australia put the number closer to 7%.

Considering statistics (things like standard deviation, population sample size, etc) and cover ups by the catholic church for decades (if not centuries), it is more likely that (at a minimum) catholic priests have the same % of pedophiles as in the general population; 5%.

On the other hand, considering that it appears that there was a community within the catholic church that was actively protected by its leaders, simple logic would suggest that the % within the catholic church could easily exceeded that in the public.

If the question was more specific to pedophiles that targeted boys, as opposed to any/all youth, it is more than likely that the catholic church's % exceeds the public at large.

, Florida
#6New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 23:49:42
@mrmhead Said

Francis is doing his level best to right this
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Feb 01, 2019 @ 00:44:19
@gakINGKONG Said

Francis is doing his level best to right this

Based on the news stories (FAKE NEWS!!!) the church, including Francis, know who the perpetrators are.

Simple solution:

Dear clergy men who have perpetrated acts of pedophilia (and we know who you are), you have two options:

Option #1: Confess fully...

>Confess openly and publicly before God, so that all know that you have true and complete contrition for your acts. God will decide if you are forgiven or not.
>Confess to your victims and seek their forgiveness, regardless of whether or not they forgive you.
>Confess fully to any relevant law enforcement authority, and place yourself at the mercy of the appropriate judicial systems.

Perhaps our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will accept you back.

Option #2: If you chose to not confess and not seek forgiveness from your lord and savior...

> You will be officially and fully and publicly excommunicated from the church.
> All relevant records will be turned over to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.

You have Thirty (30) days do choose.

Signed,
Francis

PS
The proverbial clock is ticking

PPS
Suicide is not an option as it will damn you for all eternity.

The End

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Feb 11, 2019 @ 21:24:02
@Erimitus Said

Another data point:
SBC

Though, there was no institutionalized hiding.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Feb 11, 2019 @ 22:13:20
@chaski Said

At least one study puts the % of pedophiles in the general population at 5%.

A study by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in 2004 put the % of catholic priests at 4%. A study in Australia put the number closer to 7%.

Considering statistics (things like standard deviation, population sample size, etc) and cover ups by the catholic church for decades (if not centuries), it is more likely that (at a minimum) catholic priests have the same % of pedophiles as in the general population; 5%.

On the other hand, considering that it appears that there was a community within the catholic church that was actively protected by its leaders, simple logic would suggest that the % within the catholic church could easily exceeded that in the public.

If the question was more specific to pedophiles that targeted boys, as opposed to any/all youth, it is more than likely that the catholic church's % exceeds the public at large.

Yes, I would venture to guess that the percentage is greater than 5% in things like priesthood, school teaching, daycare, gymnastics, etc, since they are avenues for adults to interact with kids.

, Florida
#10New Post! Feb 13, 2019 @ 11:37:13
I remember the conversations that CNN’s Larry king had with John MacArthur. Probably some of the most important.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Feb 13, 2019 @ 16:20:50
@gakINGKONG Said

Probably some of the most important.

Yikes! an incomplete sentence...

Or maybe its a game...

Probably some of the most important ...(fill in the blank...
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#12New Post! Feb 13, 2019 @ 16:47:48
@chaski Said

Yikes! an incomplete sentence...

Or maybe its a game...

Probably some of the most important ...(fill in the blank...

Corrections officer

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Feb 14, 2019 @ 00:46:54
@gakINGKONG Said

I remember the conversations that CNN’s Larry king had with John MacArthur. Probably some of the most important.

Is that the guy who put pigs blood on bullets before he shot Muslims?

, Florida
#14New Post! Feb 14, 2019 @ 03:04:48
@mrmhead Said

Is that the guy who put pigs blood on bullets before he shot Muslims?

Well, hmmm. I sort of doubt John MacArthur did this but not sure.

He's the pastor of a church in California. He is not embroiled in scandal and isn't in any legal trouble, has been faithful to his wife, and most importantly, he doesn't fabricate Church doctrine of whole cloth when he feels the culture might move to embrace it. Neither does he promote circus like Westboro Baptist did.

I doubt we'll see a friendship like the one John and Larry had (yes, they are friends).

, Florida
#15New Post! Feb 14, 2019 @ 03:11:39
@Erimitus Said

Corrections officer

I have a lot of respect for civil servants-- firefighters, police sheriff's, office deputies, and corrections.

I pulled a three-year stint working as a jailor--the longest three years of my life.

By the way I think "pulling a stent" (stent vs stint) is a medical device used to help those who cannot pass urine effectively. Oh dang I think I meant something else perhaps I should have said "I did a three-year gig" or "I pulled the leg of pig" or "you don't sweat much for a fat girl" or something......
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs