The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

My wife wants a divorce because I’m barren.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sadhusband On July 17, 2018

Phoenix AZ, Arizona
#1New Post! Jul 17, 2018 @ 08:15:08
For almost two months, my wife and I had been arguing over bearing a child. We have been dating for three years after meeting at dream tours for singles event and married for a year and half. When I told her I am barren after several check-ups, she was disappointed. I know she will be because she loves kids so much and I won’t be able to give her such. However, I did not expect her to reach this far. I thought she would try to understand me since I never want this anyway. I told her we should try over and over again. She agreed and we did. But she gave up this time. Last night, she said she will file a divorce pretty soon. I understand her point, really; it’s just too devastating for me. I want to stop her; I actually did. Yet, I know she will live unhappily with me if I force her to stay and I don’t want that. So, should I go for the divorce or talk to her once more?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jul 17, 2018 @ 12:00:48
As much as it hurts, you need to come to terms with letting her go. I know how much that may suck, and talking to her is fine (and you should) but don't go into a conversation with her expecting her to change her mind.

In time, after a period of reflection, you'll start finding that you might want to move on and find a woman who doesn't want children, or maybe someone who has a child already and doesn't want any more. There are good things ahead if you want them, but you won't get them by trying to chain someone to you who you believe can't be happy with you. Ultimately, it will make both of you unhappy.

Hang in there.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jul 17, 2018 @ 20:02:07
Have the two of you discussed other options for children?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 01:29:52
Are you truly "barren" or just have ED (you don't have to answer... that was a rhetorical question).

It you are "barren", you don't have the little marines.... if you have ED, you have the little marines, but can't get them to the landing zone.

If you have a "low sperm count", you might be able to use in vitro fertilization.

So, again... rhetorical....

1. You and wife have great sex, just no little marines.... what about adoption...?

2. You and wife have great sex, but not enough little marines... in vitro fertilization.

3. You have enough little marines, but not enough hydraulics... either in vitro fertilization or therapy for the ED.

PS
From personal experience (not relative to fertility, but relative to relationships): At this early point in your relationship, it might be time to cut and run. Pretty women are a dime a dozen. Wonderful women (and wonderful people) are more rare. Look for a woman that is your "cosmic" partner... she may not be "pretty" but she will be beautiful and will be the half of you that you never knew existed.

You will survive.

If you must, move on now.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 03:19:20
Adoption isn’t an option?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 11:32:56
Adoption
In vitro
Donor
Surrogate (would that apply here?)
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 11:54:00
@chaski Said

PS
From personal experience (not relative to fertility, but relative to relationships): At this early point in your relationship, it might be time to cut and run. Pretty women are a dime a dozen. Wonderful women (and wonderful people) are more rare. Look for a woman that is your "cosmic" partner... she may not be "pretty" but she will be beautiful and will be the half of you that you never knew existed.

This. A person who cannot be ugly is not a beautiful person. I firmly believe that.
Sabreena On October 16, 2018

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
#8New Post! Aug 24, 2018 @ 03:15:25
As a woman who loves children I also want to get pregnant and have a child of my own.We think that life is unfair to us but sometimes there is a blessing in disguise. Let her find her happiness and part as best friends. Don't be any grudge between the two of you. In return God will grant you your happiness too. Love is when the other's happiness is more important than your own.Someday you'll look back and understand why it all happened the way it did.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs