FIFA World Cup 2018

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#31New Post! Jul 06, 2018 @ 01:01:31
@chaski Said

Soccer can be a tough sport to watch... especially for Americans who are used to "American football" and basketball... in soccer there is a lot of action, but it isn't a "high scoring" game.

Of course anyone who is a baseball fan and complains about a lack of action in a soccer game, is a nitwit... I like baseball, but the only other sports on planet earth that will put me to sleep are golf and NASCAR... though the truth of it is NASCAR puts me into a dream like trance.

I played soccer from age 12 (started in Iceland of all places) to 36... youth leagues to NCAA to men's leagues... until I tore my ACL...

As a child my sports heroes were Georgie Best, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, everyone on the Italian National team... and of course Pele... and others...

(Though don't get me wrong, I was a huge Minnesota Vikings fan and also loved both the Pittsburgh Pirates... Roberto Clemente.

and was also a fan of the Oakland A's... Rollie Fingers, Vida Blue, et al )

Anyway, I digress... I Love the beautiful game.

Here is a great shot for you... one of my favorites... Brazil vs France... Roberto Carlos... the shot comes at about 54 seconds into the video...

It's not just about scoring. I've watched a few that are exciting to see the ebb and flow of the game, even if there was no score. And if it's low scoring - that makes it even more tense.

Golf, yes - Baseball, yes. (boring to watch)
But I watch NASCAR - yes some of them can get pretty boring, but you can watch pit strategies to either play the yellows, or play the gas game - besides speed. And drafting, bumping, pushing...etc. It's more than just driving in circles waiting for a wreck.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Jul 06, 2018 @ 01:46:18
@mrmhead Said

It's not just about scoring. I've watched a few that are exciting to see the ebb and flow of the game, even if there was no score. And if it's low scoring - that makes it even more tense.

Golf, yes - Baseball, yes. (boring to watch)
But I watch NASCAR - yes some of them can get pretty boring, but you can watch pit strategies to either play the yellows, or play the gas game - besides speed. And drafting, bumping, pushing...etc. It's more than just driving in circles waiting for a wreck.

You are a wise and insightful man Mr M Head.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs