The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Entertainment

Trailers of Today

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
How you feel about Movie Trailers today?
Love them!!!
Don't care/Don't watch them
Strongly dislike them...
View Results
Crystallynn1892 On May 26, 2018

San Diego, California
#1New Post! May 25, 2018 @ 20:37:41
Hello people!

We are gathered here today to discuss an issue of mine. I just got done watching several movie trailers of movies that can be considered incredibly popular. Incredibly popular meaning many people are hyped about it. I get the whole teaser's teaser trailer thing. Yep, that wasn't a mistake, it's basically a quick preview of the teaser trailer. I get it, we are hyping people up. The teaser itself? Not bad. Depending on the topic, it might get a quick tear out of me or some random emotion. The teasers or the teaser's teaser are not the issues here. The issue here is what the official trailer has become.

If you were to watch the trailers for Dwayne Johnson's Skyscraper or Ewan McGregor's Christopher Robin, both coming out in 2018, I would not be surprised if after watching the trailers you will respond by saying: "Well - that was a/an (adjective) movie." It is as if you just got done watching the whole thing! They gave so much away! These aren't the only trailers, there are more!

I have heard countless times in these past several years how movie trailers nowadays give too much away. At times I would agree but after this past week, I find myself speechless. At first I thought it is because I already know a lot about the story. Not the case! I wish I could just run up to Hollywood, find the people that make trailers and just shout: "STOP WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TIME!"

This topic has consumed me more than I feel it should. I need a reality check. Let's pretend for a moment that this is actually a big deal. Have movie trailers of today really taken a turn for the worse or is there still hope? When was the last time you have seen a decent trailer. One that captured your attention and provided enough information but not enough to give the whole story away?

Let me know!

Thank you!
Tigerstar7 On February 03, 2024

#2New Post! Jun 14, 2018 @ 06:09:24
Modern trailers I find annoying. They always do the thing where someone covers a classic song, slows it down, adds loud and echoey drums and pianos to overemphasize drama. I've gotten quite tired of it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jun 14, 2018 @ 22:06:21
it used to be movie trailers that ran on tv as commercials, even everyday for 25 times a day for 6 to 8 weeks weeks helped the movie.

for example, " solo a star war story " that today, it just make 158 millions since it was released. it is a big flopper at box office.

two reasons, why it is a big flopper at the box office:

to make only 158 million, the story sucks to watch. possible, too many unknown actors that can't act. I have not see it, or I can wait for dvd awhile to see it.

releasing a second star wars movie too early ( less than six months apart. ) after one was already released in December.

in general, movie trailers usually put out their best scenes in their trailers, and when you see it. something, it was worthy going see the rest of the movie in theater.

another problem with movie trailer, help the movie consider to win the Oscar. not the best picture, but best song. most of the trailers, put their theme songs in it, because sometimes that only reason, why you go to see the movie in the first place.

one of most interest and most movie franchises of all times, are " james bonds " franchise that bond movie is release the trailer will start slowing building to the famous bond theme.

in the movie, most of the bond's theme songs are nominated for best song. some of them , win the Oscars.

interesting, most of movies don't do that only a bond movies do. their movies literally separate at the beginning the song that they want audience to remember first that would nominate first. also recognizing the singer from the movie.

this way , they build up to james bond theme song slowly that are famous for during the movie.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs