Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Apr 13, 2018 @ 20:21:08
Is "Catch and Kill" legal?
Is "Hush money" legal?

I understand there are all kinds of circumstances around those that could be illegal, but at its most basic premise, are those activities legal or illegal in themselves?
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Apr 13, 2018 @ 22:03:12
@mrmhead Said

Is "Catch and Kill" legal?
Is "Hush money" legal?

I understand there are all kinds of circumstances around those that could be illegal, but at its most basic premise, are those activities legal or illegal in themselves?

My understanding is that at a basic level they are legal.

They become illegal when they involve keeping people quite about being a witness to a crime (witness tampering), they are done with campaign funds, the funds are not reported or reported incorrectly to the IRS, the people giving or receiving the money are government employees.... etc

Of course it appears that Cohen was involve in a lot more than just making legal hush puppy payments.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Apr 14, 2018 @ 00:22:17
Apparently Trump has more to worry about this than the Mueller investigation, each of which is apparently independent of each other (for the time being).

And rightfully so, given that it involves the sexual harassment allegations and coverups, which any reasonable observer knows is probably not BS.

And I may be jumping ahead of myself here, as we don’t know much yet, but given the reaction and vitriol resulting from this, it may get the result Democrats are hoping for more so than the Russian investigation will.
Stalker

#19New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 16:13:31
And now in a BRILLIANT move, Trump has said that Cohen "represented" him (Trump) in the Stormy Daniels matter.

So what? one might ask.

>>> If Cohen committed a crime in this matter, and that is exactly what the FBI and DOJ are looking into, Trump has just tied himself to Cohen's (potentially) illegal actions.<<<

So what? one might ask.

>>> Well, if Cohen committed an illegal act for Trump, there is no attorney client privilege for their communications relative to that illegal act. <<<

Why? one might ask.

>>> Because it would be a criminal conspiracy, not an attorney - client relationship. <<<

As usual, Trump is his own worst enemy...he really needs to learn how to shut his stupid mouth.

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 16:24:39
@chaski Said

And now in a BRILLIANT move, Trump has said that Cohen "represented" him (Trump) in the Stormy Daniels matter.

So what? one might ask.

>>> If Cohen committed a crime in this matter, and that is exactly what the FBI and DOJ are looking into, Trump has just tied himself to Cohen's (potentially) illegal actions.<<<

So what? one might ask.

>>> Well, if Cohen committed an illegal act for Trump, there is no attorney client privilege for their communications relative to that illegal act. <<<

Why? one might ask.

>>> Because it would be a criminal conspiracy, not an attorney - client relationship. <<<

As usual, Trump is his own worst enemy. ..he really needs to learn how to shut his stupid mouth.

Like Cohen: "I will plead the 5th"

Nobody did anything wrong in these witch hunts, yet certain parties are pleading the 5th, asking for immunity, and cutting deals.
Stalker

#21New Post! Apr 26, 2018 @ 16:32:22
@mrmhead Said

Like Cohen: "I will plead the 5th"

Nobody did anything wrong in these witch hunts, yet certain parties are pleading the 5th, asking for immunity, and cutting deals.

...and being indicted...

Nothing but a chicken farm fire, keep on mov'n ma'am.

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! May 11, 2018 @ 16:25:53
AT&T, among other companies, are apologizing for getting caught trying to buy access or influence with the president through Cohen's scam company.
Stalker

#23New Post! May 11, 2018 @ 17:01:24
@mrmhead Said

AT&T, among other companies, are apologizing for getting caught trying to buy access or influence with the president through Cohen's scam company.

Just shows how dumb AT&T and those other companies are.

To get access to Trump, all they had to do it publicly claim that they would be bringing jobs to the USA because of Trump.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs