Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Sep 12, 2018 @ 16:03:38
@chaski Said

Even if we assume that the above is accurate and good for the USA, it has nothing to do with the Noble Peace Prize.

Maybe Trump will do something worthy of the NPP, doubtful but maybe, hiwever he hasn’t done anything thing worthy of one yet.

The idea that he should get one at this point in time is idiotic.

Note for the Obama haters: No. He should not have gotten one either.

Correction.... I wrote "Nobel Peace Prize" ( )when I should have written the "Nobel Prize in Economics"...

None the less, Trump hasn't done anything worthy of any Nobel prize, including the one for economics.

Trump's trade war with China alone would disqualify him for an award in economics.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Sep 12, 2018 @ 16:10:05
@chaski Said

Correction.... I wrote "Nobel Peace Prize" ( )when I should have written the "Nobel Prize in Economics"...

None the less, Trump hasn't done anything worthy of any Nobel prize, including the one for economics.

I'm sure he thinks he deserves the Peace prize too.
- For not getting into a war he almost started with North Korea
- For not bombing the s*** out of Iran because they didn't want the US to pull out of the Nuclear deal
- For not assassinating Assad and starting a wider, regional war in the Mid-East
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#18New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 00:56:25
@mrmhead Said

Maybe not cost "The US" too much, but it would cost US Companies too much to control pollution.

I mean, really. Chinese factories don't have to spend all kinds of money on pollution control.

(there was a better picture of "yellow smog", but it wouldn't post)

I didn't intend this thread to become a discussion of global warming. I normally don't get involved in it because the two sides never listen to the other side's arguments.

I don't believe that the Heritage Foundation objects to Americans paying to clean up American pollution. They believe that the Paris agreement required the Unites States to pay for cleaning up other countries pollution.

They believe that nobody wants to pay for it, and that in order to get other countries to sign the agreement, the United States in the Obama administration agreed to pay for cleaning other country's pollution.

Is the above true? I don't know, but a lot of people believe it. Environmentalists must find a way to address it whether true or not.

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 01:00:42
@Ghyda Said

I didn't intend this thread to become a discussion of global warming. I normally don't get involved in it because the two sides never listen to the other side's arguments.

I don't believe that the Heritage Foundation objects to Americans paying to clean up American pollution. They believe that the Paris agreement required the Unites States to pay for cleaning up other countries pollution.

They believe that nobody wants to pay for it, and that in order to get other countries to sign the agreement, the United States in the Obama administration agreed to pay for cleaning other country's pollution.

Is the above true? I don't know, but a lot of people believe it. Environmentalists must find a way to address it whether true or not.

Because this is the smoking section of the restaurant.

And this is the "No Peeing Zone" in the pool.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#20New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 03:05:58
@Ghyda Said

That is what is called the bait and switch, and many Americans have taken the bait... hook, line and sinker.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 03:59:34
@Ghyda Said

All countries were asked to go green.

But poorer countries could not afford the changes needed in technology to do so. So, wealthy countries were asked to pay more to help poor countries go green in addition to going green themselves. It was the only way it could work. Either that or we are ALL f***ed.

It may not have been viewed as fair among some of those with a narrow minded, “me first”, “me now” viewpoint, but, again, it was the wealthier developed nations that got us all into this mess in the first place. So we should be obligated to be the ones to help the most in cleaning it up. To ask otherwise would be like a rich farmer destroying the land that many other struggling farmers own and then asking all these other farmers to pay for its repair if they want to farm.

Besides, like I say, bottom line is, we are f***ed otherwise anyways. Science doesn’t care what’s fair. So we can either be the solution or we can just whine and BS about what’s fair or not and all watch our only home go up in flames.
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#22New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 06:07:33
Trump is insane and ruining America one day at a time!!!
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#23New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 16:20:33
@FinchMeister Said

Trump is insane and ruining America one day at a time!!!

It could be worse. Sometimes we all have to take a moment to count our blessings.

Imagine how bad it would be if big tech or big media was covering for him.

Suppose Donald Trump drank (he doesn't drink). So one night he throws a party at a condo and decides to get behind the wheel of his car (he doesn't drive I don't think) with a young lady sitting in the passenger seat. Impaired by alcohol he drives his vehicle off a bridge and his car flips. She's stuck in the car gasping for air, doesn't drown but eventually dies of asphyxiation. Trump escapes the car and swims ashore. Eventually about nine hours later he calls the police and reports the accident. Within days he goes on television and gives his version of the events.

Now, I can tell you if that actually happened to Trump, he would be removed from office and likely prosecuted and put on house arrest if not prison time. And, that's what ought to happen. Because Trump ran as Republican and nods to the right this is the treatment he would get.

Not so if he put a D instead of an R behind his name.

The "Lion of the Senate" remained in office for a very very long time and it was because of his political capital and family name.

Nothing the Bushes 41 or 43 did comes even close.

Thank God we don't put up with Republicans doing that kind of garbage.

Be it an aversion to organized religion (think Ralph Reed or Jerry Falwell) or just a self-loathing masochism lots of Ameria shriek from any concept of "Make America Great Again" and in so doing will never ever give Trump a break.

That makes me feel good because I don't want any executive (any politician) to have enough popular currency to ever again react the way they did to Chappaquidd***.

**I admit I just saw the movie last week**

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 16:38:34
@gakINGKONG Said

It could be worse. Sometimes we all have to take a moment to count our blessings.

Imagine how bad it would be if big tech or big media was covering for him.

Suppose Donald Trump drank (he doesn't drink). So one night he throws a party at a condo and decides to get behind the wheel of his car (he doesn't drive I don't think) with a young lady sitting in the passenger seat. Impaired by alcohol he drives his vehicle off a bridge and his car flips. She's stuck in the car gasping for air, doesn't drown but eventually dies of asphyxiation. Trump escapes the car and swims ashore. Eventually about nine hours later he calls the police and reports the accident. Within days he goes on television and gives his version of the events.

Now, I can tell you if that actually happened to Trump, he would be removed from office and likely prosecuted and put on house arrest if not prison time. And, that's what ought to happen. Because Trump ran as Republican and nods to the right this is the treatment he would get.

The "Lion of the Senate" remained in office for a very very long time and it was because of his political capital and family name.

Nothing the Bushes 41 or 43 did comes even close.

Thank God we don't put up with Republicans doing that kind of garbage.

Be it an aversion to organized religion (think Ralph Reed or Jerry Falwell) or just a self-loathing masochism lots of Ameria shriek from any concept of "Make America Great Again" and in so doing will never ever give Trump a break.

That makes me feel good because I don't want any executive (any politician) to have enough popular currency to ever again react the way they did to Chappaquidd***.

**I admit I just saw the movie last week**

How is that ruining the the environment?
How is that effecting companies to make decisions to move manufacturing out of the states?
How is that almost starting a war with a nuclear-armed nut bag?
How is that almost ordering the assassination of the leader of another country?

A woman in a car, dead at the bottom of a lake is hardly a national or global crisis.

...I'm sure Putin or Kim has done worse.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#25New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 18:20:24
@mrmhead Said

How is that ruining the the environment?
How is that effecting companies to make decisions to move manufacturing out of the states?
How is that almost starting a war with a nuclear-armed nut bag?
How is that almost ordering the assassination of the leader of another country?

A woman in a car, dead at the bottom of a lake is hardly a national or global crisis.

...I'm sure Putin or Kim has done worse.

Reports on Trump are 90% negative. He isn't doing that badly but that's not really the point.

My point is that negative media coverage could slow down the level of destruction a president could do especially now since big tech / big media is less friendly to Trump and his party.

At least when the voters go to the polls they'll have knowledge plastered on social media of all the bad things he's done.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 20:11:35
@gakINGKONG Said

Looks like maybe you have a problem with the State of Massachusetts.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#27New Post! Oct 03, 2018 @ 11:40:58
@Ghyda Said

Yeah, and other presidents have had some odd behavior.

President Trump, like President Adams, can't keep his mouth shut. He gets into fights in which the president should not handle, like Andrew Jackson firing cabinet officials because their wives would not socialize with another official's wife. He also has trouble with spelling, something like Theodore Roosevelt.

And I do think that if President Trump were to receive a Noble Prize for Economics, not inviting him to the awards ceremony may have some merit.

As long as Trump has his twitter tweets he don't need any prize, he just needs everyone who is on twitter to kow tow to him and his life will be wonderful
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! Oct 04, 2018 @ 00:43:11
@white_swan53 Said

As long as Trump has his twitter tweets he don't need any prize, he just needs everyone who is on twitter to kow tow to him and his life will be wonderful

Welcome back White Swan... you have been missed.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#29New Post! Oct 04, 2018 @ 03:53:55
@chaski Said

Welcome back White Swan... you have been missed.

Thank you , I'm glad to finally be back here .
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#30New Post! Oct 05, 2018 @ 16:34:29
It's not Trump that's deranged, it's everyone else! We know because he says so himself. And who better to tell us to stop acting crazy than a genuine psychopath like himself? But is what we're feeling Trump Derangement Syndrome or Trump Anxiety Disorder?

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs