Politics

United States Electoral College

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Dec 02, 2018 @ 17:03:47
What about the party delegation process!?!

I know they're "private" groups and can make their own rules but, there's an opportunity for corruption!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Dec 02, 2018 @ 17:26:31
@mrmhead Said

What about the party delegation process!?!

I know they're "private" groups and can make their own rules but, there's an opportunity for corruption!

Well the Super Delegates thing with the Democrat Party played a role in Hillary losing the election; IMO.

Because the Super Delegates all pick Hillary, and did so early in the process, it gave the appearance that she was pre-selected and that Bernie never had a fair chance.... i.e. the Democrat Party wasn't acting in a democratic manner.

The odds are that Hillary would have won the nomination anyway, but because of this situation ( ) a lot of people (especially younger voters) checked out or voted for other candidates.

Had the system at least appeared to be fair it is likely that Hillary would have won more votes. Considering she won the popular vote anyway, it isn't inconceivable that she would have won enough votes to actually win the electoral college vote as well.

Of course that is history and, to a point, speculation.

Its my understanding that the Democratic Party is getting rid of the Super Delegates thing... or at least modifying it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs