College Life

Clubs/Organizations

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jan 30, 2019 @ 18:15:13
Well, to get this out of the way, I truly apologize that I may seem like a crybaby lately since the semester started, or like a brat. It's been quite a rough and interesting start to this semester. It's not my intention to seem like a Negative Nancy or anything.

Well, for those who known and those that don't, but ever since I transferred to Lynn University, my goal has always been the same. Within my very first semester, I joined the Psi Chi National Honors Society Chapter and became the Vice President of the club. I've held that position for going on 2 academic years now. This is my final semester. This morning, I have received an email from someone who kind of "monitors" the clubs and organizations. She informed me that due to my GPA dropping below 2.7, I can no longer be a member of the leadership council in Psi Chi. While it doesn't remove me from the club (as if I'd let anyone do that), it basically means that no matter what happens I can no longer act as the Vice President. It really hit me hard. I spoke with my professor who is also an advisor, he said no matter what happens to not remove my position from my resume. As of everything right now, he still expects me to act as the Vice President, even though my Title has technically been stripped from me.

My professor also said he'll speak to her and that he'll still assist me in my pursuit to get accepted into the University's Clinical Mental Health Program.

While I know he is in my corner and I trust him, it still hurts me that I lost the position after one rough semester. The only choice i have right now is to keep pushing and make sure my GPA doesn't drop any lower.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 30, 2019 @ 19:13:57
Good luck with that Pat.

I see no reason why being a member of any group or organisation should have a detrimental effect on your studies. I was a member of the Anti-Iraq War Campaign Group at university, as well as being an activist for feminist causes and Gay Rights. Yeah, I missed some lectures to march and demonstrate in London and I had to work damned hard to catch up. But I did it.

Finding a cause you believe in and supporting it is an essential part of university life and any campaign for the benefit of those suffering mental health problems is certainly a noble and worthwhile cause.

It's a good thing that you've got your Prof onside. Solidarity, brother..!!
I'm sure he'll help to keep you doing your good work.

Keep doing what you do and good luck to you with it. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2019 @ 15:12:26
@Jennifer1984 Said

Good luck with that Pat.

I see no reason why being a member of any group or organisation should have a detrimental effect on your studies. I was a member of the Anti-Iraq War Campaign Group at university, as well as being an activist for feminist causes and Gay Rights. Yeah, I missed some lectures to march and demonstrate in London and I had to work damned hard to catch up. But I did it.

Finding a cause you believe in and supporting it is an essential part of university life and any campaign for the benefit of those suffering mental health problems is certainly a noble and worthwhile cause.

It's a good thing that you've got your Prof onside. Solidarity, brother..!!
I'm sure he'll help to keep you doing your good work.

Keep doing what you do and good luck to you with it. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Thank you. I'm going to keep pushing forward. I am unsure of how to tell the remainder of the leadership of what happened. Ironically, I still managed to recruit more people to join the club.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs