The power of TFS

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#16New Post! Apr 27, 2018 @ 09:34:41
@cole Said

I've long been a user of this site through the years. I've came and went, posted and been absent for long periods of time. This site has always afforded me the chance to speak my mind, crazy as it may be. No one ever judges, people disagree but it has always been a safe haven to speak your thoughts. To have decent, reasonable, meaningful conversation regardless if people do not support your hypothesis or ravings. It's a shame people don't see that more and join in the debate. Where else do you find this? Facebook? full of ads, twitter? full of disgruntled people not actually sure what disgruntled them

TFS, the original social media.....Long may it continue.

The fact that most can post anonymously has it's built-in problems. There additional considerations to consider when one feels as though he is untouchable.

We are a cursed generation, isolated by the technology which was supposed to bring us together.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#17New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 04:29:44
@gakINGKONG Said

The fact that most can post anonymously has it's built-in problems. There additional considerations to consider when one feels as though he is untouchable.

We are a cursed generation, isolated by the technology which was supposed to bring us together.

We are only anonymous because we choose to be ( who is gakINGKONG really or Demented for that matter ??? )being on a forum site gives us that choice.

You last line "we are a cursed generation " WELLLLLL , I see that as being entirely your own fault, being older than you are , I see people sitting with their heads bent with a blank stare on their faces looking at the screen on their phones and they are in groups.

The art of conversation between the young generations is either dying or damned near dead , well at least that's what it appears to be. The technology of today is meant to make life easier and it does, but once it's totally embraced as being the be all and end all of everything we turn ourselves into mindless entities that lose something of ourselves and possibly haven't a clue what it is or was.

Locking the door to the crypt again..............Bye
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs