Q & A

What Would You Do?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jul 19, 2018 @ 17:21:01
So due to really bad circumstances and a hectic schedule, I’ve been struggling making it to my evening Graphic Design class. When I do make it, I don’t learn nothing, and when it comes to certain things, all the professor does is shoot down my ideas. When given projects, he tells us we have 3 hours to come up with 20 sketches of “original ideas” for the project. This current project is called opposites attract. We have to use Beauty through the Ages as the lead idea. So we have to find historic and modern beauty. The title we have to use is Ugly. I attempted to think out the box and not use historic female figures who weren’t known for their beauty and make them look beautiful, or use historic figures and utilize modern beauty methods (i.e. Helen of Troy in a tanning booth). He told me that might not be appropriate enough. I don’t want to use modern models and celebrities known for their physical attraction. I feel it loses the sense of originality and imagination. He claims I need it to speak to the artists, how can I give them a message if I follow the same route as everyone else? On top of that he complained of my attendance. I want to reply and tell him he’s not being as helpful, but that won’t help me. What would you do?
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 21, 2018 @ 18:58:14
I'd say cut the class if you can, it's clearly not a priority in your life and appears to be adding extra stress and hassle. It would seem the professor has taken umbrage at the poor attendance so is therefore not fully supporting you as he probably thinks you are either trying to coast along in the class or that you yourself aren't fully engaged.

Explain your situation to him first, he may just think you are lazy and not realise you have a genuine need to have skipped classes. If he is still unsupportive afterwards then ditch the class as chances are he's not going to give you a good enough grade at the end to pass it anyways
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 22, 2018 @ 02:06:19
@cole Said

I'd say cut the class if you can, it's clearly not a priority in your life and appears to be adding extra stress and hassle. It would seem the professor has taken umbrage at the poor attendance so is therefore not fully supporting you as he probably thinks you are either trying to coast along in the class or that you yourself aren't fully engaged.

Explain your situation to him first, he may just think you are lazy and not realise you have a genuine need to have skipped classes. If he is still unsupportive afterwards then ditch the class as chances are he's not going to give you a good enough grade at the end to pass it anyways

I will do that. I did check his rating on rateyourprofessor.com.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs