News & Current Events

Space Force

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 21:01:45
Trump orders establishment of 'space force' as 6th branch of military (courtesy FoxNews).

“We are going to have a space force,” Trump said in Washington D.C. “An Air Force and a Space Force. Separate, but equal.”

Not equal to the Army or Navy... but at least equal to the Air Force.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#2New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 22:44:06
This idea goes back to at least the year 2000.

What ever navy the United States had during the Revolutionary War must have been part of the Continental Army, under Washington's command.

During the World Wars, the Air Force was part of the Army. As of Right now Space operations are part of the Air Force Space Command, something like the Army Air Corps during World War Two.

If the Air Force has anything to say about it, separating a Space Force may have something in common with a root canal.

“The Pentagon is complicated enough,” Heather Wilson, the Air Force secretary, told reporters last June. “This will make it more complex, add more boxes to the organization chart, and cost more money. If I had more money, I would put it into lethality, not bureaucracy.”

Lethality? Is that really a word?

Some members of Congress think it is a good idea, so it could happen, just like the Navy being split out of the army and the Air Force being split out of the Army.

The Atlantic
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#3New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 22:52:24
@Ghyda Said

IF the Air Force has anything to say about it, separating a Space Force may have something in common with a root canal.

At the present the Air Force has a “space command”... the Air Force’s mission covers everything above the ground..up into “space”...

I agree with you, “they” might not like this change.

A change like this would increase the size of the government and add staff at all levels from general or admiral down to the lowest private or seamen or space cadet... equipment, weapons, etc...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:00:30
“I’m hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the Armed Forces.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to conduct a feasibility study before they just establish redundancy and confusion?

.. but then it may not be done in time for Trump to appoint his cronies into the top spots.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:04:22
@mrmhead Said

“I’m hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the Armed Forces.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to conduct a feasibility study before they just establish redundancy and confusion?

.. but then it may not be done in time for Trump to appoint his cronies into the top spots.

It is a way of draining the swamp... send them to outer space.

Of course if "we" make a space military department, there is no way that China or Russia would make one... oh... wait... we have to use Russia to get to space...

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:11:05
@chaski Said
... oh... wait... we have to use Russia to get to space...

Or Elon Musk (soon?)
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:15:03
@mrmhead Said

Or Elon Musk (soon?)

I think he just laid off a bunch of employees...

Anaheim, California
#8New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:15:57
@mrmhead Said

According to the Atlantic article, "The concept of an armed service dedicated to space first emerged in earnest in 2000, as a recommendation from a military-reform commission led by Donald Rumsfeld, but was quickly forgotten after 9/11. It reappeared in earnest last summer, when House lawmakers proposed legislation that would direct the Defense Department to create a 'space corps' as a new military service inside the Air Force. The proposed agency would absorb the responsibilities of the U.S. Air Force Space Command, a unit inside the Air Force that supports most of the country’s military operations in space. 'The military has not done a good enough job looking after space with all its other distracting priorities,' Representative Jim Cooper, a Tennessee Democrat, argued."

The Atlantic

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:20:57
@chaski Said

I think he just laid off a bunch of employees...

That was Tesla (I think) .. Space X seems to be doing OK ... I think I read a few things are behind schedule, .. but what isn't these days.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:27:31
@Ghyda Said
House lawmakers proposed legislation that would direct the Defense Department to create a 'space corps' as a new military service inside the Air Force. The proposed agency would absorb the responsibilities of the U.S. Air Force Space Command, a unit inside the Air Force that supports most of the country’s military operations in space. 'The military has not done a good enough job looking after space with all its other distracting priorities,' Representative Jim Cooper, a Tennessee Democrat, argued."

The Atlantic

(I didn't get that far in the article before I was distracted)

That would make more sense. Like the Marines are a part of the Navy (shh.. don't tell the jarheads)

Anaheim, California
#11New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:30:35
@chaski Said

At the present the Air Force has a “space command”... the Air Force’s mission covers everything above the ground..up into “space”...

I agree with you, “they” might not like this change.

A change like this would increase the size of the government and add staff at all levels from general or admiral down to the lowest private or seamen or space cadet... equipment, weapons, etc...

I doubt that I have the qualifications to have an opinion, but I did notice that the congressman quoted in the Atlantic article was a Democrat; maybe one who would like a Space Port built in his home state.

If they do build a space port while Trump is president, they might put on the northern tip of Long Island, just like the Johnson Administration built one in Texas.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Jun 18, 2018 @ 23:42:10
@Ghyda Said

I doubt that I have the qualifications to have an opinion

Maybe not... on the other hand, you could aspire to being one of the 1st Space Cadets.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jun 19, 2018 @ 00:53:49
in 60's, russia was to be the first shoot a spaceship to the sun, but they can only launch at night.

in russia in 60's, this is very top secret that the government just going to release now about " space race in 60's ".

" project: jaws " russia that was has launched into space in 50's, before america sent up apollo 11 to the moon. russia sent a spaceship with short range ability that launched from japan. this spaceship was named " jaws ", it designed to captured satellites or anything in space except for asteroids, comets, and metorities.

to beat america in space race, russia used jaws to destory any attempt to let america beat them.

this never before video explain everything:

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Jun 19, 2018 @ 01:42:47
more americans accept this idea, because instead having put more funds into nasa to send more probes and eventually colonizing moon or even mars.

it probably more expensive and somewhat unnecessary in future, do we need explore another planets? if venus are reality, because the effect of the greenhouse effect in next 100 years.

why bozo assume that is a great idea that even if another country launch nuclear strike in the atmosphere or bozo won't need the red button to press.

he use satellites launch nuclear strike from space. bozo use this for example on russia:

of course, bozo have a military force in the space defend us from russia or martians.

this how bozo have a military force in space look like:

the sad part probably that americans or at least, republian congress and military would approve this in an heartbeat.

Anaheim, California
#15New Post! Jun 24, 2018 @ 13:05:14
Here is an actual mission for the Space Force.

[url=blob:https://www.aol.com/714cfa7b-ff13-4b19-8f6e-b87bb4ec8a6f]AOL[/url]

Searching for dangerous asteroids, or at least defending Earth against them, although the video may have nothing that someone could not find on YouTube.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs