Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 15:56:34
@bobbimay Said

that is not how it works...

If you take the cash option then you get about half of the money then state and federal taxes..the amount depends on your state taxes can be as much as 50 % in total....

but if you take the annuity the full amount will be paid out in 30 years minus taxes...which comes out to in my state to about 16 million a year..

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/10/mega-millions-payout-calculator-chart-after-tax/

Well only half, that is much better.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 19:52:05
@bobbimay Said

that is not how it works...

If you take the cash option then you get about half of the money then state and federal taxes..the amount depends on your state taxes can be as much as 50 % in total....

but if you take the annuity the full amount will be paid out in 30 years minus taxes...which comes out to in my state to about 16 million a year..

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/10/mega-millions-payout-calculator-chart-after-tax/

The same tax amounts still apply, whether you take the annuity or the lump sum, but yes, before the taxes, you get 1.6 billion over 30 years instead of 1 billion if you take the annuity.

Then come the taxes. Which is about 63% in federal tax (24% special fed tax plus 39% income tax) and 0-10 % in state taxes.

This is how I came to the $300 million lump sum figure. An annuity would make it $480 spread out over 30 years (and weighted towards the end).

Advisors say to take the lump sum because you could easily outgrow the annuity total with investments.

@a777pilot Said

Most lottery winners have had their lives ruined by winning BIG. The vast majority of Americans have no idea how to use money. They only know how to make it be used up. Besides, no one needs a couple of thousand new relatives and old grade school "friends".

The smart play is not to play.

Lives are ruined for two main reasons:

1. Because winners are quick to tell everyone they won before knowing what to do with it or planning, and then the hounds (scammers, strangers, family members, and friends) immediately come after you sucking you into this or that, making it even harder to plan.

The best advice is to put that ticket into a safety deposit box and wait several months, telling NO ONE, and in the meantime talk to reputed financial advisors and have a plan in place and ready to implement before telling the world.

2. There have been studies showing that early retirees don’t know how to live their lives without falling into major major bouts of lethargy, depression, and or feelings of inadequacy. People need to have a job or some kind of regular work that genuinely contributes to society. Hobbies alone, no matter how busy it can make you, does not meet this fulfillment.

My advice would be to, as Chaski and I have mentioned here, is to set up a charitable foundation in which you can roll up your sleeves and get busy working in on a regular basis rather than just immersing yourself into the standard notions of fun all the time.
Fenway On November 05, 2018

none of your business, Missour
#18New Post! Oct 24, 2018 @ 00:57:52
I just bought some tickets. If I win, I will take payout over 20+ years to save on taxes. And I plan on putting it all in savings to fall back on as needed. Ik I'm boring AF but it's better than being broke later.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Oct 24, 2018 @ 10:11:16
what a shocker!

the winner is in south Carolina.

once again, in east coast, most these of so called winners are in small towns that has been in east coast like new jersey in the last 10 years. small prizes are in powerball and mega are in major cities.

I personally have only won 48.00 dollars as high in both games.

in 10 years, I won thousands of dollars not much you think. at least, 10,000 dollars. last year, I lost 400 dollars, but by the end of the year. I won 600.00.

I promise when the lottery get boring with no challenge. I will quit. I only played 18.00 this year, I lost, with no interest in it.

just play double digit on pick 3 & 4. you automatically win 60.00 per game. most popular numbers: 0 2 3 6 9 : most likely: 7 8.

the rest of numbers: 1 4 5 we come up once a month automatically.

the secret: as example; 6 is the key number this month. 66 came up at least 3 times. a double digit numbers per month 2-4-6 per month. you really can't lose.

lottery is very rig - I know last sunday- that nobody in st. louis will ever win because st. louis is major city. big nooo! must be a small town to be a winner.

everybody lost a small town winner- nobody like a big city winner- just fact.

another way- the game was rigged last week- pick 4 -triple digit that happen twice in one day- never happen normal ever, it was rigged. get more suckers play to anti up the pot.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Oct 24, 2018 @ 11:45:52
@twilitezone911 Said

what a shocker!

the winner is in south Carolina.

once again, in east coast, most these of so called winners are in small towns that has been in east coast like new jersey in the last 10 years. small prizes are in powerball and mega are in major cities.

What is the distribution of players?

Presuming the % of players to population is the same across the country, there will be more winners in the east. There are more people there.
I couldn't find a map that wasn't ridiculously big, but google US Population Density.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Oct 24, 2018 @ 12:39:13
@mrmhead Said

What is the distribution of players?

Presuming the % of players to population is the same across the country, there will be more winners in the east. There are more people there.
I couldn't find a map that wasn't ridiculously big, but google US Population Density.

I was going to by the past, what I read from the news. you probably the history of lotter winners, where they located. which the way, you indicated point out that in east, you figure more new York, new jersey, and boston areas.

it is possible, that if lottery rigged by the population because the districts of higher or less voters population. I just guessing. if the winners are not focused in the Midwest not as far Nevada, but at too far fetch, as north or mid-north upper part of usa. some reasons, the middle and Midwest, hardly, winners.

even watching the lottery website twice a day, not random. when there is a double digit number. it might have another double digit. mostly will random. this year allow there are more random numbers per week, and less, double digit. over the years, it more double digit numbers per week to anti up the two major lottery: power and mega.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#22New Post! Oct 26, 2018 @ 20:58:48
Well I obviously didn’t win.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#23New Post! Oct 27, 2018 @ 01:42:16
@Leon Said

Well I obviously didn’t win.

Two days ago I saw an osprey that won a lottery of sorts.... just as the osprey was snatching its meal from the sea, a seal tried to steal it....

Osprey won.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs