The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Judge loses reelection, so he sets all the defendants free.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 13:19:53
Just stellar.

A day after Judge Glenn Devlin of Houston lost his reelection bid, he released nearly all of the juvenile defendants who appeared before him, as long as they answered no when he asked if they planned to kill anyone.

Devlin, one of the 59 Republican jurists in Harris County who was replaced by Democrats, allegedly said: “This is obviously what the voters wanted,” when he released juveniles who have been charged with a wide range of crimes, according to ABC 10.

It is not known how many juveniles were released, but the number, according to the outlet, is at least seven — four of whom faced aggravated robbery charges.

Judge Devlin also rescheduled all of the cases to be heard during the first week of January, which is when Democrat Natalia Oakes will take the bench. Such a reaction appears to be intentional. “‘If I release you, will you go out and murder anybody?’And so, if the juvenile said no, they were released,” public defender Steve Halpert told KTRK-TV about the hearing. “Judge Devlin would never normally ask that question of a juvenile. This was unusual.”
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 13:34:06
@Eaglebauer Said

Just stellar.

A day after Judge Glenn Devlin of Houston lost his reelection bid, he released nearly all of the juvenile defendants who appeared before him, as long as they answered no when he asked if they planned to kill anyone.

Devlin, one of the 59 Republican jurists in Harris County who was replaced by Democrats, allegedly said: “This is obviously what the voters wanted,” when he released juveniles who have been charged with a wide range of crimes, according to ABC 10.

It is not known how many juveniles were released, but the number, according to the outlet, is at least seven — four of whom faced aggravated robbery charges.

Judge Devlin also rescheduled all of the cases to be heard during the first week of January, which is when Democrat Natalia Oakes will take the bench. Such a reaction appears to be intentional. “‘If I release you, will you go out and murder anybody?’And so, if the juvenile said no, they were released,” public defender Steve Halpert told KTRK-TV about the hearing. “Judge Devlin would never normally ask that question of a juvenile. This was unusual.”

Yeah, I saw that.

He's playing on the "Crime Wave" that the GOPer fear mongers kept pushing during the election.

But yet again, we have a white male in the headlines.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 15:01:13
@mrmhead Said

Yeah, I saw that.

He's playing on the "Crime Wave" that the GOPer fear mongers kept pushing during the election.

But yet again, we have a white male in the headlines.

It just pisses me off. I mean, I'm not a democrat. But come the f*** on..."they didn't reelect me so they all must want criminals to run free?"

Get the f*** over yourself man!
chaski On about 9 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 15:15:40
And 21st Century Republicans call liberals and Democrats snowflakes and crybabies.

21st Century Republicans have literally been whining, complaining and sniveling for the last 10 years, and when they don't get their way they act like spoiled little babies and throw tantrums....

...you don't play my way, I'm taking the ball home with me
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 18:45:56
...he then held his breath til he was blue and would not let them take his gavel.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs