Mildred Pierce

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#1New Post! Jul 24, 2018 @ 00:32:29
I have watched a couple of episodes of an HBO miniseries, Mildred Pierce

IMDB

The movie set for inside Mildred's living room has a set of The Great Books of the Western World.

Is this possible? Some of my other friends and relations insist Britannica published The Great Books of the Western World in the 1950's, and Mildred's story happened in the 1930's.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 24, 2018 @ 00:40:58
@Ghyda Said

I have watched a couple of episodes of an HBO miniseries, Mildred Pierce

IMDB

The movie set for inside Mildred's living room has a set of The Great Books of the Western World.

Is this possible? Some of my other friends and relations insist Britannica published The Great Books of the Western World in the 1950's, and Mildred's story happened in the 1930's.

Good catch - I glanced at the IMDB page and didn't see any bloopers or errors page. Sometimes they have notes on conflicts like that. I did see it is a remake. The original couldn't have made that mistake.

Make a comment in IMDB referencing such! See if anyone else noticed.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jul 24, 2018 @ 00:52:25
this is a brilliant tv mini-series to highly recommend it.

a brilliant emmy performance by kate winslet, she really nailed this role. I have seen the original version of this movie. I remember it was good, it about 30 years ago, when I saw it with joan Crawford as the star.

I give this mini series, 4 stars out of 4 stars. must see.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#4New Post! Jul 25, 2018 @ 00:47:55
@mrmhead Said

Good catch - I glanced at the IMDB page and didn't see any bloopers or errors page. Sometimes they have notes on conflicts like that. I did see it is a remake. The original couldn't have made that mistake.

Make a comment in IMDB referencing such! See if anyone else noticed.

Of course, I want to know if someone might have published the books in an earlier version, but I have too many passwords to remember already. If you already have an IMDB account, maybe you could ask about it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jul 25, 2018 @ 03:10:42
@Ghyda Said

Of course, I want to know if someone might have published the books in an earlier version, but I have too many passwords to remember already. If you already have an IMDB account, maybe you could ask about it.

I don't an imdb account, I don't think you need a password for it. I can find anything on it, without an account. imbd does have search mode, most of information, they use other sources like wiki.

did you know joan and Christine ( joan's daughter ) has the same password for their computerS. their password is: COAT HANGER.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs