Writing

If you were to write a book

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 00:34:09
Sometimes I get a central core of an idea that could branch out to create a story ....

I don't know if this has been done, but ...

A group of people promise to be each others alibi for a night for each of them to do something <off the grid>, individually.

What does each of them do?
What is the premise of the alibi? (weekly poker game?)
Is it all on one night, or one night for one member?
What lead to this / who are they?

.. but I'm too lazy to fill in the blanks.

Kind of a play on The Rope by Hitchcock?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Sep 13, 2018 @ 02:56:47
Ok... here are my two books....

1. It is 2019. The people of Puerto Rico are still suffering from H. Maria. They pissed. Some guy (puerto rican) organizes virtually the entire island to move to the mainland USA... and specifically areas that Trump will need to get re-elected... they register to vote... it is all legal... they swing the US vote... then realize that they can be a mobile voting force that can nearly control elections

2. It is roughly 10 years from now... so 2028... China has too many people... they take huge oil tankers... retro fit them to be livable... for people... for a short period of time... they have a few hundred of these tankers.... each can hold thousands of people... they sail them to the U.S. west coast... one morning (preferably a foggy morning)... these ships begin to run aground... the USA now has tens of thousands of people... hundreds of thousands... maybe a few million... who are here... on our shore... etc
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#18New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 19:36:20
I would love to write a book about migraines one day because I have them all the time...
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#19New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 00:17:09
Once upon a time ...yada, yada, yada ...and they lived happily ever after.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 06:27:51
@Erimitus Said

Once upon a time ...yada, yada, yada ...and they lived happily ever after.

Awwwww.... You've given away the ending.

It's said that everybody has a novel in them. I'm not sure what mine would be. I think I might enjoy writing something with a historic sweep to it, similar to Edward Rutherfurd's novels such as The Forest or Sarum.

His books weave a connected series of short stories that enables different characters, plots and situations to meld into one around a common location at various points in its history.

"The Forest" in question is the New Forest in Hampshire. "Sarum" is Salisbury in Wiltshire. New York begins with a Dutch fur trapper returning to New Amsterdam, down the Hudson with his furs, bringing with him the child of his relationship with a native woman. The story chronicles the descendants of his line as they live through events, real and fictional all the way up to 11 September 2001.

I think I would go for writing something of that sort....

The Forest by Edward Rutherford
josh On August 06, 2021

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 19:05:46
if i wrote a book about my life so far, i have no doubt it would be a best seller - filled with the craziest stories not even the most creative mind could think of
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#22New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 19:16:28
If could write a book I would call it:

"Little Jimmmy Goes to Church -- the 2018 coloring book version"

Then, I would essentially borrow all the themes and images from the original Little Jimmmy Goes to Church classic story and turn it into a coloring book.

Spectacular minds think alike.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs