Breaking: Trump Approves Airstrikes Against Syria

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#1New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 02:35:39
US, French, and British forces launch coordinated bombing campaign
Zero Hedge - April 13, 2018

President Trump has now confirmed that in a combined operation with France and UK, a military strike is now under way against Syria…

With two Tomahawk-capable destroyers in The Mediterranean Sea, and following “highly confident” intel that Syria launched the chemical attack, NYTimes reports that President Trump is expected to make a statement about Syria on Friday evening at the White House, an administration official said.

Additionally, Gateway Pundit’s Josh Caplan reports that Vice President Mike Pence was seen “‘rushing back” to his hotel in Peru amid speculation about possible U.S. military action in Syria.

The Donald Cook and The Winston Churchill are capable of carrying up to 150 Tomahawk missiles between them (last April Trump fired 59 Tomahawks into Syria).
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 03:17:18
@Sandrocksonic Said

US, French, and British forces launch coordinated bombing campaign
Zero Hedge - April 13, 2018

President Trump has now confirmed that in a combined operation with France and UK, a military strike is now under way against Syria…

With two Tomahawk-capable destroyers in The Mediterranean Sea, and following “highly confident” intel that Syria launched the chemical attack, NYTimes reports that President Trump is expected to make a statement about Syria on Friday evening at the White House, an administration official said.

Additionally, Gateway Pundit’s Josh Caplan reports that Vice President Mike Pence was seen “‘rushing back” to his hotel in Peru amid speculation about possible U.S. military action in Syria.

The Donald Cook and The Winston Churchill are capable of carrying up to 150 Tomahawk missiles between them (last April Trump fired 59 Tomahawks into Syria).

Yeah! Trump is doing what he told Obama not to do!
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#3New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 03:53:11
It should be a little more clear that he's ordering strikes on the Syrian government that has used chemical weapons on their own people.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 04:55:15
@newcarscent7 Said

It should be a little more clear that he's ordering strikes on the Syrian government that has used chemical weapons on their own people.

You don't think that is obvious?
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#5New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 05:31:01
@chaski Said

You don't think that is obvious?

I think people are taking it out of context. I was just tagged in a massive facebook post where people were claiming WW3 is about to start. I blame misleading headlines and people who don't actually read the articles.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 05:38:54
@newcarscent7 Said

where people were claiming WW3 is about to start. I blame misleading headlines and people who don't actually read the articles.

Yes.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 05:59:55
Oh... and Trump says strikes "targeted Assad's chemical weapons capability".

Hmmm... so that's where Saddam hid his WMDs... and apparently we knew it all along, as we knew just were to bomb them now...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#8New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 06:02:52
BREAKING NEWS

Syrian government will see this as a victory
>>Analysis from CNN's Frederik Pleitgen in Beirut, Lebanon<<

I have been in Syria 20 times including with the Russian military and on 18 Syrian government visas.

The Syrian government will see this as a major victory. Three facilities were targeted but their air defenses appear to have managed to take out at least some of the missiles that were fired toward them and the Syrian military's capabilities have in no way been depleted.

Before the strikes there was grave concern that the US might conduct a wider-ranging air campaign which could endanger the Syrian military and perhaps even influence the civil war, which government forces have been winning since the Russians entered the scene.

It seems these strikes were more symbolic than anything else.

Hmmm....

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 12:40:02
@newcarscent7 Said

I think people are taking it out of context. I was just tagged in a massive facebook post where people were claiming WW3 is about to start. I blame misleading headlines and people who don't actually read the articles.

I blame social media.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 12:41:51
@newcarscent7 Said

They didn't target the Syrian Gov't or Assad. They targeted just the facilities used for chemical weapons and rocket/missile development.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 18:58:53
I think around 100-105 missiles are fired, Syrian defenses took out 13.

The Russians didn't deploy their missile defense systems that are in the country.

US, France, UK took out 3 targets, minimal casualties, the Russians would've been briefed to get any personnel out of the way.

I don't think it goes far enough as there are estimated 50 storage facilities where Sarin/Chlorine are being stored.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs