Rants & Raves

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2018 @ 14:31:42
So my friend goes to a private university out west. We are both Marine Corps Veterans. This past weekend, he was ina training exercise with a bunch of the ROTC students there. He played bad guy the entire weekend. After that weekend, he got a feeling of nostalgia. He’s also drinking (not sipping) the military kool-aid again. Now he’s trying to convince me to go officer with him. While it sounds good it’s not in my plans and it’s really ticking me off that he keeps trying to tell me it’s a good idea. I had my time in the Marine Corps. I don’t need to go anywhere else. I wish he would just shut up about it. It’s aggravating because we had plans and now he’s ruining it because he “misses” the Marine Corps. If the Corps needed us, it would have made sure we stayed active duty.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2018 @ 21:43:04
If he wants to go back, he can go back. I get that he doesn't wanna go in alone, but he can't expect you to just pack up and go with him, especially if you don't want to.

It'd be a different story if you were called into service, but otherwise unless you wanted to, you shouldn't be forced into going.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 01:00:25
I just don’t see the point in going back. Even if I did, I won’t go past Reservist. There’s a goal that I want to reach.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#4New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 05:14:32
If you want to go in then do so but I would certainly not let anyone "push" you into doing so, sounds to me as if he is missing his former days.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#5New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 20:20:16
You both sound like teenagers.

Neither of you will be together in life for long (unless you are a couple, in which case, I apologize).
Otherwise, you will both marry, have your jobs, wives, kids and lives. You will see one another only when you have any spare time.

'Friends' respect each other's wishes and boundaries. Besides, he can't expect you to go along holding his hand through life. He has to make his own choices. 'Friends' grow apart to a large degree, if not completely, that is just 'life', and it's a fact. Once you marry or start having relationships. It's the marital partner we make our 'decisions' with. Not our friends. That was high school.

If you never plan on marrying and neither does he, this thread makes perfect sense.
I guess.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 20:51:45
Nostalgia? Maybe he's harking back to an earlier time when you were closer and there wasn't so much distance between you both? No one likes growing up but it must be done and as social circles change through location or employment invariably older friendships die. I went to high school about 70 miles from where i now live which isn't a great distance but i keep in touch with 2 people from school and even then it's just the occasional whatsapp
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 23:38:31
A lot of times it depends on he flavor of the cool-aid. The living conditions for an officer are far better than your average grunt in he mud. You, as I understand it, already have a life plan. Interested to hear about your choice though it seems to me you have already made it. And, again, of course, thanks for your service.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Apr 25, 2018 @ 23:54:53
Don't fear the Kool Aid.

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 00:17:32
@chaski Said

Don't fear the Kool Aid.

I read that book twice in my late 20's, right now, I can't anything about it. I remember the pictures in it a little.

don't let the title fool you, it hasn't do with Kool-Aid.

when I was a kid and a teenager, I love bugjuice at camp. it was cherry Kool-Aid. the bugjuice had horseflies . I am joking, usually, the tenth horsefly, you swallow or eat, it taste pretty good. my twelve hoursefly, you hardly, hear the crunchies between teeth. they taste good with tangy, too.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 01:01:48
@twilitezone911 Said

I read that book twice in my late 20's, right now, I can't anything about it.

You can't remember because you participated...

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 01:38:08
@chaski Said

You can't remember because you participated...

I know it about drugs, but I enjoyed the book. but the paperback that, I read. the paperback taste like crap, so I couldn't ate the book. so, I smoke, instead.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 20:22:20
He joined the reserves and got stationed in West Palm. He still plans on moving down here.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs